Seng Song success also due to " connection " ??

saw one comment " Reason He got so successful is his Son married the prime minister Lee Hsien Leong daughter and hence got exclusive rights to open up in government housing estates. I remember going to their 1st supermarket in katong as a kid in 2003/2004 it was a really small place with things stacked so high it looked like it will topple anytime. "

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-n6Bxhj7VoY
[+] 2 users Like [[ForeverAlone]]'s post

(05-06-2024, 02:30 PM)[[ForeverAlone]] Wrote:  saw one comment " Reason He got so successful is his Son married the prime minister Lee Hsien Leong  daughter and hence got exclusive rights to open up in government housing estates. I remember going to their 1st supermarket in katong as a kid in 2003/2004 it was a really small place with things stacked so high it looked like it will topple anytime. "

I thought the towkay already clarified this is not true.      Thinking

Thinking is difficult, that's why most people judge
                    Carl Jung
[+] 1 user Likes Huliwang's post

(05-06-2024, 02:48 PM)Huliwang Wrote:  I thought the towkay already clarified this is not true.      Thinking

where the source?

(05-06-2024, 02:53 PM)[[ForeverAlone]] Wrote:  where the source?

In a tv interview by mediacorpse.    Cool

Carl Jung

Ah Lim very humble type. 
Heaven reward him with good opportunities.
[+] 1 user Likes Migrant's post

The so call meritocracy lor...guang xi

(05-06-2024, 02:30 PM)[[ForeverAlone]] Wrote:  saw one comment " Reason He got so successful is his Son married the prime minister Lee Hsien Leong  daughter and hence got exclusive rights to open up in government housing estates. I remember going to their 1st supermarket in katong as a kid in 2003/2004 it was a really small place with things stacked so high it looked like it will topple anytime. "

Why you so reluctant to give him credit for his hard work?

When he started Sheng Siong he only just got married. The 1st store is at AMK and he opened in hdb becos rent was cheaper

(05-06-2024, 05:52 PM)Bigiron Wrote:  The so call meritocracy lor...guang xi

China now slowly moving away from guang xi. Not  relevant not a must cos capable people are many.
After covid people see money alot also not very relevant.

then how come NTUC gave up their unit at Bedok to Sheng Shiong ?

also very obvious PAP chase Giant out of Vivo and Parkway Parade...............but never went after Sheng Shiong......

(05-06-2024, 07:20 PM)Blin Wrote:  China now slowly moving away from guang xi. Not  relevant not a must cos capable people are many.
After covid peop(more than10)n this mall are closed  or are in preparation to hv more makan oulets instead of shops  as capitalmall foresee trouble ahead for brick n mortar shopping units when RTS open in 2026
many flock to jb n on line shopping alreadykill many shops.

It was never about what you know!
It was all along about who you know!

It is not true that Sheng Siong got best location for their branches.   

It is always NTUC Fairprice got those best locations in most housing estates. You can see around housing estates Toa Payoh, Bishan, Ang Mo Kio until Yishun and Sembawang.     

In Yishun, Fairprice got both locations at MRT and North Point. Sheng Siong only got at a HDB far corner few can see.  

(05-06-2024, 08:04 PM)webinarian Wrote:     
It is not true that Sheng Siong got best location for their branches.   

It is always NTUC Fairprice got those best locations in most housing estates. You can see around housing estates Toa Payoh, Bishan, Ang Mo Kio until Yishun and Sembawang.     

In Yishun, Fairprice got both locations at MRT and North Point. Sheng Siong only got at a HDB far corner few can see.  

last time i heard rumours Seng Song actually want to take that location at HDB hub which current is NTUC owned it. But later that ground level is Cold storage take over but cannot last long thus in end then NTUC also take over the ground level.

Very simple to know this is not true.. With HC as the MIL, you think she will allow a DIL who is not from a rich family?

1. I have served the nation in a combat unit for 2.5 + 10 years. I had fulfilled my duty as a citizen, but has the country do it's part for me?
2. I don't know where the threat of CCP is, but I know the threat of CECA is already at my doorsteps
3. I had been called a CCP, JHK, Pinoy, but they never called me a CECA..

(05-06-2024, 08:08 PM)[[ForeverAlone]] Wrote:  last time i heard rumours Seng Song actually want to take that location at HDB hub which current is NTUC owned it. But later that ground level is Cold storage take over but cannot last long thus in end then NTUC also take over the ground level.

All the shops at prime location go to Fair Price lah. Just open your eyes and see for yourself instead of spreading misinformation by saying I "heard this and heard that".     Big Grin

Carl Jung

You didn’t know how come his mother kena K….. Only 1 day, the suspect was caught.

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind"

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/c...-mother-of

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind"