Serious topic: Any recommendation of a reliable and trustworthy funeral service?

My father-in-law is very sick
Doctors told us to be prepared 
So my sisters in law are asking each one of us to check on funeral services
I read of many funeral parlours have hidden costs
And will not tell you until the end of the services
$20,000 can become $200,000.
Often we heard of stories of rip offs
And unscrupulous funeral parlours 
So, do anyone has any experience to provide a reputable one?
Many thanks

LMW (PSP) to PAPigs: DO NOT TAKE EVERY OPPOSITION IDEA AS A SOURCE OF DIVISION!!!

Oh yes, I’m looking for a Buddhist type
My mother has a Christian type provided by Hosana (I think)
Arranged by my Christian sisters
I think quite good service

LMW (PSP) to PAPigs: DO NOT TAKE EVERY OPPOSITION IDEA AS A SOURCE OF DIVISION!!!

(07-01-2023, 05:23 PM)Bluebull Wrote:  My father-in-law is very sick
Doctors told us to be prepared 
So my sisters in law are asking each one of us to check on funeral services
I read of many funeral parlours have hidden costs
And will not tell you until the end of the services
$20,000 can become $200,000.
Often we heard of stories of rip offs
And unscrupulous funeral parlours 
So, do anyone has any experience to provide a reputable one?
Many thanks

Nowadays, funeral parlour have links with hospital I heard. Hospital will have catalogue to let u choose what package u want.

3 days cheaper.

5 days is more expensive.

Normal rates don't exceed $50,000.

Don't open too many table. Also don't cater too much food. Tid bits can. 

Based on table, head count and number of packs opened.

$20,000?! Might as well don't do funeral service. Save money.
[+] 1 user Likes applepiegal's post

3 days $20,000 may be within budget.

very ex.

Can share cost with NotDumb...Cityhantam etc..

The religion will determine the cost. Taoist most expensive. Free thinker, Christian, Buddhist most affordable. Depend got how many friend 3 days can be short as first day they setup already count so most ppl put 5 days. 3 days I hear is for kids where white hair ppl send black hair ppl during my late father times around 2015
[+] 1 user Likes sgh's post

(07-01-2023, 05:49 PM)Sharexchange Wrote:  Can share cost with NotDumb...Cityhantam etc..

For bankrupt like u it's Free! Rotfl

can try NTUC income referral services
6788 8788
recently I got two quote for NO frills min three days is around $5K
I believe these referral services less likely to chut pattern as NTUC may drop them if ppl comprain

Singapore Casket@ Jalan Besar.

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

Last time attend my relative one, i remember Once the doc informed , RIP. The Nurse at the counter will give you a Pamphlet which have all the funeral companies info let you ownself choose.

In fact don't know why your sister so anxious for what, guess is worry the budget for it so faster talk about it?

The cheapest is NEVER put the body for days invite relatives , friends come to pay last respect. Due to expense stage up all the necessary stuffs.

Is next day straight bring to Mandai ready for cremation. Before that you can ask relatives, or those close friends of deceased pay the last respect. Before sent to burn.

The cost roughly less than 5k in fact , if you choose the cheapest coffin + the funeral company services and decide to throw the ashes to the sea.
I still remember need to pack some red packets to give the staffs in charge the burning .
" this thing last time newspaper got people bring out but is " subjective " depend want to give or don't

I remember my relative choose to throw the ash to the sea also need to give one red packet for the boat operator the next day when collect the ashes to scatter the ashes to the sea.
[+] 1 user Likes [[ForeverAlone]]'s post

Estimated total cost can be  discussed. 
Won't be 200k for sure.

(07-01-2023, 06:15 PM)hansamu Wrote:  Estimated total cost can be  discussed. 
Won't be 200k for sure.

Actually those deal with Funeral one " should be not say greedy " Yes also a Business end of the day, they need to pay for their workers etc which this type of job in fact hard to find people doing, can understand but end of the day yea , They do will discuss how much budget you can afford or how you want to do it etc.

One last time, This type of business these people better don't be so greedy, You can " cheat a person who still alive " but you can't cheat a person already dead, you never know.

(07-01-2023, 05:36 PM)theold Wrote:  3 days cheaper.

50,000.....................SGD ??

Last time I attend one which is my Army friend , parent. He told me , he ownself go supermarket buy the mineral water because if you open the funeral service ones will be charge according and is expensive.

How much would it cost if ask funeral company to arrange direct from mortuary to crematorium without 3 days or five days wake where make-up, coffin, transport, sai-gong, angmo band inclusive? I am asking for myself when I go. ..... Thinking

Thinking is difficult, that's why most people judge
                    Carl Jung

(07-01-2023, 05:58 PM)limpeh394 Wrote:  can try NTUC income referral services
6788 8788
recently I got two quote for NO frills min three days is around $5K
I believe these referral services less likely to chut pattern as NTUC may drop them if ppl comprain
Thumbs_up Thumbs_up Thumbs_up

(07-01-2023, 06:01 PM)sgbuffett Wrote:  Singapore Casket@ Jalan Besar.

Agreed. My mum passed away late last year. Their packages varies according to what you wish to pay. . My family paid around 15k that’s inclusive of tentage, coffin , drinks, the funeral to the crematorium, collection of ashes.

tomorrow will be a better day

(07-01-2023, 06:07 PM)[[ForeverAlone]] Wrote:  Last time attend my relative one, i remember Once the doc informed , RIP. The Nurse at the counter will give you a Pamphlet which have all the funeral companies info let you ownself choose.

In fact don't know why your sister so anxious for what, guess is worry the budget for it so faster talk about it?

The cheapest is NEVER put the body for days invite relatives , friends come to pay last respect. Due to expense stage up all the necessary stuffs.

Is next day straight bring to Mandai ready for cremation. Before that you can ask relatives, or those close friends of deceased pay the last respect. Before sent to burn.

The cost roughly less than 5k in fact , if you choose the cheapest coffin + the funeral company services and decide to throw the ashes to the sea.
I still remember need to pack some red packets to give the staffs in charge the burning .
" this thing last time newspaper got people bring out but is " subjective " depend want to give or don't

I remember my relative choose to throw the ash to the sea also need to give one red packet for the boat operator the next day when collect the ashes to scatter the ashes to the sea.

Give you 1 upz for your useful advice. Dat iz my experience as well. Think 5 k iz the average funeral cost for some religions.

(07-01-2023, 06:41 PM)Huliwang Wrote:  How much would it cost if ask funeral company to arrange direct from mortuary to crematorium without 3 days or five days wake where make-up, coffin, transport, sai-gong, angmo band inclusive? I am asking for myself when I go. ..... Thinking

No frills iz much much cheaper. Slightly more dan 1 k last time .
[+] 1 user Likes luncheonmeat's post

(07-01-2023, 06:07 PM)[[ForeverAlone]] Wrote:  Last time attend my relative one, i remember Once the doc informed , RIP. The Nurse at the counter will give you a Pamphlet which have all the funeral companies info let you ownself choose.

Read carefully la
My mother christian funeral is OVER
Now I looking for a Buddhist funeral service for my father in law

this one DAMN RELIABLE and GOOD

[Image: coffin-dance.gif]

Actually if you post good comment and recommendations
It is good for everyone here also
Because it is a matter of time you need this service

I have a friend whose father died of a sudden heart attack
The family was never prepared for this
So they just looked for a funeral parlour from the internet
They thought they got a good one from the way they advertised
Like cheap and good
Wa Lau, when the undertaker came, he really talked like a durian seller
Saying that father deserved the best like MSW type of durian
Don’t go for cheap type like five for ten dollars
And when the friends and relatives come they should be treated to the durians from the best trees
Then these relatives will not talk bad about what durians they had
Of course the family were in grief and under duress
They are in total confusion, because the undertaker said everything must be decided fast
In the end money not enough
Even the white gold from visitors also cannot cover
End up they had to take a bank loan

(07-01-2023, 08:33 PM)grotesqueness Wrote:  this one DAMN RELIABLE and GOOD

[Image: coffin-dance.gif]

Suitable for you

(07-01-2023, 08:34 PM)Bluebull Wrote:  Actually if you post good comment and recommendations

Like cheap and good
And when the friends and relatives come they should be treated to the durians from the best trees
They are in total confusion, because the undertaker said everything must be decided fast

Thanks for sharing. Can I know did your fren take Taoist funeral package? Their pricing are way above all religion due to their super many saigong big drum etc many many rituals all cost monies on top of tentage rental mobile toilet food etc. Saigong pray chant wrong you also dunno. They say A is A B is B no one dare to question

(07-01-2023, 08:34 PM)Bluebull Wrote:  Actually if you post good comment and recommendations

Like cheap and good

yes many cases of thos bastard service provider chop carrot head cos family members are to stress to make decisions.

Can the deceased use its cpf to pay? What is the point of keeping CPF if you can't even use it to pay for your funeral services but still need to trouble your own family members.

(07-01-2023, 09:14 PM)pinkpanther Wrote:  Can the deceased use its cpf to pay? What is the point of keeping CPF if you can't even use it to pay for your funeral services but still need to trouble your own family members.

died how to get the money ?

the person who he nominated will get the money after CPF clarified all the documents.