NDP postponed liao!

National Day Parade 2021 to be postponed to Aug 21

SINGAPORE: This year's National Day Parade (NDP) will be postponed to Aug 21 after the scheduled end of the Phase 2 (Heightened Alert), the Ministry of Defence (MINDEF) said on Thursday (Jul 22).

A ceremonial parade will be held instead on the original date of Aug 9.

"It will be similar to the one held last year at the Padang, but will take place at the Float@Marina Bay," the ministry said in a press release.

"The heartland fireworks and Red Lions displays previously announced to be held over the Aug 7 to 8 weekend will be cancelled."

The NDP rehearsal and preview, previously planned for Jul 24 and Jul 31 respectively, have also been postponed.

"To prepare for the NDP on Aug 21, rehearsals will be conducted later in smaller component groups," MINDEF said, adding that the dates will not be announced so as to discourage crowds from gathering around Marina Bay.

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/sin...f-15270898

so makeup holiday for 21aug hv or not?

I think it's a good bold decision

Many people help prepare one whole year for this so postpone is better than cancel.

(22-07-2021, 10:13 PM)menghuii Wrote:  so makeup holiday for 21aug hv or not?

yes......nothing is more important than that, right ?

There will only be one public holiday for National Day... Big Grin

whats the point on holding on Aug21. its a FULL MOON. there will be adverse effect.

So persistent in holding NDP wasting resources as well as exposing many reluctant participants.

only for performers i guess

Finally under pressure from concerned citizens the 4G relented and postponed NDP to 21 Aug
[+] 1 user Likes sporeguy's post

(23-07-2021, 07:00 AM)p1acebo Wrote:  
(22-07-2021, 11:22 PM)sporeguy Wrote:  Finally under pressure from concerned citizens the 4G relented and postponed NDP to 21 Aug

Yes it doesn't make sense to keep exhorting everybody to stay at home with no dining outside and here you have one big mass gathering.  If they had gone ahead they would have been branded foolhardy fools who do not walk the talk :fundace :zd

All these flip flopping of measures only point to short sighted near term goals.  Granted the virus is not easy to contain, but the ktv saga and family ties issue were wholly preventable.

Lack of enforcement, not in my turf so not my responsibility and not properly walked through.  Although the agencies close ranks now, probably after knocking of heads by the higher ups.

In this world, not everything we do, really make sense.
Eg, why do we need to choose to work until die. It is very clear direction we are heading in this direction if nothing is going to change.

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind"

People don't celebrate birthdays after the actual day! Suay!

Simply cancel it. The people are not in the mood to celebrate!

Before: At your service; After: Serves you right!
[+] 1 user Likes Fit's post

(22-07-2021, 11:22 PM)sporeguy Wrote:  Finally under pressure from concerned citizens the 4G relented and postponed NDP to 21 Aug

Yes it doesn't make sense to keep exhorting everybody to stay at home with no dining outside and here you have one big mass gathering.  If they had gone ahead they would have been branded foolhardy fools who do not walk the talk :fundace :zd

All these flip flopping of measures only point to short sighted near term goals.  Granted the virus is not easy to contain, but the ktv saga and family ties issue were wholly preventable.  

When you sponsor a young vietcong girl through family ties and she comes here "to study" will already raise quite a few "red flags".  You mean you cannot check with the institutions whether she got attend class and spot check her whereabouts during the evenings when you know they are mostly high risk kok kok kuay cases??  Oh yeah, the skools also know but they just want to earn their skool fees.

Lack of enforcement, not in my turf so not my responsibility and not properly walked through.  Although the agencies close ranks now, probably after knocking of heads by the higher ups.

Wherever you go, no matter what the weather, always bring your own sunshine Big Grin

(23-07-2021, 07:08 AM)RiseofAsia Wrote:  
(23-07-2021, 07:00 AM)p1acebo Wrote:  Yes it doesn't make sense to keep exhorting everybody to stay at home with no dining outside and here you have one big mass gathering.  If they had gone ahead they would have been branded foolhardy fools who do not walk the talk :fundace :zd

In this world, not everything we do, really make sense.
Eg, why do we need to choose to work until die. It is very clear direction we are heading in this direction if nothing is going to change.

But we are individuals and only accountable to ourselves.  These elected govt officials need to think in the best interests of those who elected them.

Wherever you go, no matter what the weather, always bring your own sunshine Big Grin

(23-07-2021, 07:10 AM)Fit Wrote:  People don't celebrate birthdays after the actual day! Suay!

Simply cancel it. The people are not in the mood to celebrate!

The money saved from wasting resources on fireworks could have been used to assist ailing businesses.

Govt must know something very bad among the community.

So my bad feeling is this news, postponed of NDP to fiercest ghost month day!

疫苗可以不打, 手枪一定要打!
疫苗可以不注射, 精子一定要远射!

NDP postponed, maybe going to be canceled.

So those 61% no need to put up flag?

[Image: IMG-20210723-WA0003.jpg]

Don't miss the parade, bro
[+] 1 user Likes RichDad's post

Better still, cancel it totally and save cost