Sick of this particular financial course peddler. ..need to be exposed

Really tired of this guy appearing to market his course promising results. He is also preying on the currently downturn and pain of investors promising to be able to turn their losses into gains by helping them to pick super stocks. 

He even went to Bershire meeting took many pictures with famed investors like Mohnish Pabrai and Warren Buffett to use as promotional materials.

[Image: qjrcXBv.jpg]

This guy portray himself as a super investor reality is this ....in the following video he was interviewed by Kelvin and asked what are his top 5 holdings. Usually course peddlers will never shared this because they can be exposed later as sub par when the stocks perform poorsly- none of them outperform the index in reality.

He tells us his top 5 holdings

https://youtu.be/XxjU_XfbFoE?t=180s

Fastly, Pointera, Nuewe, Campify, ...all these stocks have fallen more than 80% since the interview and I believe more than half will go bankrupt.

Yet this guy dare to go on YouTube to promote himself as a super stock investor and take students and fees.

That is how bad it is. The rest are probably as bad or worse. You sign up for their lousy course and find it is rubbish.

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

He is rubbish,, smart guy will speak with his action..

(18-06-2022, 08:41 AM)FangFang Wrote:  He is rubbish,, smart guy will speak with his action..

It's all marketing when it comes to course peddling industry.
False promises...false hopes ...to lure innocent people...

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

(18-06-2022, 09:45 AM)sgbuffett Wrote:  It's all marketing when it comes to course peddling industry.

How come you are always following these con men? The real ones won't sell their secrets lah. Chaos theory.

(18-06-2022, 09:45 AM)sgbuffett Wrote:  It's all marketing when it comes to course peddling industry.

Yea just like you keep watching these so call. "Local financial Guru on Youtube "
I already say MANY MANY TIMES

REAL Successful Skilful Investors, Traders WILL NOT Do what Video tell u about financial market EVEN SO CALL Help you what on start ups, build business blah blah all these.

ALWAYS Remember the REAL RICH Never tell people what they do.

(18-06-2022, 10:39 AM)[[ForeverAlone]] Wrote:  Yea just like you keep watching these so call. "Local financial Guru on Youtube "
I already say MANY MANY TIMES

REAL Successful Skilful Investors, Traders WILL NOT Do what Video tell u about financial market EVEN SO CALL Help you what on start ups, build business blah blah all these.

ALWAYS Remember the REAL RICH Never tell people what they do.

First of all many financial YouTubers are just sharing ideas like people here you can agree disagree criticise ...it is fair game.... They don't ask you for money and if you don't like you can don't watch.

Course peddlers have purchased advertising slots on YuuTube and we are forced to watch their garbage until we are sick.

Also I am warning people about them to prevent people from wasting their money.

The best way of stopping them is don't click on their videos. You're giving them free promotion and free money if you click. Kelvin is another big conman. Dun show his videos la.

(18-06-2022, 10:43 AM)sgbuffett Wrote:  First of all many financial YouTubers are just sharing ideas like people here you can agree disagree criticise ...it is fair game.... They don't ask you for money and if you don't like you can don't watch.

Course peddlers have purchased advertising slots on YuuTube and we are forced to watch their garbage until we are sick.

Also I am warning people about them to prevent people from wasting their money.

You claim prevent people from wasting money
Always remember Time = Money too and Do note, Money CANNOT BUY TIME.

Which one actually more value behind?
BETTER spend MORE TIME READ Financial news from Forbes etc , than listen what your Loo, Kelive, josh whatever so call " financial talk "

ALREADY REMEMBER They are not Doing for " Free " either, they have " AGEND BEHIND FOR SELF BENEFIT TO SUCK PEOPLE LIKE YOU " getting more viewership, etc in return earnings from Youtube etc

They are JUST REPEAT NEW FROM Forbes etc financial news.

So YOU Better SPEND MORE TIME READ NEWS THAN listen CRAP ok.

aiya ah butt still dun understand how free market works.

google allows them to advertise with a fee. and you can aso pay google a small fee to skip the ads.

LEARN FR U TUBE IS STILL BETTER THAN THESE GURUS,MOREOVER IS FREE

(18-06-2022, 10:53 AM)Blasterlord2 Wrote:  The best way of stopping them is don't click on their videos. You're giving them free promotion and free money if you click. Kelvin is another big conman. Dun show his videos la.

Kelvin is not a conman, imo. He does his research and shares his knowledge, nothing wrong with him. 
Up to you to believe what he says is true. Gotto do your homework.

I want to applaude Mr Jonathan for his latest video in which he transparent show all the losses in his portforlio and runs through why he still have faith in his stock picks despite the losses.

This behavior is much better than other course peddlers who make claims without proof or simply dig out old trades that are profitable as if they don't have losing trades.

All his investments are down. Given market is down stocks going down in itself is not in itself a problem. I myself despite me being in my 5th year of investing and intensive study also have losses in my portforlio some picked up and heavily criticised by some on the forum using hindsight.  

The real problem are the stocks themselves...and the business model

These are his stocka down 70% to 37% from his purchase price
[Image: q3OiniG.jpg]

Let's leave out Palanthir as there is enough fans and critics out their and it is the odd one in his portforlio.
I do not like the company as an investment. I don't think it has as much room for growth as people think.

His stock picks are problematic for the following reasons.

1. They are pre earnings companies listed when they are still making losses.

2. They all have negative cashflow despite growing revenues. These company will runout of cash and have to do a cash call or borrow to stay aflaot.

3. They all have unremarkable businesses.How is Campify different from a car rental business? There is no barrier to entry.

3. While the companies are growing revenues, they are very small companies so revenues naturally have room for growth. If they are unrpofitable they could be undercharging customers just to grow revenues.

Guy who bought all(not some but all) his stocks at the wrong price and lost 50-70% ....wants to teach you to buy stocks at the right price.

This is like a kindergarten chess player who read a book by Bobby Fischer and thanks he is a grandmaster. ..now wants tk sell courses.

After watching some of his videos and side kick Kelvin Seetoh, I see 2 guys who are clueless about investing. One guy got lucky and made some money in the mega bull run, the other lost his pants.

(18-06-2022, 08:39 AM)sgbuffett Wrote:  Really tired of this guy appearing to market his course promising results. He is also preying on the currently downturn and pain of investors promising to be able to turn their losses into gains by helping them to pick super stocks. 

He even went to Bershire meeting took many pictures with famed investors like Mohnish Pabrai and Warren Buffett to use as promotional materials.

[Image: qjrcXBv.jpg]

This guy portray himself as a super investor reality is this ....in the following video he was interviewed by Kelvin and asked what are his top 5 holdings. Usually course peddlers will never shared this because they can be exposed later as sub par when the stocks perform poorsly- none of them outperform the index in reality.

He tells us his top 5 holdings

https://youtu.be/XxjU_XfbFoE?t=180s

Fastly, Pointera, Nuewe, Campify, ...all these stocks have fallen more than 80% since the interview and I believe more than half will go bankrupt.

Yet this guy dare to go on YouTube to promote himself as a super stock investor and take students and fees.

That is how bad it is. The rest are probably as bad or worse. You sign up for their lousy course and find it is rubbish.

Don't see any difference between him and your other Loo Loo guy who is always peddling his wife's handbags in the background.  A serious and mature investor cum trainer will not do such dubious stuff to distract from what he is doing.  Suffice to say he and his wife is trying to milk all the kong kum sheep for all their worth.

Wherever you go, no matter what the weather, always bring your own sunshine Big Grin