Singapore’s birth rate is falling and ‘throwing money’ at the problem won’t solve it

https://www.cnbc.com/2023/09/18/singapor...e-it-.html

The biggest reason for this shift is how notoriously expensive it is to live in Singapore, and the high cost of living continues to steer many away from expanding their family, analysts told CNBC.

Almost two decades ago, Loh and her husband made a decision not to have children.

Today, 17 years later, the two of them are convinced they made the right choice.

“I may feel differently when I’m on my deathbed and have to die alone, but at the moment, the choice seems right to us,” said the 46-year-old who works in the tech industry.

Loh, who did not want to give her full name, is not alone

(18-09-2023, 09:38 AM)forum456 Wrote:  https://www.cnbc.com/2023/09/18/singapor...e-it-.html

The biggest reason for this shift is how notoriously expensive it is to live in Singapore, and the high cost of living continues to steer many away from expanding their family, analysts told CNBC.

Almost two decades ago, Loh and her husband made a decision not to have children.

Today, 17 years later, the two of them are convinced they made the right choice.

“I may feel differently when I’m on my deathbed and have to die alone, but at the moment, the choice seems right to us,” said the 46-year-old who works in the tech industry.

Hope they don’t suffer from bedridden. Rotfl
Dont say too early.

What to do? This $$$ face garment only know how to use $$$ to solve problem.

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind"

(18-09-2023, 09:38 AM)forum456 Wrote:  https://www.cnbc.com/2023/09/18/singapor...e-it-.html

The biggest cause of this is "educating women".

However, it would be unfair to not send girls to school.  So there is no easy solution.

Society needs women to be mothers, the hand which brings up the next generation, which rocks the cradle. The role of mothers had been highly appreciated for why else were so many songs composed in praise of mothers, and why we - the older generation - saw mothers as someone who is so special?

Educating women changed all that.  Women don't want to look after kids.  You bring up two men, one with a kkj, one without, but the latter is still a mam, as you brought her up to be.  What happens in Singapore will lead to the extinction of the human race if this is also happening in every country in the world.

Observer = KILLjoy = starbugstk = Dan = lvlrsSTI = OWNER.
Trying so hard to find my Archilles Point wor. Hehe Love

可以用钱来解决的问题都是小问题。
不能用钱解决的问题,才是大问题lah. Rotfl

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind"

To solve the problem, allow men to have 2 wives if they can afford it

8Umbrella Umbrella

a few developed european countries have solved or reversed the low birth rate problem by throwing money at it.
this kind of reported low birth rate problem was solved by them 10 years ago.

but pap refuses to learn from them.
do not know why pap refuses to learn from the successful european countries.

(18-09-2023, 10:50 AM)forum456 Wrote:  a few developed european countries have solved or reversed the low birth rate problem by throwing money at it.

a lot of things that pap cannot solve but solved by other rich countries.

think pap refuses to solve due to high cost.
it is cheaper to mass import cheap foreigners to boost population.

other rich countries cannot mass import cheap foreigners because they have strong opposition parties in parliament.

(18-09-2023, 10:50 AM)forum456 Wrote:  a few developed european countries have solved or reversed the low birth rate problem by throwing money at it.

PAP will tell u DON'T Compare SG vs EU countries, will tell u look SG is small , no resources of its own whereas EU they are big , got own resources.

Will tell u , look around you , who building these, Money don't drop from sky

EPIC , PAP can Easily spend and spend like no body business ON The people Money which we contribute in taxes, paying GST , etc
for their own benefits more than contribute more back to the society.

(18-09-2023, 10:55 AM)forum456 Wrote:  a lot of things that pap cannot solve but solved by other rich countries.

think pap refuses to solve due to high cost.
it is cheaper to mass import cheap foreigners to boost population.

other rich countries cannot mass import cheap foreigners because they have strong opposition parties in parliament.

They clearly want to throw money at FTs rather than at us. So let the good idea flow with FTs doing NS do defend this country.

(18-09-2023, 10:40 AM)klat Wrote:  To solve the problem, allow men to have 2 wives if they can afford it

Remove Gender equality lah. Rotfl
This is against Law of Nature.
男女是有别,天已经注定。
这世上只有公正,没有公平。

违反自然,必遭天谴!
人定胜天,是鬼话,千万别信!

Now women also become hunters not distributors, 
they don’t need men anymore.

polices of PAP govt have caused the problem to worsen..
.they imported people causing cost of living to rise and population density to go up.

Higher population density drives down fertility rate.

PAP policies is the main cause of low fertility and they jeep making the situation worse due to greed for money from economic growth.

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/34914431...0variables.

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

I also think she got it right.
This country for the past 10+ years doesn’t seem to run it like a country.