Singapore’s middle classes turn to food banks as inflation bites

situation real bad despite govt says more jobs opening then those looking for jobs.
nore people employed as compared to pre covid 
how much u believe ?

Link?

(10-12-2021, 03:50 PM)RichDad Wrote:  Link?

i copy n paste but cant only shows --------

Only STUPID will believe and yes go what Skillfuture, you are just feeding others instead you are Really gain something.

Look, Employer will not hire a person go just few days course, one week base on your past working experience.

They will in the end get foreigner or locals who already in this trade for years better.

reported on the telegraph

go to feedspot.com

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/global-healt...tionbites/
[+] 1 user Likes babygirl's post

middle class turns to food bank? sure or not, was at lobster and burger yesterday. restaurants quite pack leh. each customer only given 90 mins to enjoy their meals.

(10-12-2021, 03:55 PM)babygirl Wrote:  https://www.telegraph.co.uk/global-healt...tionbites/

hi baby girl pls adv how u can copy n paste.this is exactly the article i saw tried to copy n paste but cant.

(10-12-2021, 03:55 PM)babygirl Wrote:  https://www.telegraph.co.uk/global-healt...tionbites/

Thanks, baby

In the past it was not uncommon for poor yo face issue for food. I, myself, when I was trying to save as much money as possible will just eat instant noodles with one egg.

But food insecurity and hunger is spreading to more people in Singapore.

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.
[+] 1 user Likes sgbuffett's post

But a record of hdb sold into millions leh

There is no right or wrong decisions. 
One only has to bear the consequences that one makes  Big Grin

(10-12-2021, 04:01 PM)wulala Wrote:  middle class turns to food bank? sure or not, was at lobster and burger yesterday. restaurants quite pack leh. each customer only given 90 mins to enjoy their meals.

Coffee shops and hawker centres also having good business.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/global-healt...tionbites/

If prata price up, then get those frozen ones and flip by yourself. Nice and crispy.
[+] 1 user Likes Migrant's post

(10-12-2021, 04:01 PM)wulala Wrote:  middle class turns to food bank? sure or not, was at lobster and burger yesterday. restaurants quite pack leh. each customer only given 90 mins to enjoy their meals.

You mean got people crowd at lobster and burger mean everyone has plenty of food what kind of logic is that?

It's like saying big crowd at condo launch means there are no poor people in Singapore?

Or thousands turn up at Standatd Chartered marathon means there are no sick unfit people in Singapore?
.....how does the logic work here?

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

So how to join Food Bank for free food? ............ Thinking

Thinking is difficult, that's why most people judge
                    Carl Jung

(10-12-2021, 04:31 PM)Galilo_l Wrote:  But a record of hdb sold into millions leh

by the samre token there are >300,000 millionaires w cash in spore how can u say there are poor people in spore.
coe hit 6 yrs high
the wealth distribution in spore is widely divided

those who bot million$ hdb are  previously pte property owners  
after spending m$ still hv a m$ in the bank

(10-12-2021, 04:35 PM)Huliwang Wrote:  So how to join Food Bank for free food? ............ Thinking

The vegetarian food stall in my neighbourhood is giving out 500 packs of vegetarian beehoon on 15 Dec.  Big Grin

(10-12-2021, 04:35 PM)sgbuffett Wrote:  You mean got people crowd at lobster and burger mean everyone has plenty of food what kind of logic is that?

It's like saying big crowd at condo launch means there are no poor people in Singapore?

Or thousands turn up at Standatd Chartered marathon means there are no sick unfit people in Singapore?
.....how does the logic work here?

Middle class forms the majority of Sg.

If, as it's claimed, middle class turns to food bank, that means situation is very very bad! 

Is it true?

(10-12-2021, 04:38 PM)cityhantam Wrote:  The vegetarian food stall in my neighbourhood is giving out 500 packs of vegetarian beehoon on 15 Dec.  Big Grin

Like that how to survive? Got lobang for daily supply and near MRT or not?..... Big Grin

Carl Jung

The surprising thing is the article mentioned middle class. I think it is not widespread in the middle income range. Maybe a few fell thru the cracks. Most should be ok, at least not down until must ask for free food. Pofma.

But lower income sure jialat.

(10-12-2021, 04:40 PM)Huliwang Wrote:  Like that how to survive? Got lobang for daily supply and near MRT or not?..... Big Grin

https://blog.seedly.sg/free-food-singapore/

Never Go Hungry: Places to Get Free Food in Singapore

https://www.facebook.com/freefoodsg/

Free Food for All

(10-12-2021, 04:44 PM)cityhantam Wrote:  https://blog.seedly.sg/free-food-singapore/

Never Go Hungry: Places to Get Free Food in Singapore

Thanks, will come in handy............ Big Grin

Carl Jung
[+] 1 user Likes Huliwang's post

(10-12-2021, 04:40 PM)cityhantam Wrote:  Middle class forms the majority of Sg.

If, as it's claimed, middle class turns to food bank, that means situation is very very bad! 

Is it true?

Depends on the definition of the middle class. And then sometimes, they divide the middle class into different subclasses. The article did not state the income of the 'middle class' so don't know how widespread it is.

(10-12-2021, 04:46 PM)Huliwang Wrote:  Thanks, will come in handy............ Big Grin

Haha... don't curse yourself lah

(10-12-2021, 04:49 PM)Levin Wrote:  Depends on the definition of the middle class. And then sometimes, they divide the middle class into different subclasses. The article did not state the income of the 'middle class' so don't know how widespread it is.

No matter how it is defined, middle class is always the biggest group, especially in affluent nations like Sg.  Big Grin

(10-12-2021, 04:50 PM)RichDad Wrote:  Haha... don't curse yourself lah

Can use the info to help those in need mah!  Big Grin

means a lot " Small head yet want to wear a Big head "

(10-12-2021, 04:51 PM)cityhantam Wrote:  No matter how it is defined, middle class is always the biggest group, especially in affluent nations like Sg.  Big Grin

But if it is divided into subclasses and only one of the subclass is being referenced, then it is not. From the article, the 'middle class' is definitely not what I personally think is the middle class of Singapore. I considered myself and my neighbours as middle class (my neighbourhood is old and poorer than average) but so far no mention of food bank here.