I proposed that charges against Iswaran be dropped...here is why

(20-01-2024, 10:26 AM)wendychan Wrote:  like i said... to stir shit or for views...
really stupidity knows no  bounds

Agree fully. 
Someone said previously that he owns Sgtalk. Not sure if it's true . 
Looking at it, it may be true now. He is trying to draw viewers with many stupid and ridiculous topics so as to generate more advertising income.

(19-01-2024, 09:26 PM)luncheonmeat Wrote:  Certain 'elite' schools kiasu parents will band to give teacher some gratis during teachers day even though this is completely out of line with MOE ruling. Topsy come from such school dat requires student to gift wealthy moe teachers presents during teachers day?

My sons are in an elite school, but the only thing the other parents have given the principal is a piece of their mind!  Hahaha!

(19-01-2024, 05:39 PM)Instinct Wrote:  Poor analogy. Looks like you don't know what corruption is. Our minister are paid highly so they won't corrupt, but this argument has been proven wrong. Paid more, they corrupt more as the value of everything they take are small relative to their huge pay cheque. That becomes the problem as they lose touch with the ground and not understanding how little people are living on.  He has gotten so close to OBS, obtaining so much goodies from him that it's hard for him to deal totally without prejudice.

Our politicians don't have a need to be corrupt.  If I am paid $1 - 2 million a year, I won't be tempted to steal anything at work.  It is far more difficult to steal $1 - 2 million in public funds than have that amount deposited into my bank account!

Ahbutt is a self appointed mp, making proposals for entertainment

(20-01-2024, 10:30 AM)sgbuffett Wrote:  While I can agree with due process the govt already said that no decision was affected by the gifts.

He was lucky that govt did not find any decision was affected by the gifts otherwise I think the govt would have expelled him straight away. However, by accepting or obtaining those gratifications amounting to $380k, the court  due process still has to proceed because as a person and a politician, his integrity has been compromised by taking those gratifications. Who knows OBS will not ask for favors in future.       Rolleyes

Thinking is difficult, that's why most people judge
                    Carl Jung

(20-01-2024, 10:30 AM)sgbuffett Wrote:  While I can agree with due process the govt already said that no decision was affected by the gifts.

https://www.singaporelawwatch.sg/Headlin...t-says-mti
 "There is nothing to suggest, as of now, that Formula One (F1) contracts or other contracts were structured to the disadvantage of the Government, the Ministry of Trade and Industry (MTI) said in a statement on Jan 1"

you dont understand ?
due process....
someone from MTI will probably be called for questiioning, if there is a trial

MTI making the above statement is not tantamount that the judge shouldnow absolve him.
Isawaran also posted that he is innocent.
so courts should now absolve him, BEFORE the process?

You have 4 user(s) on ignore
Somme road, alerts,  Choc,  winbig

Foo Mee Har is my sister in law - FACT
https://linktr.ee/freckydoodles
http://www.yuffy.com/trial/clippings.html

(20-01-2024, 10:14 AM)sgbuffett Wrote:  So are they able to prove Iswaran give something in return?
If he gave nothing in return you agree he is not guilty of corruption...

Those are your own words in bold.

No wonder tharman is not charged with corruption.

He's paid million of $ and gave nothing in return.

(19-01-2024, 05:17 PM)sgbuffett Wrote:  In total the prosecutor estimate Iswaean received gratification of $145K...mostly in freebie tickets, hotel stays etc. This is spread over 6yrs through his interaction and friendship with OBS.

Iswaran annual salary is estimated at $2.5M if bonuses are included.

The amount is $145K is 5.8% of his annual  salary spread over 6yrs....or less than 1% a year.

60% voters will always support you

(20-01-2024, 10:48 AM)EvertonDiehard Wrote:  Our politicians don't have a need to be corrupt.  If I am paid $1 - 2 million a year, I won't be tempted to steal anything at work.  It is far more difficult to steal $1 - 2 million in public funds than have that amount deposited into my bank account!

Not true. If you're paid $1 - 2mil a year, you'll want more. Greed knows no bounds.

Ignore List: Oyk

(20-01-2024, 10:48 AM)EvertonDiehard Wrote:  Our politicians don't have a need to be corrupt.  If I am paid $1 - 2 million a year, I won't be tempted to steal anything at work.  It is far more difficult to steal $1 - 2 million in public funds than have that amount deposited into my bank account!

That is where you are wrong. Ever hear where got ppl say monies is enough one? Monies is always not enough lar.

(20-01-2024, 12:31 PM)Blasterlord2 Wrote:  Not true. If you're paid $1 - 2mil a year, you'll want more. Greed knows no bounds.

In Iswaran's case, since he has too much money, he needs a new thrill which he found in getting "freebies".  It is like those in senior management who pad their expense account incurred during overseas business trips.

(20-01-2024, 11:22 AM)Alice Alicia Wrote:  No wonder tharman is not charged with corruption. He's paid million of $ and gave nothing in return.

If Tharman is paid absolutely nothing, taxpayers would have gotten our money's worth since that useless President has done absolutely nothing since he was voted by the brainless 70%.

(20-01-2024, 12:43 PM)sgh Wrote:  That is where you are wrong. Ever hear where got ppl say monies is enough one? Monies is always not enough lar.

Sadly, you have completely failed to understand my previous post. I wrote that our politicians don't need to be corrupt since they are paid $1 - 2 million a year. They won't be tempted to steal anything at work. There is no need since they have that amount deposited into their bank account.  The fact that Iswaran still received bribes shows his depravity - he wanted the satisfaction of receiving freebies.  It is like white collar workers who shoplift for the thrill. 

Sgbuffet is a CECA out to protect Iswaran who is a well known ceca lover.

That's why he post bullcrap like this.
[+] 1 user Likes aiptasia's post

(20-01-2024, 01:08 PM)aiptasia Wrote:  Sgbuffet is a CECA out to protect Iswaran who is a well known ceca lover.

That's why he post bullcrap like this.

Ah butt is also learning something new everyday...so are we...no need to put him down with so many negative comments! 

But ah.. I suspect his only canteen sweet heart back in the army days is a Ceca  Big Grin
[+] 1 user Likes pinkpanther's post

any gift to any minister MUST BE DECLARED and PLACE AT THE ISATANA

here are the gifts our ministers and head of state received

https://www.istana.gov.sg/Interactive/State-Gift

farking CECA received gifts never declared

what LKY corruption free standard is the Farking CECA applying?

[Image: b94e007d-e9e6-4276-8f70-24e7ec4966a2-gif.65300]

Maybe ah butt can continue his part 4 or part 5 of his story with his sweet heart cashier to draw in more viewerships....

(20-01-2024, 01:29 PM)pinkpanther Wrote:  Maybe ah butt can continue his part 4 or part 5 of his story with his sweet heart cashier to draw in more viewerships....

Ah Butt will keep because those gifts value are below 5% of his CPF OA account of $20k.      Big Grin

Thinking is difficult, that's why most people judge
                    Carl Jung

(20-01-2024, 02:41 AM)Sentinel Wrote:  More like an abuse of office and an abuse of power, rather than clearcut bribery

Hence, all these nonths in secrecy was to structure the case so much so DS has a viable defence to get him acquited

Very cunning, but is to be expected of PAP
True. The outcome fine only no jail n he continue his minister post

(20-01-2024, 02:03 PM)Huliwang Wrote:  Ah Butt will keep because those gifts value are below 5% of his CPF OA account of $20k.      Big Grin

if ah butt is not singapore minister is ok

if it is singapore minister then must abide by this

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/singapor...rs-3672291
[+] 1 user Likes grotesqueness's post

This proposal of his is very wuliao right?

(20-01-2024, 10:14 AM)sgbuffett Wrote:  So are they able to prove Iswaran give something in return?
If he gave nothing in return you agree he is not guilty of corruption...

Those are your own words in bold.

Of course they were my words. They were also YOUR words in another of your posts.  Rolleyes

Observer = KILLjoy = starbugstk = Dan = lvlrsSTI = OWNER.
Trying so hard to find my Archilles Point wor. Hehe Love

(21-01-2024, 04:07 PM)Oyk Wrote:  Of course she is my granddaughter .  Rolleyes

[Image: 6gt-Sc1705240580.jpg]

Laughing Laughing

(20-01-2024, 02:07 PM)grotesqueness Wrote:  if ah butt is not singapore minister is ok

if it is singapore minister then must abide by this

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/singapor...rs-3672291

So just S$50 can lah! Big Grin $50.05 is over $50 mah!

(19-01-2024, 05:17 PM)sgbuffett Wrote:  In total the prosecutor estimate Iswaean received gratification of $145K...mostly in freebie tickets, hotel stays etc. This is spread over 6yrs through his interaction and friendship with OBS.

Iswaran annual salary is estimated at $2.5M if bonuses are included.

The amount is $145K is 5.8% of his annual  salary spread over 6yrs....or less than 1% a year.

To put in perspective ....say an ordinary primary school teacher receives $30K salary a year. 1% is $300. During teachers day it is customary for students to give teacher some gifts. Each class 30 students total give will be $400-$600 if you assume roughly $12 per gift. Every year a primary school teacher receives gifts of > 1% of her salary. Do we go and investigate the teacher and arrest her? 

Let's look at the law

What Iswaran received is less in % terms the gift a teacher receives on teachers day. So to say it is "valuable thing " relative to his vast wealth as minister is not reasonable. The amount is also nothing to him and won't move needle!

At most he should be fined for not declaring his gifts...but I believe many primary  teachers also never declare their the gifts they receive.

can you pls dont ruin the reputation of the school teachers. they dont receive gifts as you say. they only receive cheap flowers.

why are you so keen to defend the ex minister. how much gift money he gave you so far??

(21-01-2024, 04:34 PM)Bigbluedot Wrote:  can you pls dont ruin the reputation of the school teachers. they dont receive gifts as you say. they only receive cheap flowers.

why are you so keen to defend the ex minister. how much gift money he gave you so far??

Sgbuffett and Iswaran from same village? Laughing
[+] 1 user Likes winbig's post

(21-01-2024, 05:21 PM)winbig Wrote:  Sgbuffett and Iswaran from same village? Laughing

I suspect too, very discerning bro.

(21-01-2024, 04:07 PM)Oyk Wrote:  [Image: S0tt0.png]

Leader must set good example for others to follow.
Abuse of power and authority should be avoided.