Singapore PM Wong speaks with PM Anwar, other leaders on first day in office

Singapore PM Wong speaks with PM Anwar, other leaders on first day in office

https://thesun.my/local_news/singapore-p...DB12462076
[+] 1 user Likes Bigiron's post

SINGAPORE: PM Lawrence Wong on Thursday spoke with leaders in the region over the phone on his first day in office, including with Malaysian counterpart Datuk Seri Anwar Ibrahim.

Wong, sworn in as Singapore’s 4th prime minister on Wednesday night, also spoke with Indonesia president-elect Prabowo Subianto and Japan Prime Minister Fumio Kishida.

“They called to congratulate me on my new role & I thanked them for their well wishes. I also look forward to working with them to boost bilateral regional and cooperation,” he posted on X, formerly Twitter.

The prime minister in his maiden speech to the nation, among others, said his govt will strengthen partnerships “near & far” and seek to be friends with all while advancing Singapore’s interests.

On his first day in office, Wong also chaired his first Cabinet meeting. “He have a full agenda ahead & look forward to working with all of you to take Singapore forward in our next phase,” he posted.

Wong and his Cabinet were sworn in on Wednesday night in a ceremony presided by President Tharman Shanmugaratnam at the Istana.

ALSO READ: M’sian Cabinet congratulates Lawrence Wong over appointment as Singapore’s new PM - Fahmi.
[+] 1 user Likes Tee tiong huat's post

how come instead of them send their congratulations to LW but LW had to call them?
[+] 1 user Likes K88 shu shu's post

(18-05-2024, 07:57 AM)K88 shu shu Wrote:  how come instead of them send their congratulations to LW but LW had to call them?

He is not real boss . In this video from hwz.
There is a hand push handshake .. telling who the actual boss is.

🤝🤝🤝 #lawrencewong #leehsienloong #swearinginceremony #singapore #fy... | Lee Hsien Loong, Prime Minister of Singapore | TikTok
https://www.tiktok.com/@huhjyeah/video/7...9558800647

Monitor his shares now everyone
[+] 1 user Likes FangFang's post