Singapore adds more billionaires to Forbes’ 2023 richest list

There was a piece of similar news (centred mainly on the richest fellow in Singapore) posted here on 2 Apr but that piece of news is really limited in info overall as it was mainly on one person in the list. So here's a piece of news that has more info on the others on the list.

Angela Tan
Senior Correspondent
UPDATED 7 HOURS AGO

SINGAPORE - Mr Li Xiting, founder and chairman of Shenzhen Mindray Bio-Medical Electronics, a global provider of medical devices based in China, has again topped Forbes’ list of billionaires in Singapore.

Mr Li was among 35 billionaires from the Republic – up from 26 in 2022. Their collective net worth came to US$118.9 billion (S$157.6 billion), compared with US$106.7 billion in 2022.

This year saw several additions to the rarefied list, including Mr Kwek Leng Keow (with US$1.4 billion) of Hong Realty, the private property company within the Hong Leong Group in Singapore; hotel tycoon Michael Kum (with US$1 billion), whose properties include brands such as Hilton and Hyatt; and Dr Loo Choon Yong (with US$1 billion), co-founder of Raffles Medical Group.

Mr Li’s net worth stood at US$16.3 billion, making him the 103rd richest billionaire in the world, according to Forbes’ annual ranking.

Forbes ...... 37th edition of the list showed the number of billionaires around the globe has fallen for the second straight year

The total number of billionaires fell to 2,640, down from 2,668 in 2022. The planet’s richest are now worth US$12.2 trillion, a drop of US$500 billion from US$12.7 trillion in March 2022.

https://www.straitstimes.com/business/si...chest-list

Can openly brag?

whereas everyone knows they ARE NOT SINGAPOREAN

PAP gets all the credits from the boast
Poor folks with not much credits get the roast

How does all this benefit Singaporeans ?

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

(06-04-2023, 03:16 PM)sgbuffett Wrote:  How does all this benefit Singaporeans ?

Got to see  these ultra rich ppl got make contribution to help the poor and society. If no, better dont keep them.

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind"

(06-04-2023, 03:16 PM)sgbuffett Wrote:  How does all this benefit Singaporeans ?

They bring in business, investment and jobs hor!