Singapore is ranked lowest in terms of poverty in SEA, but Singaporeans point out

Singapore is ranked lowest in terms of poverty in SEA, but Singaporeans point out there’s no official poverty line

https://theindependent.sg/singapore-is-r...erty-line/

Since 80% of S'poreans do not own their own home, it shows that wealth is concentrated in the hands of a small minority.

(04-09-2024, 10:35 AM)Bigiron Wrote:  Singapore is ranked lowest in terms of poverty in SEA, but Singaporeans point out there’s no official poverty line

https://theindependent.sg/singapore-is-r...erty-line/

....until the same SGreans fly from Changi Airport to other SEA countries.... Big Grin

You've got friendly neighbours? Grow Up! 李光耀 2013

PAP refused to set a poverty line so that they can ignore salary reports

highlighting people who need help

[Image: SG-poverty-line.png]

[Image: CCS-No-poverty-line.png]

Why do we need 5 Mayors and 80 PAP Ministers? 
[+] 1 user Likes Ola's post

(04-09-2024, 10:36 AM)EvertonDiehard Wrote:  Since 80% of S'poreans do not own their own home, it shows that wealth is concentrated in the hands of a small minority.

I know 100% of SGreans would love to "own" a "free-hold" property ...Problem is 80% of them already have a  home with running electricity, water supply and working lifts 24/7...since we reform our housing policy in 1960s.

I am curious how on Earth can that happen when, as according to your info, wealth is a certain "small minority" on our Island nation of 734.3 km²? Big Grin 

[Image: Singapore-HDBs-23.png]

(04-09-2024, 10:45 AM)Manthink Wrote:  I know 100% of SGreans would love to "own" a "free-hold" property ...Problem is 80% of them already have a  home with running electricity, water supply and working lifts 24/7...since we reform our housing policy in 1960s.

I am curious how on Earth can that happen when, as according to your info, wealth is a certain "small minority" on our Island nation of 734.3 km²? Big Grin 

Stronger SGD currency over the past 20 years is not the same as personal wealth, lah

Why do we need 5 Mayors and 80 PAP Ministers? 
[+] 1 user Likes Ola's post

(04-09-2024, 10:43 AM)Ola Wrote:  PAP refused to set a poverty line so that they can ignore salary reports
highlighting people who need help

[Image: SG-poverty-line.png]

[Image: CCS-No-poverty-line.png]

I know many developed countries have official "Poverty line" for their policy guide...The problem is I do not see such measurement has led to real quality living or improvemnt in those conutries living standard.

For those who are clueless - Big Grin

(04-09-2024, 10:50 AM)Ola Wrote:  Stronger SGD currency over the past 20 years is not the same as personal wealth, lah

I know 100% that SGD value is everything to do with managing SG inflation AND wealth.

And I am sure 100% of those M'sians who "loves" working in SG agree... Big Grin 

https://theindependent.sg/singaporeans-s...s-so-good/

SAME :
is rich means happy ?
not necessary

(04-09-2024, 11:41 AM)talky Wrote:  SAME :
is rich means happy ?
not necessary

Figures always can be used for say other happy or not.

Communist Vietnam is 2nd "richest" after SG from that chart and many SGreans like living there....

So why pple don't like Communist ? Big Grin

[Image: Screenshot-2024-09-03-at-11.19.58%E2%80%...8x1153.jpg]