Singapore man UOB account gets frozen he only finds out when transactions fail

https://mustsharenews.com/uob-bank-account-frozen/

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.
[+] 1 user Likes sgbuffett's post

UOB is one of the worst banks in Singapore.  I am surprised why they are allowed to operate. 

My mum wanted to open an FD in UOB and she didn’t want to do an internet placement due to a healthy dislike for internet scams and potential for fraudulent transactions.

So we headed to Raffles Place which we thought being at a business area (with many counters open), transacting there will be a breeze.

We thought wrong.  We waited almost 1 hr 50 minutes to be served.  And that was only because I raised a stink and hollered at the nonchalant staff there in the end.  Their constant refrain we are doing our best.  We will serve you as soon as possible.  Parroting insincerely.  

And the FD placement just took us about 5 mins to complete.

Imagine there was only 1 counter serving FDs and it moved like a snail’s pace while the other counters were moving quickly for other types of transactions.

After I raised a huge stink did they then open up another counter.

I paid about $10+ in Carpark fees for waiting endlessly.  Ptui Sad

Wherever you go, no matter what the weather, always bring your own sunshine Big Grin
[+] 1 user Likes p1acebo's post

(01-06-2023, 08:15 AM)p1acebo Wrote:  UOB is one of the worst banks in Singapore.  I am surprised why they are allowed to operate. 

My mum wanted to open an FD in UOB and she didn’t want to do an internet placement due to a healthy dislike for internet scams and potential for fraudulent transactions.

So we headed to Raffles Place which we thought being at a business area with many counters open will be a breeze.

We thought wrong.  We waited almost 1 hr 50 minutes to be served.  And that was only because I raised a stink and hollered at the nonchalant staff there in the end.  Their constant refrain we are doing our best.  We will serve you as soon as possible.  Parroting insincerely.  

And the FD just took us about 5 mins to complete.

Imagine there was only 1 counter serving FDs and it moved like a snail’s pace while the other counters were moving quickly for other types of transactions.

Agreed, this is one of the most shitty bank in my black book. I was so angry with this bank on one occasion some 30 years ago over a dispute on the interest of my FD that I decided to forgo the interest and pulled out.  Big Grin

Thinking is difficult, that's why most people judge
                    Carl Jung
[+] 2 users Like Huliwang's post

If you use UOB as your cpf agent bank, good luck to you.  Everything in their setup in this day and age, is still paper based.

Angered at their incompetency, the following month I discharged them as my agent bank.  I later went to DBS.  UOB took their time to transfer, and everything had to be manually signed and sent to them by snail mail.

Yep, that’s how they still operate in this day and age.

Wherever you go, no matter what the weather, always bring your own sunshine Big Grin

Their 2 uob branches at parkway hv lounges with sofa and newspapers, serve drinks and the one on the 3rd floor serves cookies.

Another bank's lounge on the 15th floor hv nice seaviews, tv and magazines, used to serve kueh and local delicacies. Now seemed to hv stop that.

Both are quite fast for normal banking services.

(01-06-2023, 08:29 AM)WhatDoYouThink! Wrote:  Their 2 uob branches at parkway hv lounges with sofa and newspapers, serve drinks and the one on the 3rd floor serves cookies.

Another bank's lounge on the 15th floor hv nice seaviews, tv and magazines, used to serve kueh and local delicacies. Now seemed to hv stop that.

Both are quite fast for normal banking services.

That one privilege banking, usually faster. But ground floor at times just go to general bank teller faster lah..

(01-06-2023, 08:26 AM)Huliwang Wrote:  Agreed, this is one of the most shitty bank in my black book. I was so angry with this bank on one occasion some 30 years ago over a dispute on the interest of my FD that I decided to forgo the interest and pulled out.  Big Grin

You should save with the State Bank of India.   Big Grin

I opened a FD account with SBI because it paid the best interest of all banks, beating also the finance companies.

It was more than a breeze.  It was done at a tsunamic speed.  Later when the FD rates at several banks went up further, I sort of regretted and regret, you know, is not an Oyk thing.  It's human OK?  Laughing

So I went back and said I wanted out  I was willing to forfeit the interest, it's OK, I had done my homework, and I told them another bank was offering a better FD rate.  The bank manager...she was, like me, a Han Singaporean btw... Wink right away offered to migrate my account to a new FD account with their latest rate.  Oh, they had also revised their FD rate (upwards) but I was locked under the old rate ma. 

It was done at a tsunamic speed, as always.

Well done, SBI!

It was during the recent rates hike this year.  Big Grin

万岁万岁万万岁SBI.  Rotfl nudie nudie nudie

(01-06-2023, 08:44 AM)Sticw Wrote:  That one privilege banking, usually faster. But ground floor at times just go to general bank teller faster lah..

There was a long queue at DBS Bank and an officer managing the crowd.  As soon as this Oyk stepped in, she didn't know who I was, but after she checked my credentials and the amount I was transacting in, I was ushered to the priority queue.  Big Grin nudie nudie nudie

(01-06-2023, 09:00 AM)Oyk Wrote:  There was a long queue at DBS Bank and an officer managing the crowd.  As soon as this Oyk stepped in, she didn't know who I was, but after she checked my credentials and the amount I was transacting in, I was ushered to the priority queue.  Big Grin nudie nudie nudie

[Image: IMG-0401.jpg]

(01-06-2023, 09:02 AM)CHAOS Wrote:  [Image: IMG-0401.jpg]

nudie Rotfl

Closed twice n open again interest v low
Waited 5 hours to replace fd slow like tortoise

Do not talk to a fool for he will scorn  the wisdom of your words 
☝️

(01-06-2023, 08:15 AM)p1acebo Wrote:  UOB is one of the worst banks in Singapore.  I am surprised why they are allowed to operate. 

So we headed to Raffles Place which we thought being at a business area (with many counters open), transacting there will be a breeze.

Who told you are not a privileged banking customer.

Next time do a joint account with someone who has a privileged banking account, wealth banking also can. Just need to be thick skin. You can queue at the priority queue by opening your mouth, no need to wait so long.
Sg banks give poor service on mass crowd.

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind"

(01-06-2023, 12:58 PM)RiseofAsia Wrote:  Who told you are not a privileged banking customer.

Next time do a joint account with someone who has a privileged banking account, wealth banking also can. Just need to be thick skin. You can queue at the priority queue by opening your mouth, no need wait so long.

I don't bank at UOB.  Never had, and never will Big Grin

(01-06-2023, 01:01 PM)p1acebo Wrote:  I don't bank at UOB.  Never had, and never will Big Grin

My wife always queue at the priority queue. Rotfl

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind"

[Image: 20230516-100050.jpg]

This old faithful along east coast rd was closed during covid and now reopened. Old folks living nearby were so glad

I have accounta with all.local banks except uob. Enough said

Smile
[+] 1 user Likes Niubee's post

(01-06-2023, 01:05 PM)RiseofAsia Wrote:  My wife always queue at the priority queue. Rotfl

Need to spread the eggs around.  Remember that each bank is only accountable to you for only $75k under SDIC.  But ish true.  I feeling kinda silly hopping to several banks just to park $75k Laughing

We are priority members for a msian bank and DBS Treasures. But I will never touch UOB given such bad experiences.

(01-06-2023, 01:14 PM)Niubee Wrote:  I have accounta with all.local banks except uob. Enough said

You are one smart fella Big Grin

(01-06-2023, 09:00 AM)Oyk Wrote:  There was a long queue at DBS Bank and an officer managing the crowd.  As soon as this Oyk stepped in, she didn't know who I was, but after she checked my credentials and the amount I was transacting in, I was ushered to the priority queue.  Big Grin nudie nudie nudie
Big white sharke.?

This WCY is one of the most dislike corporate leader by the general public
The younger Wee is no different
So, it’s like father like son

LMW (PSP) to PAPigs: DO NOT TAKE EVERY OPPOSITION IDEA AS A SOURCE OF DIVISION!!!

I always do private banking.

me use only american bank.

fast as lightning.

UOB allegedly demanded that fraud victim pay for unauthorized transactions, froze her sole bank account

https://www.bannedsite.com/forum/chillin...nk-account
[+] 1 user Likes Alleggsinonebasket's post

Which bank is Big Strong and Friendly?

Sounds like a bayi trying to gorek your backside Laughing

u so rich
got car

(01-06-2023, 09:47 PM)Talent Wrote:  u so rich
got car

Ish a cherry QQ  Big Grin

Been with CKB from 60's and migrated to UOB since without issues.
[+] 1 user Likes SotongOngTee's post

(01-06-2023, 10:27 PM)SotongOngTee Wrote:  Been with CKB from 60's and migrated to UOB since without issues.

UOB is my main account that I have been using for many years. I have just placed 2 tranches of FD via app recently. So far no issues.

Nowadays most banking transactions including FDs can be done online and that saves lots of time

Just be careful with those phishing scams you'll be safe

Useless Old Bank.