Singapore needs to move away from its broken system of COE

Singapore needs to move away from its broken system of COE

https://www.theonlinecitizen.com/2023/05...em-of-coe/

Laughing

How is it broken when trillions have been raked in over the years

There is nothing wrong with the COE system. If one cannot afford.a car, mean you are poor. Please wake up and work harder, don't complain!

Hope next bidding cat A hit $200K so that I can sell my 3 y o car with profit.

Cars should be allocated to those who need it not those who don't need it.

COE does not serve this goal

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

If houses can have absd I don't see why cars cannot.

(06-05-2023, 07:09 PM)sgbuffett Wrote:  Carsshiudl be allocated to those who need it not those who don't need it.

COE does not serve this goal

Can use chatgpt to define need in this case? Thanks

they say the future COE no 10 years one
it is paid by per hours and kilometers in singapore
let say your ferrari  is 1000000
per hours and per kilometer is $200 which ever comes first

so used often your 1000000 is finished before 10 years
you got to top up 1000000 or buy new car

used less  your 1000000 car can last more than 10 years

The tax costs more than the car.

(06-05-2023, 07:23 PM)grotesqueness Wrote:  they say the future COE no 10 years one
it is paid by per hours and kilometers in singapore
let say your ferrari  is 1000000
per hours and per kilometer is $200 which ever comes first

so used often your 1000000 is finished before 10 years
you got to top up 1000000 or buy new car

used less  your 1000000 car can last more than 10 years

If I am govt i will retain coe plus charge road usage together. Make more monies! Road usage still need to gamble car owners drive out. Coe is dun drive out I already earn. Now with double coe plus road usage I earn the most!

(06-05-2023, 07:28 PM)theold Wrote:  The tax costs more than the car.

YES 

Singaporeans pay much less in taxes compared to citizens elsewhere: Lawrence Wong

CAN YOU DIG THAN IN SUCKA:  Lawrence Wong

Singaporeans pay much less in taxes compared to citizens elsewhere: Lawrence Wong - CNA (channelnewsasia.com)

Today met a car electrician. So far never heard of it. He is indeed a professional.

(06-05-2023, 07:36 PM)theold Wrote:  Today met a car electrician. So far never heard of it. He is indeed a professional.

Tesla EV got a lot a lot

Not only broken, but made many car owners broke.

They should replace it with ABSD.

(07-05-2023, 01:58 PM)Alice Alicia Wrote:  They should replace it with ABSD.

Very good idea

8Umbrella Umbrella

It is a rotten system. Rotfl
Should replace it with balloting system.

Sg Parents with 4 kids and above. Have highest priority.

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind"

Both the COE and the CPF system was designed to serve the Govt.

(07-05-2023, 06:24 PM)Wy:Nox Wrote:  Both the COE and the CPF system was designed to serve the Govt.

Should be..:

Both the COE and the CPF system was designed to serve the the PAP-Govt.

Bidding itself is speculative and encourage motor sellers to gamble. In fact, MP Iswaran should scrap this out- dated system that favours the rich by using a similar Compass Framework recomended by MOM.

Win the World but lost your Soul. 

singapore direct tax low. benefits little bit only. yet few benefits like new bto also cannot get one.

indirect tax. petrol tax. erp. fine active when give out benefits.

indirect tax due to waste time of road users.
pub road work and gardening causing huge traffic jam and some accident but not recorded against them. they corner up the road in a very protective way providing very little additional benefits to safety of their workers but cause huge traffic jam. like no one care cause the drivers affected no make noise.

example block up pie westward between clementi ave 6 and jurong town hall road for the exit of lorry into pie. please count how many lorry actually exit in an hr. the jam cause can go back to clementi ave 6. not a 1x incident. met it at least a few occasion. so no know how often they do it?

block up left turn lane as there is a road work after. then vehicle got o q on lane next to left turn lane causing jam. but vehicle turning left already how does it contribute to safety for the worker?
all these are selfish design in the name to protect road worker but many are useless.

bukit timah road turning into cte. there is some work on the side of the road. but they lock up most of the left turn lane until last bit of turning. little addition to safety. worse when they stop work. they do not remove the road block. so no work done and make other road users continue to stay in the jam.

useless road block with little or marginal safety to road worker needs review. it is showing that we as a nation is failing at small thing. small things make up to big things. so be on guard.

hope minister for transport can travel these road more often and experience the jam and feel how other road users are getting it.

just make validity of coe to 1 month. no need to worry about merchant stock difficulties one.
they will find a way out. the speculator will have less way to profit. price will come down.

actively go market to buy up old car beyond coe and left 1-2 years. scap them to create more supply. can get back the money with more coe on sale. coe may not drop but price at least will not go to 200k

I thought motorcycles COE came down this month? When was this article written?

COE is income for LTA, u think they will obliged ?
the higher the COE, the better for LTA
LTA will not jeopardize their income wan la

the only to get lower COE is to pressure the politicians and get the politicians to pressure LTA