Singapore reeling from a online crime wave

https://www.malaymail.com/news/opinion/2...wave/74955
[+] 1 user Likes Everything Everywhere's post

Thanks to mass influx of CECA deal in IT.

Even also Vietnamese , yes quite a lot Vietnamese also into IT.

" they might be backend storing , stealing your info while service in Govt aka so call " sub con "

Govt hire a lot sub contractors , their Own so call Technical officers just Oversee aka is High pay Customer service officer.

Just tell sub contractors go fix , their job is on replying back end users
[+] 3 users Like [[ForeverAlone]]'s post

One of the richest countries in the world certainly, Singapore attracted large cyber crime.

You don't expect them to go hunting in Timbuktu.
[+] 1 user Likes Scythian's post

(18-06-2023, 02:12 PM)[[ForeverAlone]] Wrote:  Thanks to mass influx of CECA deal in IT.

Even also Vietnamese , yes quite a lot Vietnamese also into IT.

" they might be backend storing , stealing your info while service in Govt aka so call " sub con "

Govt hire a lot sub contractors , their Own so call Technical officers just Oversee aka is High pay Customer service officer.

Just tell sub contractors go fix , their job is on replying back end users

PAP have FT#1 POLICY so that we must be under- employed/ jobless

and fulfil PAP's prophecy that Foreigners Commit less crime

Why do we need 5 Mayors and 80 PAP Ministers? 

Well, after all these years singkies should be aware.

What pap say and what pap do, they are two very different things.

A lot has to do.with the weak security of our systems

For example tye fraudsters disguised sms.to be on the official.ocbc ID and showed up with the legitimate texts. Hard nit to be fooled

Keeping all the credentials and authentication on the same phone. ...critical mistake of eliminating a separate hardware token.

Weak banking apps....easy ways to transfer money etc

Culture to blame customers for not being IT savvy each time something goes wrong...and doing nothing.

It is just a wave of incompetence.

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

When fraudster steal  money from.bank accounts the victims ar the ones who suffer the loss hence there is no incentive for banks to fix the problems with their apps

But other countries have revised the laws for online banking

[Image: mhBbPL4.jpg]

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

I think Singapore has the HIGHEST crime rates in the world

in terms of population size

Why do we need 5 Mayors and 80 PAP Ministers? 

Actually come IT , is NOT SG advance. LHL all along sleeping at job this is why other countries catch up on SG.

China, South Korea already ahead come IT compare to SG.

In Fact SG have to go learn from China EPIC .....whereas last time China come to learn from us when LKY in charge.

One thing , China also got lots of scam but it seem the Govt can control well.
[+] 1 user Likes [[ForeverAlone]]'s post

(18-06-2023, 06:08 PM)Ola Wrote:  I think Singapore has the HIGHEST crime rates in the world

in terms of population size

Do you mean crime rate or online scam rate?

Upskirt, murder, housebreaking, jaywalking etc are also crimes.

As to online scams, we are of course a high priority target. Why would a scammer waste his time scamming Timbucktoons with a low rate of return for the same effort right.

What conclusions can we draw from this?

1. We are rich which is why we are targeted. Side note: all those posts about how hard life is, 9% GST, cai png jin sexpensive, cannot afford... are lies.

2. Sinkies are not that smart which is why they are easily scammed.

Side note: The success of this country is due to PAP which is supported by the contributions by FTs and FWs. Some sinkies did contribute as well but our population size.... you know right...and peepur like Sgbuffet, what has he done for Singapore? There are many jiakliaobees around like him.

(18-06-2023, 06:19 PM)[[ForeverAlone]] Wrote:  Actually come IT , is NOT SG advance. LHL all along sleeping at job this is why other countries catch up on SG.

China, South Korea already ahead come IT compare to SG.

In Fact SG have to go learn from China EPIC .....whereas last time China come to learn from us when LKY in charge.

One thing , China also got lots of scam but it seem the Govt can control well.

During Lky's time China just opened up. Today even the US is scared of China.

And you are comparing a country with 3.5 m Singaporeans with a country that has 1,500 m Chinese.

We produce one President's Scholar, China produces 1000. This year the number of Chinese graduating from a university is 12.5 m. That's 4 times the population of Singaporanss.

You don't come across as quite analytical...

(18-06-2023, 06:33 PM)Oyk Wrote:  During Lky's time China just opened up. Today even the US is scared of China.

And you are comparing a country with 3.5 m Singaporeans with a country that has 1,500 m Chinese.

We produce one President's Scholar, China produces 1000. This year the number of Chinese graduating from a university is 12.5 m. That's 4 times the population of Singaporanss.

You don't come across as quite analytical...

Nonsense rah is what kind of leader in charge will be what kind of outcome.

(18-06-2023, 06:34 PM)[[ForeverAlone]] Wrote:  Nonsense rah is what kind of leader in charge will be what kind of outcome.

Right. What I say is nonsense. Only what your mother told you is right.  Rolleyes