Singaporean asks, “Why are old people allowed to drive?” since they’re

Sjk clone car. Lately I saw lots of cars with very nice carplate number... I also wondering if those plates are genuine or they anyhow put a 7777 or 8888 on very normal cars... Lol

If we agreed to this, then next will be why the old need to walk on pavement, why the old this and why the old that.

The old also used to pay tax so they have the rights to do anything like u and me, unlessedically proven unfit.

Also, u mean the old is more dangerous than the stupid driver who caused 2 death in tampines?

1. I have served the nation in a combat unit for 2.5 + 10 years. I had fulfilled my duty as a citizen, but has the country do it's part for me?
2. I don't know where the threat of CCP is, but I know the threat of CECA is already at my doorsteps
3. I had been called a CCP, JHK, Pinoy, but they never called me a CECA..

(29-05-2024, 08:02 AM)ArielCasper Wrote:  If we agreed to this, then next will be why the old need to walk on pavement, why the old this and why the old that. The old also used to pay tax so they have the rights to do anything like u and me, unlessedically proven unfit.  Also, u mean the old is more dangerous than the stupid driver who caused 2 death in tampines?

Young S'poreans - especially those entering the workforce - must be made aware of who contributed to their subsidised education through primary and secondary school, and enabled them to benefit from student loans in university.  Apart from their parents or grandparents, it was taxpayers - many of whom are nearing retirement age - who contributed to Govt coffers to help make this possible. 

(28-05-2024, 11:39 PM)watchfirst9 Wrote:  Sg roads are getting dangerous.

These dangerous drivers are most unlikely to be seniors. Should the Govt only allow those over 25 years old to take their driving test? 

Me on the road at least 8 hr per day as a PHV driver and see so many drivers on the phone while driving: can easily identified by the vehicle suddenly slowed down and kept a distance from the front car and than suddenly accelerated.

This is the main cause of accidents.

rackless driving is the main cause of accident. speeding compound the effect of accident.
rackless drivers are also constantly speeding. see them butterfly between lanes with very little space between the cars.

traffic speed camera is also a cause of accident when cars suddenly slam brake to avoid red light. while most drivers are safe not wanting to cheong red light very few will . there are the rackless drivers. most of the cross red light are within a second when the red light changed from amble to red. those junctions with an extra warning light is the best. it give drivers enough time to slow down .

synchonized wave of green traffic lights helps to reduce accident as it reduce fatigue in drivers. no need to cheong as if one get a red light . after that is a wave of green. versus a wave of red where drivers will tends to driver faster in order to beat the next red.

road works especially those any how block the road is also a cause of accident. nea has improved their blocking actions, main culprit now is pub. see some times they even block a left turn lane that has work after the lane.
no reason for the block just contractors follow the rule of block. hope pub redo their block rule. as much to reduce the distrubance to traffic.
also please don't start block road when work have not start too early. especially in the morning before 10am when traffic still heavy in come junctions. like pie exit to steven road yesterday morning.
some work really need to be done at night. the cost to total lost in time for road users far exceed the little cost saving by the blocking road party.

constructions work beside road should not block the road for vehicle to q to enter the worksite , example beach road now. they should park construction related vehicle in a quiet road nearby like republic avenue and schedule vehicle to go into site without q with radio com.

think about it. road is for all to use. traffic effciency has definite cost reductions for the economy. helps the man on the street not to face increase cost due to unneccessay relay on road.

Now the old mostly drives PMA
Up bus up train to market to shopping centre

No weapons that forms against me shall prosper
No tongue that rises against me I shall condemn 
☝️

(29-05-2024, 10:14 AM)Lukongsimi Wrote:  Now the old mostly drives PMA. Up bus up train to market to shopping centre

I guess you are referring to seniors in the heartlands. I still see retirees in my neighbourhood holding on fiercely to their cars - at least till their existing COEs expire.

(29-05-2024, 10:19 AM)EvertonDiehard Wrote:  I guess you are referring to seniors in the heartlands. I still see retirees in my neighbourhood holding on fiercely to their cars - at least till their existing COEs expire.

Not all are old some are non seniors

☝️

(29-05-2024, 10:05 AM)sclim Wrote:  road works especially those any how block the road is also a cause of accident. nea has improved their blocking actions, main culprit now is pub.  see some times they even block a left turn lane that has work after the lane.no reason for the block just contractors follow the rule of block. hope pub redo their block rule. as much to reduce the distrubance to traffic. also please don't start block road when work have not start too early. especially in the morning before 10am when traffic still heavy in come junctions. like pie exit to steven road yesterday morning. some work really need to be done at night.  the cost to total lost in time for road users far exceed the little cost saving by the blocking road party. constructions work beside road should not block the road for vehicle to q to enter the worksite , example beach road now.  they should park construction related vehicle in a quiet road nearby like republic avenue and schedule vehicle to go into site without q with radio com. think about it.  road is for all to use.  traffic effciency has definite cost reductions for the economy. helps the man on the street not to face increase cost due to unneccessay relay on road.

Impatient drivers cannot wait for a break in traffic to switch lanes when construction obstructs their lane. These motorists prefer to dash out suddenly, causing other road users to brake abruptly, increasing the chance of collisions.

(29-05-2024, 10:21 AM)Lukongsimi Wrote:  Not all are old some are non seniors

I agree. Even though most of these PMA riders are elderly, I have seen whole families of a particular ethnic group use these vehicles for transport to the wet market, hawker centre and school.

(29-05-2024, 10:25 AM)EvertonDiehard Wrote:  I agree. Even though most of these PMA riders are elderly, I have seen whole families of a particular ethnic group use these vehicles for transport to the wet market, hawker centre and school.

Cheaper transportation for the unaffordable ones

☝️

(29-05-2024, 10:26 AM)Lukongsimi Wrote:  Cheaper transportation for the unaffordable ones

No need to pay for the COE, but I have seen a few go on the road for short distances.

(29-05-2024, 10:32 AM)EvertonDiehard Wrote:  No need to pay for the COE, but I have seen a few go on the road for short distances.
One thing is it’s explosive. dangerous

☝️