Singaporean asks if there are cons of NOT having kids in Singapore

Singaporean asks if there are cons of NOT having kids in Singapore - Singapore News

https://theindependent.sg/singaporean-as...singapore/

Children nowadays aren’t planned but rather a long term side effect of the manufacturing process. The parents were merely enjoying the manufacturing process back then.
[+] 1 user Likes Buffybuffy's post

There's no cons, in fact, pap will be happy they can import more FTs.
[+] 1 user Likes Alice Alicia's post

These two can have baby or not?
[Image: 01.jpg]
[Image: 02.jpg]
[Image: 03.jpg]

Thinking Oyk:Tempt peepur at their Archilles Point: GREED
[+] 1 user Likes starbugstk's post

Cost of living is so high. 
How to have more kids?

Both couples now got to work, still may not be able to cover the cost.
COE is so high, how to buy a car.
Baby or Child crying will make parents very embarrassing when taking public transport.

This lousy team wants us to work 2 jobs a day. More and more young couples will become DINK. Song BOH!

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind"
[+] 2 users Like RiseofAsia's post

(11-11-2023, 07:00 PM)starbugstk Wrote:  These two can have baby or not?
[Image: 01.jpg]
[Image: 02.jpg]
[Image: 03.jpg]
 Walan China...haha
[+] 1 user Likes Sharexchange's post

(11-11-2023, 06:05 PM)Buffybuffy Wrote:  Children nowadays aren’t planned but rather a long term side effect of the manufacturing process. The parents were merely enjoying the manufacturing process back then.

I know of my parents' friends who are single or widowed in their 70s and 80s who have no one to care for them.  I guess not having kids will be felt the most at old age.  
[+] 1 user Likes EvertonDiehard's post

(11-11-2023, 07:52 PM)EvertonDiehard Wrote:  I know of my parents' friends who are single or widowed in their 70s and 80s who have no one to care for them.  I guess not having kids will be felt the most at old age.  

Definitely. Having a family complete with children gives support for all members of the family, squabbles aside.

Nothing beats a wholesome home and family.

Of course there are cons when the kids are young... time, money, emotional support for them can be draining. But the pros outweigh the cons anytime.
[+] 1 user Likes RichDad's post

(11-11-2023, 08:02 PM)RichDad Wrote:  Definitely.  Having a family complete with children gives support  for all members of the family, squabbles aside.

Nothing beats a wholesome home and family.

Of course there are cons when the kids are young... time, money, emotional support for them can be draining. But the pros outweigh the cons anytime.
Not necessary. Lee member the families?

Unless you are rich, please don't bring kids into this world to suffer. The recent inflation is out of control.
[+] 1 user Likes mikotan's post

(11-11-2023, 08:15 PM)Buffybuffy Wrote:  Not necessary. Lee member the families?

Of course, there are exceptions. But at least they took care of their parents in old age or were there for them. In turn, their children will take care of them.
[+] 1 user Likes RichDad's post

(11-11-2023, 08:25 PM)mikotan Wrote:  Unless you are rich, please don't bring kids into this world to suffer. The recent inflation is out of control.

I have 3 grown up children. When they were really young, I recall ferrying them to their grandparents' homes or to kindergarten and primary school early in the morning during heavy rain.  I never thought a car was a luxury then, but a much needed necessity. Now that my kids are adults, I feel that a car is nice to have, but not a must have.  However, my quality of life would definitely be lower without one.
[+] 1 user Likes EvertonDiehard's post