Singaporean family desperate after egg scam wipes out S$150,000 in life savings

牛唔飲水唔撳得牛頭低
Literal Translation: If a cow doesn't want to drink, you can't force its head down.

iOS is a closed platform, meaning the apps programming is harder to learn and to get your app onto APPLE STORE, it has to be verified by apple and apps can only be installed via the STORE. In addition, the programmer identity of any apple ios apps can be traced...that is why the hackers never dare to program any malicious apps and send it to an APPLE STORE.

Android is an opened platform, meaning the apps programming is easier to learn and the machine language is available online as an open source, the apps can be installed without going pass the GOOGLE STORE or any Android Phone Brand Store. The scammers can easily learn the machine language online and even tweak your apps to become a virus. Once you connect your android phone to your home or even government or company  pc, it can creep into your PC and lay dormant there waiting for a chance to strike. And in addition, the identity of the android programmer can never be tracked or traced, hence they are very bold to program the apps can send it online.

The best security is to buy an APPLE Phone as so far I have not heard of such serious scam on APPLE Phones. But on Android Phones, we have seen I think enough of this download and scam the innocent cases already.

BUY & USE APPLE if you are not technologically literate or competent enough to id such malicious apps.
[+] 2 users Like *天哥*'s post

China is brilliant, they protect their citizens, banned FB.
[+] 3 users Like mikotan's post

(28-12-2023, 08:50 AM)mikotan Wrote:  China is brilliant, they protect their citizens,  banned FB.

I terminated my FB account bcos of so many scam ads and spamming.
[+] 2 users Like Alice Alicia's post

no need to pity kumgong ppl.
[+] 1 user Likes K88 shu shu's post

(28-12-2023, 08:42 AM)*天哥* Wrote:  iOS is a closed platform, meaning the apps programming is harder to learn and to get your app onto APPLE STORE, it has to be verified by apple and apps can only be installed via the STORE. In addition, the programmer identity of any apple ios apps can be traced...that is why the hackers never dare to program any malicious apps and send it to an APPLE STORE.

Android is an opened platform, meaning the apps programming is easier to learn and the machine language is available online as an open source, the apps can be installed without going pass the GOOGLE STORE or any Android Phone Brand Store. The scammers can easily learn the machine language online and even tweak your apps to become a virus. Once you connect your android phone to your home or even government or company  pc, it can creep into your PC and lay dormant there waiting for a chance to strike. And in addition, the identity of the android programmer can never be tracked or traced, hence they are very bold to program the apps can send it online.

The best security is to buy an APPLE Phone as so far I have not heard of such serious scam on APPLE Phones. But on Android Phones, we have seen I think enough of this download and scam the innocent cases already.

BUY & USE APPLE if you are not technologically literate or competent enough to id such malicious apps.

Millions of Scammers in Vietnam have been trying to break this Closed System

One project is just to call anyone. Once you click reject the unknown phone call

the Malware will be installed.

That is why always say- REMOVE 3rd Party Payment App in Singapore.

If other countries can do it, WHT Shoot Blank Queen can fail for 24 mths??

Why do we need 5 Mayors and 80 PAP Ministers? 
[+] 2 users Like Ola's post

(28-12-2023, 08:30 AM)WhatDoYouThink! Wrote:  Physical tokens are not safe either. If your bank app is infected, after the token is used to approve a transaction, the malware could continue to instruct more transactions without showing them on the screen and so you are not aware of them

Please use your brain..
The remote scammer cannot get hold of your token to use it....

You just compare the number of scams now vs when we had hardware tokens, the number is just staggering.

The bank can limit transfer amount and allow increase to be done only at ATM. Each transfer can require hardware token to approve....etc

Many things they can do is not done!!!

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.
[+] 1 user Likes sgbuffett's post

(28-12-2023, 09:18 AM)sgbuffett Wrote:  Please use your brain..

You just compare the number of scams now vs when we had hardware tokens, the number is just staggering.

The bank can limit transfer amount and allow increase to be done only at ATM. Each transfer can require hardware token to approve....etc

You dun seem to hv a brain.

I where got said the scammer needs yr token?

Yeah, you can don't drive and you can reduce the chance of dying in car crash

(28-12-2023, 08:30 AM)WhatDoYouThink! Wrote:  Physical tokens are not safe either. If your bank app is infected, after the token is used to approve a transaction, the malware could continue to instruct more transactions without showing them on the screen and so you are not aware of them
You are very very wrong. Physical token is the safest in internet banking. Banks are phasing out this token to go digital, is a very grave mistake.
[+] 2 users Like Gemstar's post

(28-12-2023, 09:59 AM)Gemstar Wrote:  You are very very wrong. Physical token is the safest in internet banking. Banks are phasing out this token to go digital, is a very grave mistake.

You dun understand what I said

Safest doesn't mean safe
[+] 1 user Likes WhatDoYouThink!'s post

This is difficult for you to believe - I'd made physical tokens before, and developed the code for it. Shd still hv it around. That's why I know they are not safe
[+] 1 user Likes WhatDoYouThink!'s post

(27-12-2023, 03:59 PM)moonrab Wrote:  Something is wrong with FB.
Most scam comes from there...

Normally we buy from Lazada, shopee no such problem. Why government never take action against FB?

I registered an account before, that was a long long time ago, just to see what FB was all about.  I did not use my real name and just posted some random pictures of animals and some silly sentences to see how it worked.  I did not use it thereafter and have forgotten my user id and p/w.  I do not believe in writing my diary, my life story, what I do every hour of the day, every day, and letting people read it like an open book.

So this possibility of being scammed is closed to me.  But I am not resting on my laurels because it can still happen through WhatsApp and emails.  Who knows, one day scammed might create fake Shoppee or Lazada sites...and send messages about free shipping and big discounts, and we bite the bait.

All in all, it's jin scary.  Although I try to be careful, but well, we can never know...just do our best to be careful lor.  In the days of cash, we also had to be careful of pickpockets, and still, some of us lost our wallets, so now we just have to learn a new way of protecting our money online.

Observer = KILLjoy = starbugstk = Dan = lvlrsSTI = OWNER.
Trying so hard to find my Archilles Point wor. Hehe Love

transfer limit amonut is up to the account holder to  set

You have 4 user(s) on ignore
Somme road, alerts,  Choc,  winbig

Foo Mee Har is my sister in law - FACT
https://linktr.ee/freckydoodles
http://www.yuffy.com/trial/clippings.html
[+] 1 user Likes wendychan's post

(28-12-2023, 10:06 AM)WhatDoYouThink! Wrote:  This is difficult for you to believe - I'd made physical tokens before, and developed the code for it. Shd still hv it around. That's why I know they are not safe

Now you claim to be developer of unsafe hardware tokens?

You mean people cannot developed safe hardware tokens?

How is that so when various security tokens are used by top agencies and for military.

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

(28-12-2023, 10:13 AM)wendychan Wrote:  transfer limit amonut is up to the account holder to  set

Believe scammers can gain access to your account and change the transfer limit. Assuming they can get your digital token code lah....
[+] 1 user Likes lylcnn's post

(27-12-2023, 04:09 PM)Huliwang Wrote:  This is scary. Can steal money from all his 4 bank accounts in different banks some more.  Confused

If they take control of your phone, they can trace what you keyed in as your p/w when accessing those accounts.  There is an audit trail.  In a criminal investigation, special IT police personnel can tell plenty after seizing your phone just like I know that lvlrsSTI is Observerbou, KIDDOjoi.... Big Grin

The IT police personnel is a computer expert who studied a course that the scammer also studied.

Observer = KILLjoy = starbugstk = Dan = lvlrsSTI = OWNER.
Trying so hard to find my Archilles Point wor. Hehe Love

(28-12-2023, 10:01 AM)WhatDoYouThink! Wrote:  You dun understand what I said
Pardon me if I did not get yr msg right.

(28-12-2023, 10:09 AM)Oyk Wrote:  I registered an account before, that was a long long time ago, just to see what FB was all about. I did not use my real name and just posted some random pictures of my family. I do not believe in writing my diary, my life story, what I do every hour of the day, every day, and letting people read it like an open book. I prefer they look at my picures

Who knows, one day I might create Shoppee or Lazada sites...and send my granddaughter for offer not free of course

[Image: T9NeKl7.jpg]
[Image: zQJSAdL.jpg]
[Image: 4W3tSPm.jpg]
[Image: bkOz9kH.jpg]

Laughing Laughing

(28-12-2023, 10:16 AM)sgbuffett Wrote:  Now you claim to be developer of unsafe hardware tokens?

You mean people cannot developed safe hardware tokens?

How is that so when various security tokens are used by top agencies and for military.

The physical token is just like physical key, duplicable and unsafe no matter how complicated it is, but it's still being used. How do you explain that?

Maybe it's like your stock picks which fail miserably but you still happily show them around

It's easy for me to explain but difficult for you to understand lah

(28-12-2023, 10:25 AM)Gemstar Wrote:  Pardon me if I did not get yr msg right.

Normally the verifications by token or pw are required when starting the app and/or for the first transaction, and not needed for subsequent transactions, that's where and when the malware will take over.

(28-12-2023, 10:35 AM)WhatDoYouThink! Wrote:  The physical token is just like physical key, duplicable and unsafe no matter how complicated it is, but it's still being used. How do you explain that?

Maybe it's like your stock picks which fail miserably but you still happily show them around

It's easy for me to explain but difficult for you to understand lah

When I ask you for clarification you try to distract and attack me on other things.

You claim hardware token can be duplicated by scammers?
How do they "duplicate a token" without getting hold of it????

(28-12-2023, 10:43 AM)sgbuffett Wrote:  When I ask you for clarification you try to distract and attack me on other things.

You claim hardware token can be duplicated by scammers?
How do they "duplicate a token" without getting hold of it????

Alamak, very simple posts you aso couldn't comprehend, no wonder always wrong in yr market predictions

Again I where got say the physical token can be easily duplicated? I used keys to illustrate my point that they are not safe

Aiya nvml. Just be careful and dun be the next victim ok

(28-12-2023, 08:26 AM)p1acebo Wrote:  I always fcuk scammers who ask me to download anything to my hp.  Anyway I’m on iOS.  Safer a bit Big Grin

I always say I am not free lah… Rotfl
I prefer to call them myself through official site.

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind"
[+] 1 user Likes RiseofAsia's post

(28-12-2023, 10:01 AM)WhatDoYouThink! Wrote:  Safest doesn't mean safe

Not bad, 你也开始悟道了。 Rotfl

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind"
[+] 1 user Likes RiseofAsia's post

(28-12-2023, 10:55 AM)RiseofAsia Wrote:  Not bad, 你也开始悟道了。 Rotfl

Some scammers dun need yr pw or token. Like my friend's friend an IT veteran who kena scammed of 200k. He doesnt understand why he transferred money to scammers several times upon their requests, on the pretense of joint venture.

(28-12-2023, 11:04 AM)WhatDoYouThink! Wrote:  Some scammers dun need yr pw or token. Like my friend's friend an IT veteran who kena scammed of 200k. He doesnt understand why he transferred money to scammers several times upon their requests, on the pretense of joint venture.

walaneh.....myself also kena 'con'vinced to pay $5k to join time-share scheme. Once stepped out immediately couldn't comprehend how they managed to 'con'vince me. Luckily SG law allowed cancelation if within 1 week. Cannot underestimate their power

(28-12-2023, 08:50 AM)mikotan Wrote:  China is brilliant, they protect their citizens,  banned FB.
I really don’t get to understand why people stil trust FB so much, knowingly that many scams are thru FB. Really naive, stubborn and stupid and cannot pity them.