Singaporeans face working longer to afford retirement

Singaporeans Face Working Longer to Afford Retirement
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/...osts-surge

https://www.theedgesingapore.com/news/is...retirement

That Shoot Blank Queen said we are living longer so must increase Retirement Age

Who believes in her BullSheet?

Think I am stupid as Jac Lau= Fart King?

Why do we need 5 Mayors and 80 PAP Ministers? 
[+] 1 user Likes Ola's post

(13-12-2022, 06:46 PM)Ola Wrote:  That Shoot Blank Queen said we are living longer so must increase Retirement Age

Who believes in her BullSheet?

Think I am stupid as Jac Lau= Fart King?
They keep on increasing the retirement age, until it is almost dying time.  There is no time to smell the roses. and enjoy the simple joys of life.......... Rotfl Laughing nudie Gesti-109
[+] 1 user Likes debono's post

(13-12-2022, 06:51 PM)debono Wrote:  They keep on increasing the retirement age, until it is almost dying time.  There is no time to smell the roses. and enjoy the simple joys of life.......... Rotfl Laughing nudie Gesti-109

That is indeed true. How many ppl has fallen even before they enjoy their retirement only to give to their offsprings to enjoy? The flaw with CPF scheme is short lived ppl. My father passed away before age 70. He enjoy 2 years of payout after 65 that's it and no more. Since genes is inherited I predict I cannot cross 70 also which is why I want to retire earlier at 55 and hope my kids faster go earn their own monies as I have not much time to enjoy my retirement.

(13-12-2022, 06:58 PM)sgh Wrote:  That is indeed true. How many ppl has fallen even before they enjoy their retirement only to give to their offsprings to enjoy? The flaw with CPF scheme is short lived ppl. My father passed away before age 70. He enjoy 2 years of payout after 65 that's it and no more. Since genes is inherited I predict I cannot cross 70 also which is why I want to retire earlier at 55 and hope my kids faster go earn their own monies as I have not much time to enjoy my retirement.

You are being too pessimistic, your father may die at age 70, but you may not die at age 70, cos with modern medicine, it is possible to live to a ripe old age of 85........ Laughing Gesti-109

(13-12-2022, 07:08 PM)debono Wrote:  You are being too pessimistic, your father may die at age 70, but you may not die at age 70, cos with modern medicine, it is possible to live to a ripe old age of 85........ Laughing Gesti-109

Minor correction he die at age 67 about 2 years after age 65 where he can start drawing from the RA monthly allowance

Does the Govt know at 60 or 70 years old, only road sweeper jobs are left?
[+] 1 user Likes Wy:Nox's post

(13-12-2022, 07:48 PM)Wy:Nox Wrote:  Does the Govt know at 60 or 70 years old, only road sweeper jobs are left?

Mc Donald's and KFC,,,,,,,,, Rotfl Laughing Gesti-109

(13-12-2022, 06:16 PM)Bigiron Wrote:  Singaporeans Face Working Longer to Afford Retirement

Well... Technically working longer means shorter or no retirement. Not so much of affording retirement but cos you working to sudden drop dead lah.

Singapore is hell and heaven. Hell for working class commoners and heaven for rich and affluent elites. This is reality. So stop dreaming and hoping for anything else if you are not born rich or made it before 30s.

(13-12-2022, 07:54 PM)Sticw Wrote:  Well... Technically working longer means shorter or no retirement. Not so much of affording retirement but cos you working to sudden drop dead lah.

Singapore is hell and heaven. Hell for working class commoners and heaven for rich and affluent elites. This is reality. So stop dreaming and hoping for anything else if you are not born rich or made it before 30s.

I like the way you put it, cos it is fact that we have to face. It is fated to born rich or poor............ Clapping Laughing Gesti-109

(13-12-2022, 06:16 PM)Bigiron Wrote:  Singaporeans Face Working Longer to Afford Retirement

Even an uncompromised CPF CEO also squeezing members balls with low OA interest rate of 2.50%

While bank po aying FDs @ 3.90%
[+] 1 user Likes Scythian's post

If a person continues to be working at the retirement age, it means they can't afford to retire. They can't even retire if they can afford in general.