Singaporeans need to rethink meaning of progress.

Last 15yrs it has been claimed that S'ppre has "progressed".

What it means? Better housing is now less affordable than 15yrs ago, cars are more out of reach and we are more worried about getting sick and losing our jobs.

So what is  this progress that we have achieved ?

What we have now is more intense competition for everything. Just a few days ago a 99yr lease hold condo at Pasir Ris fetched $2000 psf.for its developer.Allgreen. Why? Competition to buy. Before launch it was reported that 1500 cheques were submitted for the development of less than 500 units.

From the time I gave tuition until now students have to put in more and  more hours each year to compete for limited places in the best schools and limited places in universities. For the courses with highest demand like Law, Medicine.and computer science, the requirement is straight As and A1 for GP.  And it is strange we reject good students for medicine and computer science and import people to fill those professions. 

The intense competition will only rise in the coming years. It is what progress means and what progress brings.

It has been many years since Mr.Brown's article that was so hated by the ruling elites that they had him fired from Today. ...but it turned out what he said was true and more true today. That was why they had to sack him. That was 15 years ago. 

[Image: DkAYP8P.jpg]

[Image: pL9cvxa.jpg]

I am waiting for a new meaning of progress....

1. Better quality of lives for Singaporeans especially the elderly.

2. A caring society where we are concerned with the well being of others especially the less fortunate.

3. A society with less poverty less inequality and less hardship among the people.

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.
[+] 1 user Likes sgbuffett's post

our ministers pay check has progressed big big  Laughing

(01-08-2021, 07:55 PM)happyharvest Wrote:  our ministers pay check has progressed big big  Laughing

Very true, Sinkees are fed up with progress. The elites are very happy with their progress in pay.

Rotfl Rotfl

8Umbrella Umbrella
[+] 1 user Likes klat's post

No choice lah. You dun want economic progress meh? Then our women go and work as maids how?

how to share limited resources if no competitions? how to let everyone go to the best school?

Actually, progress has nothing to do with many of us when we are left behind.

https://www.straitstimes.com/politics/sp...gresses-pm

You know what's the real source of problem? American corporate payout. CEOs of American companies have been getting ever increasing share of their companies' profits and this culture has spread to other countries. It cannot be that the CEO is earning the monthly salary of his employee in just a few hours of his time. Pure greed.

(01-08-2021, 08:34 PM)Blasterlord2 Wrote:  You know what's the real source of problem? American corporate payout. CEOs of American companies have been getting ever increasing share of their companies' profits and this culture has spread to other countries. It cannot be that the CEO is earning the monthly salary of his employee in just a few hours of his time. Pure greed.

Singapore took the American model. It used to be a ceo makes 10 times the guy at bottom...but now he makes 500 times....this is crazy.

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

It is the other way?
Only the rich is progressing.
The poor is sucks.

Big problem in our economy model.
Life will get more and more tougher than before.
Keep robbing the savers.

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind"

(01-08-2021, 11:41 PM)sgbuffett Wrote:  Singapore took the American model. It used to be a ceo makes 10 times the guy at bottom...but now he makes 500 times....this is crazy.

U like American culture wat.

The worst thing is the rich paying extremely low tax in US and it is considered legal in US..

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind"

[Image: kWxGgk7.jpeg]

SG Nation Progress with more HDB, more buses . . .

Did the Born- Citizens progress?

Reports already said we are now are mostly worse than our Parents

( PAP had to inflate job titles, come up with Mendeka Card, CHAS . . . )

That is why Foreigners Vote for PAP, not us.

Why do we need 5 Mayors and 80 PAP Ministers? 

Pinky said nobody owes you a living.
VHO!

https://youtu.be/29cu605xies?si=DuHb1_j69mxOWT-G
[+] 1 user Likes Alice Alicia's post

(30-04-2024, 07:28 PM)Alice Alicia Wrote:  Pinky said nobody owes you a living.
VHO!

https://youtu.be/29cu605xies?si=DuHb1_j69mxOWT-G

Outrageous! How can a Prime Minister say that?

Blatant accusation indicating that we do not deserve to be paid for our hard work. I suggest he start looking at his own team who merely waste time on ad- hoc road shows. 

The world does not owe us a living but he as a Prime Minister does 100% owe us a living because tax payers are paying his salary. So where is his responsibility to this country and to its own people. He should be removed years ago. He has fired me up for his chilidish statement.

Win the World but lost your Soul. 
[+] 1 user Likes Symmetry's post