Singaporeans want cheap and good hawker food. Hawkers need to

The Big Read: Singaporeans want cheap and good hawker food. Hawkers need to make money. How do we square the circle?

“If the public is not open to all these price increases (of hawker fare), I think this is a dying trade,” said Ms Sng Yu Jie, 30, a hawker who added that it is “demoralising” to see some young hawkers give up after just a few months.

https://tdy.sg/3Lwbicz

@todayonlinesg
[+] 1 user Likes Bigiron's post

Whether worth to eat food that costs more than u cook

No weapons that forms against me shall prosper
No tongue that rises against me I shall condemn 
☝️
[+] 1 user Likes Lukongsimi's post

Saw one aunty bought 4 packs of instant noodles at Tekka Place

She told my mum that "食物 贵,没人买, 食物 较便宜卖 , 不划算 , 所以 关门 跟好”

Why do we need 5 Mayors and 80 PAP Ministers? 
[+] 1 user Likes Ola's post

last time food are cheap and also good

PLEASE WAKE- UP!

Hawker Centers are for average income people

If poor, please go to the void deck shops to do groceries and then cook yourselves!

Why do we need 5 Mayors and 80 PAP Ministers? 
[+] 2 users Like Ola's post

(20-07-2024, 03:02 PM)Ola Wrote:  PLEASE WAKE- UP!

Hawker Centers are for average income people

If poor, please go to the void deck shops to do groceries and then cook yourselves!
Thumbs_up Thumbs_up Thumbs_up
[+] 1 user Likes babygirl's post

Hawkers centres are supposed to be for low income people to have their meals. If you want more expensive stuff pls go food court or restaurants

My wife was sick and not feeling well so I ate at the coffee shop with my son. Guess how much we spent for lunch today?

I ate Economic Rice followed by Mee Soto. While my son ate Char Siew Fan and Mee Soto.

(20-07-2024, 09:36 AM)Lukongsimi Wrote:  Whether worth to eat food that costs more than u cook

Based on my experience, diners who appreciate good quality food, do not grumble about price, provided they can afford it. There are long queues at certain hawker stalls in spite of the steep prices because the food is tasty, ingredients are fresh and the portions adequate. I boycott hawkers who overcharge and at the same time, dish out children's meal portions to adults. I gave such stallholders a piece of my mind when they tried to hoodwink me.

(20-07-2024, 03:02 PM)Ola Wrote:  PLEASE WAKE- UP! Hawker Centers are for average income people If poor, please go to the void deck shops to do groceries and then cook yourselves!

The poor receive their food FOC from charities like Meals-On-Wheels.

(20-07-2024, 06:09 PM)Wy:Nox Wrote:  My wife was sick and not feeling well so I ate at the coffee shop with my son. Guess how much we spent for lunch yesterday?

I ate Economic Rice followed by Mee Soto. While my son ate Char Siew Fan and Mee Soto.

Two red colour 10 notes settled?

rubbish nation food

gov fail to solved this inflation badly. and more population grow will made everyone suffer as food price will shoot up due to supply demand issue. that why when more foreigner here, we are far worse off.

Hawker and coffeshop establishment main intention is to provide affordable price food for resident to live and work.Once the authority allow private organization to tender hilarious price for the space to expand their outlet,the main vision has disappear and no longer able to meet the basic need of the resident .
When prices go up who will be the main beneficial?
Does the citizens gain from the profit?
[+] 1 user Likes Ernesto's post

The poor are the ones on shift work and will need accessability to near by hawker ctrs daily at low price. How would they rate the Minister in charge for this area?

Win the World but lost your Soul. 

Ok what...expensive meh