Bad experience with Shopee Return

Has anyone had very bad experience with Shopee return and its horrible dispute team? I have had some awful experience recently and wish others share theirs here as well. In comparison, Lazada return was much better. Shopee was extremely painful, whilst Lazada was like a breeze.
[+] 1 user Likes limkopi's post

Yes, they dunt allow customers return damaged goods. Boycott Shopee buy from Lazada
[+] 2 users Like lvlrsSTI's post

But the worse thing for me was the product didnt work, so I sent back immediately. Yet Shopee listened and sided with seller and released the fund from Shopeepay, and they have the cheeks to say Shopee protects your purchase. Seems like they protect the seller.
[+] 3 users Like limkopi's post

When I bought Omron blood pressure monitor from Lazada, didn’t like the colour, so called Lazada for exchange,, it sent another set to me within a week but asked me to keep the existing set (value around $139), so I passed the set to my relative….so next time buy from Lazada for better service.
[+] 1 user Likes lvlrsSTI's post

Yes Lazada much better. I have checked with many friends. Same experience. Shopee makes you vomit blood. They protect the sellers because of commission I think.

(24-03-2022, 02:00 PM)lvlrsSTI Wrote:  When I bought Omron blood pressure monitor from Lazada, didn’t like the colour, so called Lazada for exchange,, it sent another set to me within a week but asked me to keep the existing set (value around $139), so I passed the set to my relative….so next time buy from Lazada for better service.

Really meh ?? Don't talk cb ok ..BTW tonight u free?

Shopee still OK for me.

Bought a few electronics all in good condition.

Have ordered from China, Malaysia, S. Korea and Indonesia.

Why do we need 5 Mayors and 80 PAP Ministers? 

(24-03-2022, 02:17 PM)EXBB Wrote:  Really meh ?? Don't talk cb ok ..BTW tonight u free?

[Image: 33-E6-EAB7-F936-462-F-93-FA-4-B41-F920-EB82.gif]

(24-03-2022, 02:00 PM)lvlrsSTI Wrote:  When I bought Omron blood pressure monitor from Lazada, didn’t like the colour, so called Lazada for exchange,, it sent another set to me within a week but asked me to keep the existing set (value around $139), so I passed the set to my relative….so next time buy from Lazada for better service.

It's opened by you, and they have no way of knowing if you had used it.  You may say "No, I only opened it and had a look."

But with covid, they had to be more than extra safe, and assume that the equipment would have germs....if not covid, then any other germ(s).

They cannot resell an item which had been opened before, which to any other buyer would be considered "second hand".

They also cannot resell any item which might have germs.

Of course you feel good about it, getting a free BP monitor.  But if I were you, I would pay for the replacement.  It's not as if the first one was faulty, but only the colour that you didn't like.

(24-03-2022, 02:35 PM)Oyk Wrote:  It's opened by you, and they have no way of knowing if you had used it.  You may say "No, I only opened it and had a look."

But with covid, they had to be more than extra safe, and assume that the equipment would have germs....if not covid, then any other germ(s).

They cannot resell an item which had been opened before, which to any other buyer would be considered "second hand".

They also cannot resell any item which might have germs.

Of course you feel good about it, getting a free BP monitor.  But if I were you, I would pay for the replacement.  It's not as if the first one was faulty, but only the colour that you didn't like.

Sending people to pick up is additional cost to them, they rather let people keep the item. But that is an exceptional case…the point is the customer service is good. You complain they listen and they will take action. For Shopee, it is very hard to get exchange or refund…due to its own policies.

(24-03-2022, 02:39 PM)lvlrsSTI Wrote:  Sending people to pick up is additional cost to them, they rather let people keep the item. But that is an exceptional case…the point is the customer service is good. You complain they listen and they will take action. For Shopee, it is very hard to get exchange or refund…due to its own policies.

This reminds me of the good customer service at Robinson’s in the past. People are allowed to exchange items after purchase.
[+] 1 user Likes lvlrsSTI's post

(24-03-2022, 02:14 PM)limkopi Wrote:  Yes Lazada much better. I have checked with many friends. Same experience. Shopee makes you vomit blood. They protect the sellers because of commission I think.

The Shopee platform seems more user friendly.  Their IT guy is good, and that's all that's good about Shopee.

The staff managing Shopee....IT aside....how they deal with customers' complaints says a lot about them.

Shopee has grown big.  Very, very big, and they seem to have the attitude of big players.  Lu ai jiu kio, mai jiu bo.  Not happy, fug off!  We have millions of customers and your ten dollar purchase is peanuts!

It goes with the bureaucracy.

When a company is small and the organisation is near flat, you oftentimes have the boss attending to you, giving you the outcome you want.  But as a company grows in size, the big boss is farther and farther away, and you only deal at best with a salaried manager (who might not be around two months later after she's job-hoped to some other company).  At less than best, you deal with someone way below that.  The person dealing with you might only be a 22 years old dinobu...and her attitude is "Not my company, neither the vendor nor Shopee.  And I don't like the tone of your language in your letter"

Shopee used to give free commission (or very low commission) to sellers. Now seems like it has raised the commission rates to quite high, and u can see Shopee product prices shot up a lot.

ie, Shopee freebies, promotion are gone. Now back to reality. Pay and pay !

Shopee is Singapore management. Singaporeans mentality. Seems to always think buyers is out there to cheat. Although boss forest li is chinarian turned Singaporean.

Whereas Lazada is now owned by Alibaba. China businesses value customers very much. They protect the buyers.

I have good experience with shopee. They refunded. Cheap items. About $5.

(24-03-2022, 04:27 PM)Bigbluedot Wrote:  I have good experience with shopee. They refunded. Cheap items. About $5.

I dun have any problem with Shopee too. I think the problem lies with that shop selling inferior products through Shopee and refusing refund. Best to the black list and report those shops that use Shopee to do business...... Rolleyes

Thinking is difficult, that's why most people judge
                    Carl Jung
[+] 2 users Like Huliwang's post

I have bought items from both Lazada and Shopee b4. No issues with either.

Wherever you go, no matter what the weather, always bring your own sunshine Big Grin

Anybody got refund for product not matching description after the 7 days refund window?

I'm returning a item to China soon. Apply for refund with reason and pics.. They will give you a tracking number if dropping off at pop station. Supposed to key in the tracking no. Print the shipping label. Paste it on the box then drop into the bin

That time I found I can’t delete the 2nd credit card in Shopee account. I think there is a software bug. I wrote an email to Shopee. I got the problem solved after few emails exchange. I will give 5 stars for Shopee SG Email Support Team.  Rotfl

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind"

(24-03-2022, 07:06 PM)p1acebo Wrote:  I have bought items from both Lazada and Shopee b4.  No issues with either.
I also don’t have much issue with Shopee, Lazada, TaoBao and Aliexpress so far.  Rotfl

Always remember if seller did not send the item base on expected Sending out date, just cancel the order. Dont invite trouble.
Shopee takes 3 days to do refund.
Aliexpress and Lazada take 4 days.
TaoBao, I haven’t cancelled the order before. So still not sure… TaoBao customer service is superb.

Sometimes, I will receive free gift and apology letter from seller if my item ordered was run out of stock.
Most of the time, I did not read or reply message sent to me by seller. Those item will take longer time to receive or never receive as the Seller is waiting for my reply.

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind"

For Lazada, you can anyhow return the stuff you don’t like to swap for other things or get a refund.

Lazada return policy is pro buyers. Similarly in the USA, one can return stuffs very easily. No question asked most of the time. They believe in customer satisfaction is number one.

Whereas in Shopee, buyers are presumed guilty. Hard luck trying to return something either defective or simply not satisfactory. Recently I experienced a very bad “pro seller” return. It really pissed off a long time loyal customer like myself.

Similarly in Singapore physical shops, you may have to bang tables if you want to return something, for whatever reasons. Experience is usually very unpleasant.

(26-03-2022, 11:14 AM)limkopi Wrote:  Lazada return policy is pro buyers. Similarly in the USA, one can return stuffs very easily. No question asked most of the time. They believe in customer satisfaction is number one.

Whereas in Shopee, buyers are presumed guilty. Hard luck trying to return something either defective or simply not satisfactory. Recently I experienced a very bad “pro seller” return. It really pissed off a long time loyal customer like myself. 

Similarly in Singapore physical shops, you may have to bang tables if you want to return something, for whatever reasons. Experience is usually very unpleasant.

I've no great issue with Shopee, don't think it is pro-seller at all