Skillfuture level up is useless let me give the scenario

But as for local employers specially SG employer want cheaper ,better and faster matter. No matter how experience you are if you don't have the cert. And when the HR is infiltrated with FT

Scene 1
You: I got train and get certify by using skillfuture credit.
Employer: sorry you don't have the experience we are looking for .

Scene 2
You: I got lot of experience in this industry
Employer: sorry you don't have certification that we are looking for .

Scene 3
 You: I got years of experience and recently I have used my skillfuture credit to get certify.
Employer: I will get back to you as there are other candidates.( Wah phiang this fella are in his or her 40s. Not so energetic and enthusiastic)(better get someone from mine country)( just wayang a little bit posting on gov job portals and reject all Singaporean)

[Image: Screenshot-2024-02-19-07-45-51-548-org-t...senger.jpg]

[Image: IMG-20240219-093046.jpg]
picture uploading website

Just like the dragon drones performance

So Skillfuture credits can use for class 4 driving le ma?

Confused
[+] 1 user Likes ODA TETSURO's post

[Image: Screenshot-2024-02-19-10-23-53-100-com-c...wsasia.jpg]

(19-02-2024, 09:18 AM)Bigiron Wrote:  But as for local employers specially SG employer want cheaper ,better and faster matter. No matter how experience you are if you don't have the cert. And when the HR is infiltrated with FT

Scene 1

Scene 2

Scene 3
 You: I got years of experience and recently I have used my skillfuture credit to get certify.
Employer: I will get back to you as there are other candidates.( Wah phiang this fella are in his or her 40s. Not so energetic and enthusiastic)(better get someone from mine country)( just wayang a little bit posting on gov job portals and reject all Singaporean)

your above are in private setor.

below is for govt sector.

Scene 4
You: I applied many times for govt jobs. Why no interview ?
Employer : Sorry, we have better candidates ( Only candidates with less than 3 years experience or below 40 years old are considered )

If govt agencies do not take the lead or avoid employing PMETs above 40, 
Skillfuture Level Up is not for govt sector ?

Can the govt come up Skillfuture Level Up for private sector and not for govt sector ?
[+] 1 user Likes forum456's post

(19-02-2024, 09:18 AM)Bigiron Wrote:  But as for local employers specially SG employer want cheaper ,better and faster matter. No matter how experience you are if you don't have the cert. And when the HR is infiltrated with FT

Scene 1

Scene 2

Scene 3

Those are possible scenarios but does that mean we just give up and do nothing?

Observer = KILLjoy = starbugstk = Dan = lvlrsSTI = OWNER.
Trying so hard to find my Archilles Point wor. Hehe Love

(19-02-2024, 10:35 AM)forum456 Wrote:  your above are in private setor.

below is for govt sector.

Scene 4
You: I applied many times for govt jobs. Why no interview ?
Employer : Sorry, we have better candidates ( Only candidates with less than 3 years experience or below 40 years old are considered )

If govt agencies do not take the lead or avoid employing PMETs above 40, 
Skillfuture Level Up is not for govt sector ?

Can the govt come up Skillfuture Level Up for private sector and not for govt sector ?

to prove that Skillfuture Level Up is useful or rewarding, the govt needs to advertise govt jobs that only citizens above 40 years old can apply.

then the private sector will follow the govt to advertise jobs that only citizens above 40 years old can apply.

(19-02-2024, 10:45 AM)Oyk Wrote:  Those are possible scenarios but does that mean we just give up and do nothing?

what is your solution or govt solution to overcome these scenarios ?

you cannot come up a vaccine (Skillfuture level up) for people to take and you do not take the vaccine yourself ?

it is already self defeating once people see that you do not believe in your own vaccine.

Is like 

[Image: FB-IMG-1708315508405.jpg]

Even with cert and skills, Employers will not consider the candidate because of Age. They will make false claims that they are not able to find suitable candidates.
[+] 1 user Likes Wy:Nox's post

(19-02-2024, 12:19 PM)Wy:Nox Wrote:  Even with cert and skills, Employers will not consider the candidate because of Age. They will make false claims that they are not able to find suitable candidates.
Bingo....

Learn baking at least can use skill anytime

No weapons that forms against me shall prosper
No tongue that rises against me I shall condemn 
☝️
[+] 1 user Likes Lukongsimi's post

(19-02-2024, 12:23 PM)Lukongsimi Wrote:  Learn baking at least can use skill anytime

But must have friends like what Amy khor have hor...egg is not cheap

(19-02-2024, 12:24 PM)Bigiron Wrote:  But must have friends like what Amy khor have hor...egg is not cheap

For own consumption ok lah 
Or sell home baked cakes 
Many did that during corvid locked  down

☝️

(19-02-2024, 12:26 PM)Lukongsimi Wrote:  For own consumption ok lah 
Or sell home baked cakes 
Many did that during corvid locked  down

But need to have friends like what Amy khor have lor

(19-02-2024, 12:19 PM)Wy:Nox Wrote:  Even with cert and skills, Employers will not consider the candidate because of Age. They will make false claims that they are not able to find suitable candidates.

what can the govt do to entice the employers to employ citizens above 40 ?

(19-02-2024, 12:22 PM)Bigiron Wrote:  Bingo....

what can the govt do to entice the employers to employ citizens above 40 ?

(19-02-2024, 12:29 PM)forum456 Wrote:  what can the govt do to entice the employers to employ citizens above 40 ?

1. Hire and train 
2. Employer need to send singaporean staff for the right course and claim to skillfuture credit even it is diploma course 
3. Company tax rebate up to 30% if company recruits Singaporean and send them for skillfuture course 
4. OJT pay for Singaporean ( share with company)

(19-02-2024, 12:28 PM)Bigiron Wrote:  But need to have friends like what Amy khor have lor

Ya loh have to go chicken farm n make frens 😄

☝️
[+] 1 user Likes Lukongsimi's post

wayang ,.............

You have 4 user(s) on ignore
Somme road, alerts,  Choc,  winbig

Foo Mee Har is my sister in law - FACT
https://linktr.ee/freckydoodles
http://www.yuffy.com/trial/clippings.html
[+] 2 users Like wendychan's post

(19-02-2024, 12:37 PM)Bigiron Wrote:  1. Hire and train 
2. Employer need to send singaporean staff for the right course and claim to skillfuture credit even it is diploma course 
3. Company tax rebate up to 30% if company recruits Singaporean and send them for skillfuture course 
4. OJT pay for Singaporean ( share with company)

your solution may not work.
1,2 are not benefits for the employers because they gain nothing.
3 is okay for profitable companies.  if companies are low in profit, company tax is little or none.
4 is too low incentive because the money saved is little.

Short courses are MEAN for Current employee. Like current you in this company, wish to transfer to another department so you go learn from short courses.

Is NOT MEAN you can use that cert for job interview.

This is why they come out grants for those wish to study Full time or Part time Dip , or take another dip from Poly or learn a totally new skill from ITE , either as Full time or part time student. For those going to this route obviously you can change your job, take your new dip for an interview.

But End of the day, those current mid 40 ones if go this route, You have to Downgrade yourself accept a wages roughly 2k or even 1.8k as a fresh grad wages. If that company is good will offer 3k since you have working experiences but don't expect to take like what 5k , 6k even 8k wages.

You get hire already consider Lucky , as the company must well hire a Fresh YOUNG Grad from Poly.

(19-02-2024, 01:34 PM)forum456 Wrote:  your solution may not work.
1,2 are not benefits for the employers because they gain nothing.
3 is okay for profitable companies.  if companies are low in profit, company tax is little or none.
4 is too low incentive because the money saved is little.

Then hire FT in ...😡 Where local are being displace.
If company don't hire and train local then Singapore productivity will not up at all.  But money save little better than no save at all leh

(19-02-2024, 01:42 PM)Bigiron Wrote:  Then hire FT in ...😡 Where local are being displace.
If company don't hire and train local then Singapore productivity will not up at all.  But money save little better than no save at all leh

very simple.
if there is no sale, it is time for big singapore discount sale.

the govt can provide employers to buy one and get one free.
if employers employ one citizen above 40 years old, the employer will get one free !
employ one and get one free !

very soon, above 40 will run out of stock !

Don't forget miw very good to company still got PIC grants hor

They give for show
70% did not even use the 1000
[+] 1 user Likes Talent's post

skills future is ONLY GD FOR BLUE COLLAR JOBS 
LIKEa class 4 security guards kitchen ass 
NEVER GD FOR PMT AS EMPLOYER PREF CECA NO NEED DO NS N THE HR IS OWN PEOPLE
[+] 1 user Likes talky's post

the ones who truly benefit are the the companies running the courses
[Image: ambV6OC.jpeg]

You have 4 user(s) on ignore