Some Tengah BTO flat buyers are unhappy over the "very ugly" trunking

Look at this pic☝️ 

Some Tengah BTO flat buyers are unhappy over the "very ugly" trunking used to conceal the pipes of the centralised cooling system in their homes.

https://cna.asia/3NiCIDl

Alamak, the trunking not shown in the show flats?
[+] 1 user Likes WhatDoYouThink!'s post

HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAH

HEY it stated centralized cooling system

everything can be seen right at the center
[+] 1 user Likes grotesqueness's post

Very ugly

A lot of unexpected things when buying new launches. What you get is not what you see.

why use centralised aircon instead of installing own sys 3 ?

(21-06-2023, 10:31 AM)K88 shu shu Wrote:  why use centralised aircon instead of installing own sys 3 ?

Centralised aircon cheaper ma. Cheaper on maintenance too.

8Umbrella Umbrella

(21-06-2023, 10:33 AM)klat Wrote:  Centralised aircon cheaper ma. Cheaper on maintenance too.

penny wise pound foolish.

Aiyah, this is before renovation lah. After renovation, the trunking will be hidden lah.

All HDB units also are like that lah

8Umbrella Umbrella

"Instead of using refrigerants to remove heat, the cooling system works using chilled water. Centralised chillers installed on selected housing blocks cool water, which is then ported through pipes that run through common corridors and into homes. "

Bullshit reporting;
The chiller still require refrigerants to cool the water and pipe to your unit.
[+] 1 user Likes Dan's post

(21-06-2023, 11:42 AM)Dan Wrote:  "Instead of using refrigerants to remove heat, the cooling system works using chilled water. Centralised chillers installed on selected housing blocks cool water, which is then ported through pipes that run through common corridors and into homes. "

Bullshit reporting;
The chiller still require refrigerants to cool the water and pipe to your unit.

That is how the PAP lied to the gullible Singaporean all along

PAP magic tricks
[+] 1 user Likes grotesqueness's post

(21-06-2023, 11:45 AM)grotesqueness Wrote:  That is how the PAP lied to the gullible Singaporean all along

PAP magic tricks

in the name of environment friendly.

(21-06-2023, 11:48 AM)K88 shu shu Wrote:  in the name of environment friendly.

Environment friendly for their Ponzi scheme

Heng my living room no aircon.

疫苗可以不打, 手枪一定要打!
疫苗可以不注射, 精子一定要远射!

Aircon is provided by HDB? Nowadays so welfare buy bto got Aircon?

(21-06-2023, 01:55 PM)red3 Wrote:  Aircon is provided by HDB? Nowadays so welfare buy bto got Aircon?

Remember LKY said before " what free "

Is opt in one when you got the BTO flat there. I remember read the news on this.

Is centralised air con system. Those units want " will opt in and pay for a sum "
How they count how much you use i don't know.

(21-06-2023, 02:10 PM)[[ForeverAlone]] Wrote:  Remember LKY said before " what free "

Is opt in one when you got the BTO flat there. I remember read the news on this.

Is centralised air con system. Those units want " will opt in and pay for a sum "
How they count how much you use i don't know.

these are town council monthly bills 
they pay 5 times more

(21-06-2023, 02:12 PM)grotesqueness Wrote:  these are town council monthly bills 
they pay 5 times more

I not sure end of the day how they count how much you using it.

Is up to individual choices, is not a force opt in for these Tengah BTO flat owners.

(21-06-2023, 09:44 AM)Bigiron Wrote:  Look at this pic☝️ 

Some Tengah BTO flat buyers are unhappy over the "very ugly" trunking used to conceal the pipes of the centralised cooling system in their homes.

https://cna.asia/3NiCIDl

It's good enough. You are buying public housing not private condo. Don't expect the trunking to be concealed.

(21-06-2023, 02:13 PM)[[ForeverAlone]] Wrote:  I not sure end of the day how they count how much you using it.

Is up to individual choices, is not a force opt in for these Tengah BTO flat owners.

these are like those multi million dollars condo with 24hrs centralised cooling system
they pay monthly maintenance fee

those multi million dollars condo has no open glass windows
how they keep cool is that the aircon runs 24hrs

i have 2 units

(21-06-2023, 02:18 PM)grotesqueness Wrote:  these are like those multi million dollars condo with 24hrs centralised cooling system
they pay monthly maintenance fee

those multi million dollars condo has no open glass windows
how they keep cool is that the aircon runs 24hrs

i have 2 units

actually not good always close all windows for air con.

Is better open windows let fresh air come in

(21-06-2023, 02:29 PM)[[ForeverAlone]] Wrote:  actually not good always close all windows for air con.

Is better open windows let fresh air come in

fresh air can be done sitting at the balcony

it is their culture

[Image: 1.jpg]

Smile
Hello Ang mo country SO BIG
even Malaysia

you can be naked at balcony no body see

whereas in SG ? so close blocks by blocks and soon Police come knock your door

(21-06-2023, 02:45 PM)[[ForeverAlone]] Wrote:  Smile
Hello Ang mo country SO BIG
even Malaysia

you can be naked at balcony no body see

whereas in SG ? so close blocks by blocks and soon Police come knock your door

singkie do it will get police come knocking your door

AMDK do it NO BODY will call the police
instead everyone will start calling the AMDK phone number

(21-06-2023, 02:48 PM)grotesqueness Wrote:  singkie do it will get police come knocking your door

AMDK do it NO BODY will call the police
instead everyone will start calling the AMDK phone number

Nah, there is one case got this Ang mo naked outside his condo balcony got stomp later got police come

Trunking Home for lizards

No weapons that forms against me shall prosper
No tongue that rises against me I shall condemn 
☝️

I think " some Buyer " wanna hack the wall completely but sadly cannot due to the trunking.

After live a few years wait they want to replace the pipe inside the trunking home owner will cry as need pay a lot of monies. Reason being the contractor need spend effort to remove the hidden and then replace the pipe! It is same concept as our home ceiling light. I used to buy very fanciful designer lighting when I got my flat. Years later I have stripped out all the fancy covers it has become botak. Why? For easier replacement of light bulb obviously. Contractor quote me change light bulb (include take down and put up the cover etc need time and effort) $28 PER LIGHTING? So your living room plus bedroom you go count how much you need to pay!!!!

Now I prefer rather ugly then fanciful and beautiful fittings becuz years later the maintenance cost is going to cost you a leg or arm!

Commercial properties usually have false ceilings to hide the trunking. Looks like HDB properties are not suitable for centralised air-con.

I don't see the problem. People are given the option to opt out.

Main problem is they were not told.of .the trunking when they signed. Now that everyone knows should.not be an issue.

Even now they can cancel with 35% loss around $1.2K which is not much considering the house is costs much more.

One thing I don't understand is
Quote:
Quote:Instead of using refrigerants to remove heat, the cooling system works using chilled water. Centralised chillers installed on selected housing blocks cool water, which is then ported through pipes that run through common corridors and into homes.  

How is the cost to each home calculated when the compressors are central.

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.