Some hawker business are affected

Yesterday I paid a total $9 for dinner. One curry noodle and one fish ball noodle. The chicken meat in the curry noodle is overnight chicken meat. The fish and meat ball become half the size of last time.
[+] 2 users Like dynamite's post

My breakfast $3 and lunch at Lau Pa Sat around $6

My colleague bought fruit juice in that area for $13.60

[Image: IMG-5937.jpg]

Why do we need 5 Mayors and 80 PAP Ministers? 

If you are working still have monthly income ,it's still not so bad.

If entirely not working unemployed or retired seniors  it will be challenging. 

Just now, I bought from CCP one meat ball, one cabbage veg and tau kwa with leek = $4.70.
NO RICE.

Agreed with Dynamite Kor Kor Sad than how
Also need to eat build muscles

(17-02-2023, 09:04 PM)hansamu Wrote:  If you are working still have monthly income ,it's still not so bad.

Just now, I bought from CCP one meat ball, one cabbage veg and tau kwa with leek = $4.70.
NO RICE.

Not working best cook at home. That time I pull molar teeth MC 5 days. Buy ntuc vermicelli 1 pack 1.15 alot can 4-5 meals. Buy China cabbage about 2 also eat 4-5 meals. Eggs depend as no offer so never buy. Add in seasoning which can cook even more meals. Then I buy 1 pack of 30 frozen fishball eat 4-5 meals. So I think one month 1k below can hit and got spare. Or eat porridge with soy sauce another meal again.
[+] 1 user Likes sgh's post

(17-02-2023, 08:47 PM)Ola Wrote:  My breakfast $3 and lunch at Lau Pa Sat around $6

$13.60 fruit juice now at Lau Pa Sat???
Damn... better be from fruit tree to juicer to cup!  Sad

Chye png at Timbre - rice, potato with minced meat, chicken. $7.30
[+] 1 user Likes RichDad's post

(17-02-2023, 09:04 PM)hansamu Wrote:  If you are working still have monthly income ,it's still not so bad.

NO RICE.

agree... now cai png at my home area, I order 2 vege + rice about $2.90 - $ 3.20 range at some stalls. 1 meat 1 vege + rice range $3 - 3.50 , depends on meat.
Mostly eat 2 vege with rice.. even rice portion, the stalls cut portion  Big Grin shrinkflation

(17-02-2023, 09:53 PM)Merdeka Wrote:  agree... now cai png at my home area, I order 2 vege + rice about $2.90 - $ 3.20 range at some stalls. 1 meat 1 vege + rice range $3 - 3.50 , depends on meat.
Mostly eat 2 vege with rice.. even rice portion, the stalls cut portion  Big Grin shrinkflation

Vege outside wash not clean one best to order leafless vege say broccoli etc. Best cook at home lar

Now the  CCP stalls also any how charge...all greedy bastards.
[+] 1 user Likes hansamu's post

(17-02-2023, 09:58 PM)sgh Wrote:  Vege outside wash not clean one best to order leafless vege say broccoli etc. Best cook at home lar

Agree sometimes too tired to cook. but if cook,  rice, vege and meat together in rice cooker... easy and fuss free. Can mix and match ingredients.

my colleagues go restaurants for lunch...lucky we only meet once a week.
when they are not around, i take lunch at food court and feel so much satisfied  Blush
[+] 1 user Likes TalkingRabbit's post

(17-02-2023, 08:47 PM)Ola Wrote:  My breakfast $3 and lunch at Lau Pa Sat around $6

Ridiculous fruit juice price
[+] 1 user Likes dynamite's post

(17-02-2023, 11:35 PM)FartSunKing Wrote:  When I retired at age 55

I have a $20 budget for meals a day

Price increases doesn't affect my well being

Because I eat at hawker centres

Today my lunch nasi padang with beef and chicken and potatoes

Only $6.50, tar pau eat in my spacious kitchen

Thank you PAP for delicious hawker food

And FREE LIFETIME PUBLIC HOUSING

[Image: HIe6ole.jpg]

U live in Persia?

its 1% next year ...get ready for it man

(17-02-2023, 08:01 PM)dynamite Wrote:  Yesterday I paid a total $9 for dinner. One curry noodle and one fish ball noodle. The chicken meat in the curry noodle is overnight chicken meat. The fish and meat ball become half the size of last time.

I had $3.50 fishball noodles OK lah! Big Grin
[+] 1 user Likes cheekopekman's post

(18-02-2023, 09:30 AM)cheekopekman Wrote:  I had $3.50 fishball noodles OK lah! Big Grin

I find fishball noodles easiest to self cook. Only is how to get fresh fishball that is key. Lor mee, laksa all big job if own cook.

(18-02-2023, 11:44 AM)sgh Wrote:  I find fishball noodles easiest to self cook. Only is how to get fresh fishball that is key. Lor mee, laksa all big job if own cook.

You can buy BoBo fishballs in supermarkets and cook your own Maggie Mee lah! Big Grin  Maybe cheaper that way lah!

(18-02-2023, 11:48 AM)cheekopekman Wrote:  You can buy BoBo fishballs in supermarkets and cook your own Maggie Mee lah! Big Grin  Maybe cheaper that way lah!

That is the 30 fishball I mention in earlier post BoBo brand ok taste. I cut a small opening to squeeze 5 out for each meal then put back fridge. So 30 balls last me 6 meals very worth.

(18-02-2023, 11:48 AM)cheekopekman Wrote:  You can buy BoBo fishballs in supermarkets and cook your own Maggie Mee lah! Big Grin  Maybe cheaper that way lah!
For me 1 pack 15 fishballs plus other ingredients with Myojo noodle for 1 meal. 

Sedap
[+] 1 user Likes hansamu's post

(18-02-2023, 11:52 AM)hansamu Wrote:  For me 1 pack 15 fishballs plus other ingredients with Myojo noodle for 1 meal. 

Sedap

One meal 15 fishball one person eat? Wow are you very big size in reality need to eat a lot?

(18-02-2023, 11:52 AM)hansamu Wrote:  For me 1 pack 15 fishballs plus other ingredients with Myojo noodle for 1 meal. 

Sedap

You must be a big eater lah! Big Grin

(18-02-2023, 11:50 AM)sgh Wrote:  That is the 30 fishball I mention in earlier post BoBo brand ok taste. I cut a small opening to squeeze 5 out for each meal then put back fridge. So 30 balls last me 6 meals very worth.

3 fishballs good enough for me liao lah! Big Grin

Not big size...opened up the pack must finish all while it's still fresh.

Even keeping just overnight, it doesn't taste good.
I have experienced it many times. 

After steaming the fishballs shrink until quite small.
Can finish at one go.

(18-02-2023, 12:09 PM)hansamu Wrote:  Not big size...opened up the pack must finish all while it's still fresh.

Even keeping just overnight, it doesn't taste good.
I have experienced it many times. 

After steaming the fishballs shrink until quite small.
Can finish at one go.

Agree that is why I make a small cut just enough space for the ball to come out then rubber band close the gap put in fridge. Of cuz compared to air tight the taste is different but no choice want to last more meals is like that

(18-02-2023, 12:25 PM)sgh Wrote:  Agree that is why I make a small cut just enough space for the ball to come out then rubber band close the gap put in fridge. Of cuz compared to air tight the taste is different but no choice want to last more meals is like that

Enjoy and keep yourself strong and healthy by eating fresh.

I believe you can well afford

Ja Lau can afford $100 lunch everyday

Free HDB housing but he did not buy 100 units

Such a poor old man trying to lie again

Why do we need 5 Mayors and 80 PAP Ministers? 

(18-02-2023, 03:55 PM)Ola Wrote:  Ja Lau can afford $100 lunch everyday

Free HDB housing but he did not buy 100 units

Such a poor old man trying to lie again
Jac Lau will post that he has over a million dollars in his CPF accounts.................... Big Grin

(18-02-2023, 09:24 AM)dynamite Wrote:  U live in Persia?

You mean Iran? Rotfl

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind"