News say a lot seller sold their HDB flat Never top up back their CPF

LOL, you believe these sellers " act blur " ???
[+] 2 users Like [[ForeverAlone]]'s post

(04-01-2022, 06:13 PM)[[ForeverAlone]] Wrote:  LOL, you believe these sellers " act blur " ???

Money goes back to CPF automatically. Fake news bah.

The CPF is topped up automatically from the sales proceeds rite?

Lose money case ma,,

Yah, lose money. No need to top up.

Lose money if need to top up means govt must make sure only upwards price movement. Lol

Have the cake and eat it is not just a sg govt want but that of everyone out there... Lol

(04-01-2022, 06:36 PM)winbig Wrote:  Money goes back to CPF automatically. Fake news bah.

from our mainstream media leh.

If they sold at a lost, they dont have to top up all.

Laughing

It is possible. Lose money no need to top up.

Only the gong kias think the price will always be up.

Wherever you go, no matter what the weather, always bring your own sunshine Big Grin

(04-01-2022, 06:13 PM)[[ForeverAlone]] Wrote:  LOL, you believe these sellers " act blur " ???

Loss making transactions.

Wherever you go, no matter what the weather, always bring your own sunshine Big Grin

(04-01-2022, 08:31 PM)p1acebo Wrote:  Loss making transactions.

A sell to B at lower price. B pay cash on top of valuation to level up the losses. Everyone happy but not govt.. lol

Loop hole.

(04-01-2022, 08:42 PM)Sticw Wrote:  A sell to B at lower price. B pay cash on top of valuation to level up the losses. Everyone happy but not govt.. lol

But, what is in for B to do it this way?? B has to pay cash, which is a hurdle unless B is cash rich..

1. I have served the nation in a combat unit for 2.5 + 10 years. I had fulfilled my duty as a citizen, but has the country do it's part for me?
2. I don't know where the threat of CCP is, but I know the threat of CECA is already at my doorsteps
3. I had been called a CCP, JHK, Pinoy, but they never called me a CECA..

(05-01-2022, 12:42 AM)ArielCasper Wrote:  But, what is in for B to do it this way?? B has to pay cash, which is a hurdle unless B is cash rich..

B wants in on the property. 

A wants out but doesn't want to lose that much especially if valuation is now lower than cost. So cash comes into play. A is happy at least he gets to pocket some and downgrade without this deal he is still tight.

It's a win win. Also property agent gets commission. Govt does earn stamp duties etc.

Indirectly cashing out from CPF, but it's unlikely the good old days where insurance agent milk the change of funds to cash out and profit from people and their CPF...

(05-01-2022, 02:02 AM)Sticw Wrote:  B wants in on the property. 

A wants out but doesn't want to lose that much especially if valuation is now lower than cost. So cash comes into play. A is happy at least he gets to pocket some and downgrade without this deal he is still tight.

It's a win win. Also property agent gets commission. Govt does earn stamp duties etc.

Indirectly cashing out from CPF, but it's unlikely the good old days where insurance agent milk the change of funds to cash out and profit from people and their CPF...
Unless the property is sold so cheap until it compensate B for having to fork out cash, if not it is not a good deal.

Just to make sure I understand the scenario. If A borrow 400k to buy HDB, but sold at 399k, then all 399k don't need to return to HDB??

If yes, then the loophole is possible.

1. I have served the nation in a combat unit for 2.5 + 10 years. I had fulfilled my duty as a citizen, but has the country do it's part for me?
2. I don't know where the threat of CCP is, but I know the threat of CECA is already at my doorsteps
3. I had been called a CCP, JHK, Pinoy, but they never called me a CECA..

(05-01-2022, 02:02 AM)Sticw Wrote:  B wants in on the property. 

I never read in depth, I just read Summary they claim what " A lot seller Never top back the money back in their CPF after sold their HDB flat "

I only feel if you are a seller, if you get property agent help you sell , or even you sell your own, best save agent fee/commission
You don't know must top back the money in your cpf after selling off your hdb flat?

By right when you sell HDB or any property where you use CPF to fund, you need to return the CPF plus accrued interest then whatever left is cash to you.

But if you sold at lower, then there's not enough to return to CPF, but no top up.

So say you bought 400k sold 350k. No top up. But you manage to get a buyer willing to pay you $x in cash and so both side happy. You must have a reason to sell at a loss and likely some cash will entice you. Of course best to be selling above your cost and still have cash above valuation lah.