Middle- Class cannot afford Expensive Hawker/ Coffee Shops

Food price increase: Even middle-class people can't afford to dine out anymore - Singapore News (theindependent.sg)

Why do we need 5 Mayors and 80 PAP Ministers? 

Food prices are increasing

https://www.msn.com/en-sg/news/singapore...r-BB1hOaIa

imaging you order 20 sticks satays and 10 fry chicken wings from hawker already cost how much?

not to mention if order at food court even cost more.

Even those packaging size,weight, quantity also shrink in pricing not even lower as compare to last year or previously... NTUC ,CS,Sheng Shiong Supermarkets to name a few....Why PAP no control on these...??
[+] 1 user Likes cumonlah's post

(07-02-2024, 03:05 PM)cumonlah Wrote:  Even those packaging size,weight, quantity also shrink in pricing not even lower as compare to last year or previously... NTUC ,CS,Sheng Shiong Supermarkets to name a few....Why PAP no control on these...??

To the Pappies, everything is affordable:

[Image: Minister-Pay.jpg]

(07-02-2024, 02:45 PM)[[ForeverAlone]] Wrote:  imaging you order 20 sticks satays and 10 fry chicken wings from hawker already cost how much?
not to mention if order at food court even cost more.

My CDC vouchers were completely used up in 2 short weeks eating out and buying groceries from FairPrice. Money is so small these days.
[+] 1 user Likes EvertonDiehard's post

Recently I ate one vegetarian beehoon plus a popiah and cost $5.5. kopitiam stall.

Smile

(07-02-2024, 03:29 PM)Niubee Wrote:  Recently I ate one vegetarian beehoon plus a popiah and cost $5.5. kopitiam stall.

The vegetarian bee hoon I bought from a stall in Ghim Moh Hawker Centre cost me $4.50 for a kid's portion.  When I pointed this out to the stallholder, she raised her voice that ingredients are expensive.  I still find the price of veggies and bee hoon fairly reasonable.

(07-02-2024, 03:29 PM)Niubee Wrote:  Recently I ate one vegetarian beehoon plus a popiah and cost $5.5. kopitiam stall.

My colleague lives in Sengkang

Her Hawker Center Vegetarian bee hoon ( 2 vege + 1 fake meat)

already cost $5.90 in 2022

She stopped eating there ever since

hope prices will increase even more................and very soon.................why ??

majority of Sinkies will only wake up when they feel the pain.............if they don't suffer more - still sleepwalk thru elections......

(07-02-2024, 03:28 PM)EvertonDiehard Wrote:  My CDC vouchers were completely used up in 2 short weeks eating out and buying groceries from FairPrice. Money is so small these days.

More money coming soon leh! Big Grin

A few years later, we will have Grace Foo announcing $1 Billion Rescue fund to save the Hawker Centers like SPH Media Trust.

(07-02-2024, 05:44 PM)Napoleon Porlumpar Wrote:  hope prices will increase even more................and very soon.................why ?? majority of Sinkies will only wake up when they feel the pain.............if they don't suffer more - still sleepwalk thru elections.

Kiasu Sinkies will always think: "Better the devil we know than the Opposition whom we aren't acquainted with". 

(07-02-2024, 05:47 PM)cheekopekman Wrote:  More money coming soon leh!
[Image: Chicken-Wings.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes EvertonDiehard's post

(07-02-2024, 02:31 PM)Ola Wrote:  Food price increase: Even middle-class people can't afford to dine out anymore - Singapore News (theindependent.sg)

The wealthy living in condos at Bukit Timah Hill don't need expensive hawker food when they can savour such views from their balconies. LOL!

[Image: Bk-Timah.jpg]

Well, the press have shared the soaring salary of fresh grads ranging from $4.k to $5.5k and they can easily afford restaurants. This leaves the Govt to tackle the middle- age and older workforce which is easy for them.

Win the World but lost your Soul.