Stepmother of missing girl charged with fraud for collecting food stamps in her name

By KATHY McCORMACK
yesterday

CONCORD, N.H. (AP) — The stepmother of a girl who disappeared in 2019 at age 5 has been charged with welfare fraud for collecting food stamps in her name, the New Hampshire attorney general’s office said Thursday.

Kayla Montgomery, 31, of Manchester, has been charged one with one count of welfare fraud on suspicion of obtaining $1,500 in food stamps from December 2019 to June 2021 for Harmony Montgomery, even though the girl was not living with Kayla and her husband, Adam Montgomery.

https://apnews.com/article/harmony-montg...53da435924

(07-01-2022, 09:47 AM)Levin Wrote:  By KATHY McCORMACK
yesterday

CONCORD, N.H. (AP) — The stepmother of a girl who disappeared in 2019 at age 5 has been charged with welfare fraud for collecting food stamps in her name, the New Hampshire attorney general’s office said Thursday.

Kayla Montgomery, 31, of Manchester, has been charged one with one count of welfare fraud on suspicion of obtaining $1,500 in food stamps from December 2019 to June 2021 for Harmony Montgomery, even though the girl was not living with Kayla and her husband, Adam Montgomery.

https://apnews.com/article/harmony-montg...53da435924
Why want to cheat a 5-year-old of her food stamps......isn't it shameful....?

(07-01-2022, 10:05 AM)debono Wrote:  Why want to cheat a 5-year-old of her food stamps......isn't it shameful....?

She's not cheating the 5-year-old. She's cheating the government.

She just charged for food stamps or her disappearance?

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

(07-01-2022, 10:24 AM)sgbuffett Wrote:  She just charged for food stamps or her disappearance?

She's just charged with welfare fraud according to the article. Her husband was charged with not keeping the girl in his custody.

(07-01-2022, 10:15 AM)Levin Wrote:  She's not cheating the 5-year-old. She's cheating the government.

You are right, but she also cheats the young girl's of her food stamps.....

(07-01-2022, 11:18 AM)debono Wrote:  You are right, but she also cheats the young girl's of her food stamps.....

If she's still alive ...... Can't help thinking of the worst.

(07-01-2022, 11:21 AM)Levin Wrote:  If she's still alive ...... Can't help thinking of the worst.

You mean the 5-year-old girl may be dead.....?

(07-01-2022, 11:22 AM)debono Wrote:  You mean the 5-year-old girl may be dead.....?

Could be, the article never stated anything regarding that since she's still missing.