S’pore won SEA Games Table with PRC import + 16 years old SGren 郭勇

(17-05-2023, 01:23 PM)p1acebo Wrote:  That's why I say you simply do not understand what I have written and are now just putting words in my mouth.  Go read again what I wrote.
I was being kind hearted, since you did not comprehend what I meant, I just wanted to help you understand in your native tongue.  That's all Big Grin

Correction - no one has put words in your mouth nor asking you to "translate" to  "native tongue".

I am just simply quoting you in English language - why get so hard up with your "kind" heartedness ? Rolleyes

You've got friendly neighbours? Grow Up! 李光耀 2013

(17-05-2023, 01:23 PM)Manthink Wrote:  For same national reason, we already splashed $$$ to grow our Football Dream Team for decades.
Now FAS wants to speed up importing "foreign-born talent" - So what's your ranking for our SG football at the SEA Game ? another "B list" ?

Tongue
https://www.channelnewsasia.com/sport/se...ew-3493936

Don't change the subject.  I am saying all the outstanding players of all sports, the A listers are retained in their home country.  The dispensable ones or mediocre ones, e.g. the B listers are thus forced to seek greener pastures elsewhere.  And they are still welcomed by other countries because these countries own standards are subpar. You can see the recurring theme of my posts.  Anything else is just your own conjecture.

Ok, I got bigger fish to fry.  Cheers.

Wherever you go, no matter what the weather, always bring your own sunshine Big Grin

(17-05-2023, 01:07 PM)Bluebull Wrote:  It’s all about ego If you want to compare things in perspective
Zeng Jian  came to Singapore in 2014 and won the Sea Games singles gold for the first time this year In 2014, Izaac played Table Tennis for the first time as an eight year old And he won SEA Games singles gold for the first time So what’s there to be proud or not proud?

Both played with SG national team and had delivered by winning Gold in international games.

So I don't get what "perspective" you are driving at... Big Grin

No need to bash foreigners who come to work with/for us. It's merely a contract that the govt offers to them and if they don't perform they can always be asked to go. No need to label them as mercenary either cos in essence that's what everyone of us is. If dun pay you you'll work or not?

Since we employed them we should treat them fairly and as one of us as long as they try their best.

(17-05-2023, 01:31 PM)Manthink Wrote:  Both played with SG national team and had delivered by winning Gold in international games.

So I don't get what "perspective" you are driving at... Big Grin

You don’t get, or you don’t understand?
I heard one SEA Games gold award, can feed the whole village

Tampines & West Coast GRCs are there for the taking 

(17-05-2023, 01:30 PM)p1acebo Wrote:  Don't change the subject.  I am saying all the outstanding players of all sports, the A listers are retained in their home country.  The dispensable ones or mediocre ones, e.g. the h are thus forced to seek greener pastures elsewhere.  And they are still welcomed by other countries because these countries own standards are subpar. You can see the recurring theme of my posts.  Anything else is just your own conjecture.
Ok, I got bigger fish to fry.  Cheers.

We are promoting sports - not about ranking of A or B as u had been dwelling at.
So there is is no "change" in subject. Sorry, your latest reply just got more stink than than a frying fish ..when u ignore that same "greener pasture seeking" in sports don't just apply to table tennis...

Laughing

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/sport/se...ew-3493936

(17-05-2023, 01:38 PM)Bluebull Wrote:  You don’t get, or you don’t understand?
I heard one SEA Games gold award, can feed the whole village
No - I don't understand you. Do you know why ?
You previous claim winning is abt "ego". Now you telling us it can "feed the whole village"
So I don't get what "perspective" you are driving at...

[Image: biggrin.png]
(17-05-2023, 01:07 PM)Bluebull Wrote:  It’s all about ego If you want to compare things in perspective Zeng Jian  came to Singapore in 2014 and won the Sea Games singles gold for the first time this year In 2014, Izaac played Table Tennis for the first time as an eight year old And he won SEA Games singles gold for the first time
So what’s there to be proud or not proud?

Angry 

(17-05-2023, 01:41 PM)Manthink Wrote:  No - I don't understand you. Do you know why ?
You previous claim winning is abt "ego". Now you telling us it can "feed the whole village"
So I don't get what "perspective" you are driving at...

[Image: biggrin.png]

Well, I can’t help you if you got a village brain Rotfl

Tampines & West Coast GRCs are there for the taking 

(17-05-2023, 02:09 PM)Bluebull Wrote:  Well, I can’t help you if you got a village brain Rotfl

You funni leh - Who was asking for your "help" ?

Rolleyes