Strange procurement regulation from Civil Service?

Strange procurement policy.. MOHA already appointed the company as main con, but when the main con is to provide some services to MOFA, it has to provide 3 quotes, like how it is done if MOHA was the party who is directly procuring services..

Why is MOHA getting a main con to handle this? Could this be the reason why our quotes are always inflated (ie bench at bus stop cost thousands of dollars)? The main con can't be doing it for free, which mean there will have to be a markup from the main con.

[Image: Capture.jpg]

1. I have served the nation in a combat unit for 2.5 + 10 years. I had fulfilled my duty as a citizen, but has the country do it's part for me?
2. I don't know where the threat of CCP is, but I know the threat of CECA is already at my doorsteps
3. I had been called a CCP, JHK, Pinoy, but they never called me a CECA..

The main con cannot be providing 3 quotations. If it is, then someone in the ministry is trying to take shortcuts so that he doesn't have to go through the arduous process of getting 3 quotations himself. It is illegal.

(30-10-2021, 06:31 PM)Blasterlord2 Wrote:  The main con cannot be providing 3 quotations. If it is, then someone in the ministry is trying to take shortcuts so that he doesn't have to go through the arduous process of getting 3 quotations himself. It is illegal.

Article never say MOHA breached any policies, so I assumed somehow it is allowed, but then it defeat the spirit of calling for 3 quotes (best prices), because prices can be rigged in this manner..

1. I have served the nation in a combat unit for 2.5 + 10 years. I had fulfilled my duty as a citizen, but has the country do it's part for me?
2. I don't know where the threat of CCP is, but I know the threat of CECA is already at my doorsteps

Stupid couple.

(30-10-2021, 06:37 PM)ArielCasper Wrote:  Article never say MOHA breached any policies, so I assumed somehow it is allowed, but then it defeat the spirit of calling for 3 quotes (best prices), because prices can be rigged in this manner..

Prices can be rigged if there is no 3 quotations... Sad

(30-10-2021, 06:42 PM)debono Wrote:  Prices can be rigged if there is no 3 quotations... Sad

Prices can still be rigged even if there are 3 quotations  Big Grin

I will be very worry if everything is clean.
[+] 1 user Likes Notdumb's post

ah kong register 1 company, ah ma register 1 company, father 1, mother 1....... procurement is the easiest target to under table lah. SOP Rotfl

Better to offer reward to whistle blower that alert ridiculously priced tender to CPIB that win award and punished the civil servants that approved it.

(30-10-2021, 06:57 PM)dynamite Wrote:  Better to offer reward to whistle blower that alert ridiculously priced tender to CPIB that win award and punished the civil servants that approved it.

That is a good suggestion.... Angry

(30-10-2021, 06:53 PM)wulala Wrote:  ah kong register 1 company, ah ma register 1 company, father 1, mother 1....... procurement is the easiest target to under table lah. SOP Rotfl
Which is why procurement office need to have a feel what is the market rate, by being the party to submit, and do open tender.

What MOHA did here, basically how will they even be able to gauge is the submitted prices rigged or not.

[+] 1 user Likes ArielCasper's post

(30-10-2021, 08:33 PM)ArielCasper Wrote:  Which is why procurement office need to have a feel what is the market rate, by being the party to submit, and do open tender.

What MOHA did here, basically how will they even be able to gauge is the submitted prices rigged or not.

The procurement officer is never interested whether the submitted prices are rigged or not. He's only interested in getting the procurement done and he can pass the audit later on. Even if he knows that the 3 companies are all related to one another he also won't give a damn.
[+] 1 user Likes Blasterlord2's post

(30-10-2021, 08:38 PM)Blasterlord2 Wrote:  The procurement officer is never interested whether the submitted prices are rigged or not. He's only interested in getting the procurement done and he can pass the audit later on. Even if he knows that the 3 companies are all related to one another he also won't give a damn.

Basically not doing their job then.

(01-08-2021, 09:48 PM)debono Wrote:  I concur with your comments. Big Grin