Studying the Tan Liang Hong case seems to resemble recent attack on Leong Mun Wai

This case happened a many years ago . Most people won't remember.

WP had one candidate called Tan Liang Hong who was a promoter of Chinese culture and language. He was vociferously accused of being a "Chinese Chauvist" never mind he was a running mate of JBJ who was Indian. Tan Liang Hong went out to deny those allegations against him. In doing so he was then accused of calling pap leaders liars sued until he became bankrupt.

I believe they will keep calling Leong a racist. The minute he denies this outside parliament he can be target of lawsuits to take him down.

Link below on the case:
http://edition.cnn.com/ASIANOW/asiaweek/.../nat9.html

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

It was a most ridiculous case. By standing up for the Chinese, he's being accused of being a Chinese chauvinist. And of course, the counsel (non other than our Ah Shan) was being rewarded amply after the case.

(01-11-2021, 10:00 AM)Blasterlord2 Wrote:  It was a most ridiculous case. By standing up for the Chinese, he's being accused of being a Chinese chauvinist. And of course, the counsel (non other than our Ah Shan) was being rewarded amply after the case.
He is around to be the hatchet man.
Along with Darth Vader Singh.

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

(01-11-2021, 10:00 AM)Blasterlord2 Wrote:  It was a most ridiculous case. By standing up for the Chinese, he's being accused of being a Chinese chauvinist. And of course, the counsel (non other than our Ah Shan) was being rewarded amply after the case.

Are you sure it was ah shan? That happened in 1988 I remembered very well. Ah Shan was only 29 yrs old then. 

He was deputy prosecutor? I thought all along he was in private practice.

I remembered it was a really good fight in that GE with ex Solicitor General aka LKY blue eyed boy.... Francis Seow partnering Ah  Tan. 

Later Ah Tan and Ah Seow run road...