Such a tiny island country but can't implement 5G

Properly...

It's ridiculous that the big telcos in Sg can't implement 5G properly yet claim to be first country will full 5G coverage.

Coverage or cover? Fake 5G is one thing... Can't switch from 5G to 4G+ seamlessly is plain ridiculous... And we are paying extra for 5G that is lousier than 4G service. 

The workaround is apparent to manually switch to 4G when there's no 5G coverage. Then why are we paying more?? 

Kind of showing that Sg govt and therefore GLC the same pattern... 上梁不正下梁歪…
[+] 1 user Likes Sticw's post

No Huawei 5G that's why it cannot make it.

Beware of imposter and trolls!

It is hardwired one. The strain from G to 4G is already physically stabilised. Costs of laying 5gwires is more costly than ever.

check your teleco. basically lousy coverage

https://www.nperf.com/en/map/SG/-/8525.M...0644037232&lg=103.84243011474611&zoom=12

(25-03-2023, 03:46 PM)Sticw Wrote:  Properly...

It's ridiculous that the big telcos in Sg can't implement 5G properly yet claim to be first country will full 5G coverage.

Coverage or cover? Fake 5G is one thing... Can't switch from 5G to 4G+ seamlessly is plain ridiculous... And we are paying extra for 5G that is lousier than 4G service. 

The workaround is apparent to manually switch to 4G when there's no 5G coverage. Then why are we paying more?? 

What you mean? Clear not 100% coverage, so do you mean your call will drop, once you out of covered zone?

(25-03-2023, 05:13 PM)lylcnn Wrote:  What you mean? Clear not 100% coverage, so do you mean your call will drop, once you out of covered zone?

Simple WhatsApp calls and msg can't come in... The network switch between 5G and 4G has some issue. I went to a Starhub shop and the guy told me it's all the same for the telcos all having this issue. So the only workaround is manually switching from 5G to 4G; which is dumb.

I'm on Gomo and I asked them if it's different from Singtel and they kept assuring it's the same. Was thinking of switching to Starhub or Giga...

hp no 5G also still.

When I had only 4G services, I never had any drops in network connection. Very annoyed that 5G is worse off than 4G plan...

Connection speed when loading websites can drop to 0.06k/s or dead...

Yet when I do speed test always looks so good above 300m/s...

Singapore got claim that it's the first country with full 5G coverage meh?

Aiyah stinktel's submarine cables kenna damaged mah didn't ya know?

https://www.bannedsite.com/forum/announc...en-damaged

(25-03-2023, 04:40 PM)OutBreak Wrote:  No Huawei 5G that's why it cannot make it.

Just follow US instructions blindly without use of own brain.

[+] 2 users Like webinarian's post

U first day in Singapore?  U know yr right as a consumer?  U can complain to the service provider,  infocomm,  one service and many other authorities in Singapore.  If they cannot resolve yr problem,  ring up the Press,  they would like to hear from u and some more,  might offer u rewards.  Go google.

Finally, if nobody want to listen to u,  go to yr MPs if u r so hard up to use 5G.

They claimed to have 95% coverage in 2022. If u know they cannot make it, go the Press or go to SingTel or suppliers and throw this news on them.

https://www.singtel.com/about-us/media-c...e-coverage

(25-03-2023, 05:59 PM)teaserteam Wrote:  U first day in Singapore?  U know yr right as a consumer?  U can complain to the service provider,  infocomm,  one service and many other authorities in Singapore.  If they cannot resolve yr problem,  ring up the Press,  they would like to hear from u and some more,  might offer u rewards.  Go google.

Finally, if nobody want to listen to u,  go to yr MPs if u r so hard up to use 5G.

Hahaha you line of argument is so PAP. It's not about so hard up to use whatever I paid for. It's ok, thanks for your inputs anyway. Cheers.

(25-03-2023, 06:09 PM)Sticw Wrote:  Hahaha you line of argument is so PAP. It's not about so hard up to use whatever I paid for. It's ok, thanks for your inputs anyway. Cheers.

As a consumer, you have your rights,  Why back off?  Bring it up,  like to see how they will react.  PAP no PAP make no difference.  Y scare them? One Service is very effective. Previously. I complained about noise pollution, they attended to me quickly and resolved the problem.

https://www.straitstimes.com/tech/singte...r-5g-links

Reason : We refuse to have Huawei!  Rotfl
[+] 1 user Likes cityhantam's post

This is no the first time I heard about this complaint although they are mostly from wumaos for some reasons. Y phone must have signal level and indication of 5G service, you also has the google map to pin point the location. Take a screenshot as proof and show it them. Nothing to scare about. Sick of hearing

I have been in touch with Gomo agents for a couple of months. The reason why I have yet to switch out is that they have been very nice and helpful in whatever ways they could. And latest is that they are sending request for their team to investigate.

Worst case is to switch out so I was looking at Starhub or Giga as alternative.

Of course the simplest way is to just switch off 5G and use the 4G service. But so strange for a tiny island on a 5G implementation, claiming full coverage yet it's just sounds good but doesn't work.. just like they can tell you train service had more major breakdown (after covid lockdown) but service index improved. Lol

Cheers.

We are in deep sh*t if continue to follow US. No wonder our HSR is still a dream.
[+] 1 user Likes mikotan's post

(25-03-2023, 06:19 PM)Sticw Wrote:  I have been in touch with Gomo agents for a couple of months. The reason why I have yet to switch out is that they have been very nice and helpful in whatever ways they could. And latest is that they are sending request for their team to investigate.

Worst case is to switch out so I was looking at Starhub or Giga as alternative.

Of course the simplest way is to just switch off 5G and use the 4G service. But so strange for a tiny island on a 5G implementation, claiming full coverage yet it's just sounds good but doesn't work.. just like they can tell you train service had more major breakdown (after covid lockdown) but service index improved. Lol

Cheers.

Gomo is a sub-brand of SingTel but just look at the price of 5G,  nearly 1/2 price. 
Never use  GOMO before.  Double the data. There must b a catch somewhere.  There is no contract needed or signed;  think u buy with the eyes opened.  Look at the details when you buy.  Check if there is any loop hole and make a nasty complain to them.

[Image: Screenshot-2023-03-25-185505.jpg]

No lah, indeed pay for what you get. Looking at Singtel plans now. I don't mind whichever just that I was switching from Singtel to Starhub to m1 to tpg to zero1 and now gomo...

I just need to know which one is stable and then I get the suitable plan will do. Maybe it's just me... Lol

M1 telco

Why i need to pay $5.04 for 5Go Plus Booster every month? The salesman said without subscription of this feature; the 5G signal i received will be very weak n may turn 4G.

Anyone know?

(25-03-2023, 03:46 PM)Sticw Wrote:  Properly...

What phone and model you use?

KTV妹妹说,香港人无义,台湾人无情,新加坂人无智 Big Grin

(25-03-2023, 04:40 PM)OutBreak Wrote:  No Huawei 5G that's why it cannot make it.

Huawei fake 5G is 4G

I felt malu even a China contractor said they always want to be no.1 in AI but never what they doing.

(25-03-2023, 09:03 PM)Ernesto Wrote:  I felt malu even a China contractor said they always want to be no.1 in AI but never what they doing.

Sometimes it is not easy to be number 1, all the time........... crying

I keep getting this crap... And it's not even USA or China site...

[Image: Screenshot-20230325-210544.jpg]

And it took me more than 8 times and turning on and off airplane mode to post the earlier msg...

Sometimes, I still can see 3G on my hp even though I have a 5G subscription plan. Rotfl

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind"