Sumiko Tan interviews KBW on his new role as SPH Media Trust Chair....

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/m...t-chairman

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

Nonsense....lol more like another chance to earn easy Money as Chairman, CEO whatever.

Singapore aims to have a trusted world class media by having ex-PAP members lead the new media trust.?

How do we ensure that the media is not biased to blindly support govt policies?

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

(19-09-2021, 11:09 AM)sgbuffett Wrote:  Singapore aims to have a rusted world class media by having ex-PAP members lead the new media trust.?

How do we ensure that the media is not biased to blindly support govt policies?

SPH and Media corp will Always be Ruling party control

Mainstream media is a thing , which Gov will control behind. This is same for every countries.
This is why when come war, the enemy will target want to get hold the media building occupy.

Old lady sumiko tan still doing the same thing over and over again after all these decades??

(19-09-2021, 11:11 AM)[[ForeverAlone]] Wrote:  SPH and Media corp will Always be Ruling party control

Mainstream media is a thing , which Gov will control behind. This is same for every countries.
This is why when come war, the enemy will target want to get hold the media building occupy.

It is true that SPH and Media Corp will always be under Ruling Party control. No negative comments on the ruling party is allowed.

(19-09-2021, 11:11 AM)[[ForeverAlone]] Wrote:  SPH and Media corp will Always be Ruling party control

BBC is a govt media company not a Labor or Conservative party controlled company.

Does Malaysa ruling party has its own media company like SPH with ex-Umno members in control?

Does TW or Japan have such a control?

Domination of main stream media and shutdowning  alternative media like TOC is not the best way to bring diversity, innovation, new ideas and causes society to be monolithic in the long run.

Perhaps to send a gentle reminder to him...

There is no right or wrong decisions. 
One only has to bear the consequences that one makes  Big Grin

His salary should be at least 1 millions per year.

There is no need for him to make profit.

This is the easy CEO job with no target for profit

His salary is peanuts. Everyday can sit down and shake legs.

tomorrow will be a better day

Sucking leeches.

Long suffering and powerless minority shareholders, especially the retirees and seniors, have to "donate" to this new media with no recourses.

Busok. Chao..臭

(19-09-2021, 11:20 AM)sgbuffett Wrote:  BBC is a govt media company not a Labor or Conservative party controlled company.

Does Malaysa ruling party has its own media company like SPH with ex-Umno members in control?

Does TW or Japan have such a control?

Domination of main stream media and shutdowning  alternative media like TOC is not the best way to bring diversity, innovation, new ideas and causes society to be monolithic in the long run.

All along SG a bit communist in the sense will try all means to fix opposition.
WP still around partly " in line with PAP " I shall wait hope Dr Chee Or Lim T go in but seem people still hypocrites, daily complain but end of the day go vote this new pap who is unlike the old one lead by LKY at least he do contribute a lot beside trying to fix opposition.

I mean you wanna fix opposition ? at least show why you are capable first thus people at least no much things to comment you.
During LKY times also a lot opposite him, play " dirty " etc once elected but as mention he show what he is capable to make SG better unlike the current one cannot make it still wanna fix others.

I hope this 老廉颇can come out and take over OYK. He has more experience.

Seems like the type of person who will not so quickly take umbrage?

(19-09-2021, 12:30 PM)dynamite Wrote:  I hope this 老廉颇can come out and take over OYK. He has more experience.

Not just experience. He is a real "doer" with good strategies, not tok cok King!

He helped Sg to control and clear SARS in 2003!

(19-09-2021, 11:38 AM)forum456 Wrote:  His salary should be at least 1 millions per year.

There is no need for him to make profit.

This is the easy CEO job with no target for profit

IF I WERE HIM JUST TAKE $1/YR.
AT LEAST THIS CEO JOB CAN BOSS AROUND CHAUFFERED HERE N THERE TRAVEL 1ST CLASS MOST IMPORTANT NOTHING TO DO CAN GET SENSILE
ALREADY A  A FEW MILLIONS IN THE BANK
HOW MUCH MORE CAN HE EAT FOR HIS AGE, ANOTHER 20 YRS X100,000 =2 MILLION !!

(19-09-2021, 11:42 AM)surfer Wrote:  His salary is peanuts. Everyday can sit down and shake legs.

No need to do cardboard exercise?

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind"

(28-10-2021, 02:30 PM)RiseofAsia Wrote:  No need to do cardboard exercise?
No need cardboard exercise. Shake leg exercise. Whicj leg is yet to be determined. Laughing

tomorrow will be a better day

(28-10-2021, 02:28 PM)talky Wrote:  IF I WERE HIM JUST TAKE $1/YR.
AT LEAST THIS CEO JOB CAN BOSS AROUND CHAUFFERED HERE N THERE TRAVEL 1ST CLASS MOST IMPORTANT NOTHING TO DO CAN GET SENSILE
ALREADY A  A FEW MILLIONS IN THE BANK
HOW MUCH MORE CAN HE EAT FOR HIS AGE, ANOTHER 20 YRS X100,000 =2 MILLION !!

When he was a minister, his salary is in the millions per year.  Therefore in just a couple of years, he will be able to purchase a landed property.  Also, as a MP he is entitled to an allowance of $16K per month.....eat cannot finish.. Rotfl

is that a syonan name?

(19-09-2021, 11:07 AM)[[ForeverAlone]] Wrote:  Nonsense....lol more like another chance to earn easy Money as Chairman, CEO whatever.

I don't need he's in it for the money. But I've to agree with him that this is a very difficult assignment. It'll be interesting to see if he can manage it well.

Sumiko doesn’t speak Japanese

(28-10-2021, 03:37 PM)Blasterlord2 Wrote:  I don't need he's in it for the money. But I've to agree with him that this is a very difficult assignment. It'll be interesting to see if he can manage it well.

It is still early days to judge KBW, cos he just took over recently. After a couple of years then we will know how capable is he..... crying

Thought that previous guy general was so capable appointed to look after NOL then SPH, so why is there a need for an engineer to fix it?

(28-10-2021, 05:01 PM)NoActionTalkOnly Wrote:  Thought that previous guy general was so capable appointed to look after NOL then SPH, so why is there a need for an engineer to fix it?

NOL and SPH are two companies going under water....... crying

Socrates would probably say 'love by whatever means is better than hate'?

(28-10-2021, 07:29 PM)NoActionTalkOnly Wrote:  Socrates would probably say 'love by whatever means is better than hate'?

The status of a CEO is measured by the profit he can contribute to the company. If like NOL, the CEO are forced to resign and the company is brought by another company....It just shows how a CEO can sink a ship...... crying

He will mske a good health minister n he will most probably nip the virus in the bud before it spreads like wildfire after 2 yrs....he brlieves in a yin yang balance solution to any challenge

(28-10-2021, 08:50 PM)Yin yang Wrote:  He will mske a good health minister n he will most probably nip the virus in the bud before it spreads like wildfire after 2 yrs....he brlieves in a yin yang balance solution to any challenge

It is worth a try, anyway the current Minister of health is not doing a good job, and may require KBW's expertise to nip the problem in the bud.. Clapping

what is so special about Sumiko? she is not a Japanese lah.