Surcharge imposed for extra empty bowl: Stall owner told John Ong to go jiak sai

https://www.bannedsite.com/forum/chillin...o-jiak-sai
[+] 2 users Like Nyvrem's post

Just pay for the extra bowl lah. The customer really is a kiam siap, cheapskate

Next time sit too near the stall must pay extra $10.

There’s nothing wrong in asking for another empty plate. After all the hawker does not lose anything but may gain the gratitude of the customer. To aggravate the matter the stall holder chose to add insult. The customer has every right to cancel the order. The loser ….. the stall holder lost a customer. May be worse if word of mouth spread further by the customer.

tomorrow will be a better day
[+] 1 user Likes surfer's post

This kind of stall I'll never patronize again.
[+] 1 user Likes Blasterlord2's post

My 5 year- old comment made for useless disGrace again!

Why never set a guide for S, M and Large portion price?

Children can eat their small portion themselves

while big eaters like Dynamite is happy to have Large size portion.

Why do we need 5 Mayors and 80 PAP Ministers? 

(04-12-2022, 06:14 PM)Blasterlord2 Wrote:  This kind of stall I'll never patronize again.

The stall holder don’t have EQ. Will close down soon with his kind of attitude.

(04-12-2022, 06:09 PM)surfer Wrote:  There’s nothing wrong in asking for another empty plate. After all the hawker does not lose anything but may gain the gratitude of the customer. To aggravate the matter the stall holder chose to add insult. The customer has every right to cancel the order. The loser ….. the stall holder lost a customer. May be worse if word of mouth spread further by the customer.

(04-12-2022, 06:19 PM)surfer Wrote:  The stall holder don’t have EQ. Will close down soon with his kind of attitude.
I share your comments on this matter.............. Clapping Laughing

(04-12-2022, 05:41 PM)Stoki Wrote:  Just pay for the extra bowl lah. The customer really is a kiam siap, cheapskate

The customer thinks he is "Entitled" to have extra free 1 or 2 bowls at every food stall

Every empty bowl he used needs soap and water to wash, too

Paying 20 cents with extra cutleries for one child is reasonable

it is like da- bao food for one person

But if charge more than 20 cents, whine is ok.

For years this asking of empty plate or bowl to split for more than one kid has been around for a long time even before I was born. Why don't buy kid version is adult got more quantity and is cheaper than two kids version or stall only sell one standard version.

Moral of story don't have kids they cost you a lot of time and monies and energy. But if you very rich monies don't have just print then yes the more kids the merrier as monies will solve all such headache.

(04-12-2022, 06:25 PM)Ola Wrote:  The customer thinks he is "Entitled" to have extra free 1 or 2 bowls at every food stall

Every empty bowl he used needs soap and water to wash, too

Paying 20 cents with extra cutleries for one child is reasonable

it is like da- bao food for one person

But if charge more than 20 cents, whine is ok.

Yesterday I ordered 2 plates of hokien mee plus 10 satays. As the portions quite a lot the stall holder auto gave us an extra plate. Must pay meh?

Might as well next time give tips to the hawker for cooking your food. Rotfl

(04-12-2022, 07:02 PM)Notdumb Wrote:  Yesterday I ordered 2 plates of hokien mee plus 10 satays. As the portions quite a lot the stall holder auto gave us an extra plate. Must pay meh?

Might as well next time give tips to the hawker for cooking your food. Rotfl

You order alot, they happily give you extra plate

John did not order alot, but ask for extra bowl.

You cannot tell the difference?? 

Laughter-144

(04-12-2022, 07:05 PM)Ola Wrote:  You order alot, they happily give you extra plate

John did not order alot, but ask for extra bowl.

You cannot tell the difference?? 

Laughter-144

3 person share 2 plates of hokien mee a lot meh? Rotfl

It's my second trip there.

(04-12-2022, 07:08 PM)Notdumb Wrote:  3 person share 2 plates of hokien mee a lot meh? Rotfl

It's my second trip there.

That is why say, empty bowl or plate is NEVER an Entitlement

Maybe your face look like Gangster, so the stall got scared of you

(04-12-2022, 06:09 PM)surfer Wrote:  There’s nothing wrong in asking for another empty plate. After all the hawker does not lose anything but may gain the gratitude of the customer. To aggravate the matter the stall holder chose to add insult. The customer has every right to cancel the order. The loser ….. the stall holder lost a customer. May be worse if word of mouth spread further by the customer.
This is true, customer have the right to ask for an empty bowl, the stall-owner is being too petty....... Angry

I read the story i think he was getting extra bowl so that his kids share food.

Anyway the bowl belongs to the stall so they can choose not to let him have it.

There is no legal requirement for them to lend him the bowl.

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

(04-12-2022, 07:12 PM)debono Wrote:  This is true, customer have the right to ask for an empty bowl, the stall-owner is being too petty....... Angry

If I were the customer I will cancel my order. I don’t lose anything as I can order from another stall.

(04-12-2022, 07:12 PM)debono Wrote:  This is true, customer have the right to ask for an empty bowl, the stall-owner is being too petty....... Angry

Of course, any customer can ask

But some stalls will charge, then pay lor.

PAP never set law to say extra bowl is free

nor extra plate or bowl cannot charge anyway

(04-12-2022, 07:14 PM)sgbuffett Wrote:  I read the story i think he was getting extra bowl so that his kids share food.

Anyway the bowl belongs to the stall so  they can choose not to let him have it.

There is no legal requirement for them to lend him the bowl.

What you’ve mentioned is correct, he doesn’t need to let the customer have an extra bowl. It just shows he has no EQ and business acumen. He has loss a customer.

(04-12-2022, 07:15 PM)Ola Wrote:  Of course, any customer can ask

But some stalls will charge, then pay lor.

PAP never set law to say extra bowl is free

nor extra plate or bowl cannot charge anyway

How much can the stall owner charge for one empty bowl, perhaps 20 cents, But the stall owner already had a big profit margin selling his product, therefore he should absorb the cost of washing the bowl....... Big Grin

(04-12-2022, 07:21 PM)debono Wrote:  How much can the stall owner charge for one empty bowl, perhaps 20 cents, But the stall owner already had a big profit margin selling his product, therefore he should absorb the cost of washing the bowl....... Big Grin

5 years ago, my zi-char stall at my HDB coffee shop

already charge 50 cents for da- bao even when I bring my own food container, 

they also charged me 50 cents, now it seems it is 70 cents

You think that Malaysian Stall Owner cares

(04-12-2022, 06:14 PM)Blasterlord2 Wrote:  This kind of stall I'll never patronize again.
Me too.

(04-12-2022, 07:25 PM)Ola Wrote:  5 years ago, my zi-char stall at my HDB coffee shop

already charge 50 cents for da- bao even when I bring my own food container, 

they also charged me 50 cents, now it seems it is 70 cents

You think that Malaysian Stall Owner cares

Only 50c ah....my side charge $5 if bring own container. Rotfl
[+] 1 user Likes Notdumb's post

(04-12-2022, 08:03 PM)Rubitin Wrote:  CASE must take action against the hawker for not providing simple service.

If u go to Ola territory....the hawkers will beat u till u say sori. Rotfl
[+] 1 user Likes Notdumb's post

(04-12-2022, 08:09 PM)Notdumb Wrote:  If u go to Ola territory....the hawkers will beat u till u say sori. Rotfl

Your face like Gangster, stall already give you free plate

You win!

It's best not to patronise this type of unfriendly and calculative stall . What's just an empty bowl, not asking for extra rice or sauces. 

If more people boycott, they have to fk back to Msia to eat mud.

Greedy bastards.
[+] 2 users Like hansamu's post

(04-12-2022, 08:33 PM)hansamu Wrote:  It's best not to patronise this type of unfriendly and calculative stall . What's just an empty bowl, not asking for extra rice or sauces. 

Greedy bastards.

Patronise or don't patronise, conversation should stop after that 2 lines.

Patron : Can I have an extra bowl?
Stallholder : No...

End of story. Whatever it is the stall holder has the right not to give extra bowl. Yes he is not nice but he has right go refuse you.

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

(04-12-2022, 08:33 PM)hansamu Wrote:  It's best not to patronise this type of unfriendly and calculative stall . What's just an empty bowl, not asking for extra rice or sauces. 

Greedy bastards.

Ola will call u bastard if u don't pay. Rotfl

Whereabout is Blk 10 North Beach Rd?

(04-12-2022, 08:37 PM)Notdumb Wrote:  Ola will call u bastard if u don't pay. Rotfl

You will be slapped like the man in Black T-shirt

for being a rogue, too

Rotfl