Suspect charged in death of University of Chicago student Zheng Shaoxiong

2 hours ago

CHICAGO (AP) — An 18-year-old man was charged with murder in the shooting death of a Chinese student near the University of Chicago’s campus after he was found carrying the gun used in the slaying, police announced Friday.

Deputy Chief of Detectives Rahman Muhammad said that Shaoxiong “Dennis” Zheng, 24, was standing on a sidewalk in a residential area Tuesday afternoon in the Hyde Park neighborhood on the city’s South Side when Spann approached Zheng and robbed him at gunpoint of some of his belongings, including electronics, before shooting him in the torso and running off.

After the shooting, the University of Chicago’s president urged city officials and police to treat Chicago’s rising violence as a “public health crisis.”

In a statement, university President Paul Alivisatos, said, “The violence afflicting Chicago is on the same scale as a public health crisis and demands a commensurate response,” and that the university has been in contact with the mayor’s office, Chicago police, local aldermen and others.

There have been five slayings in Hyde Park so far this year, compared with none at the same time in 2020, as violence across Chicago has risen for two straight years, the Chicago Sun-Times reported.

https://apnews.com/article/chicago-viole...4a982f4df5

Want to rob just rob, why need to kill?
[+] 1 user Likes Blasterlord2's post

(13-11-2021, 01:43 PM)Blasterlord2 Wrote:  Want to rob just rob, why need to kill?

Because the victim saw his face? Maybe he should just wear a balaclava to rob.

United States of Assholes.

Terrible place never ever set foot there...any time can get killed

They are crazy to allow people to carry guns.

Those Singaporeans who are forced to go there by their employers have to worry about their safety

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

It's a shame to die in the hands of a riff-raff, and for such a reason as a robbery. USA is never a safe place. When I was there I will not walk alone in the streets. China comparatively is such a safe place, I can walk alone there at midnight and nothing will happen to me.

(13-11-2021, 12:09 PM)Levin Wrote:  2 hours ago

CHICAGO (AP) — An 18-year-old man was charged with murder in the shooting death of a Chinese student near the University of Chicago’s campus after he was found carrying the gun used in the slaying, police announced Friday.

Deputy Chief of Detectives Rahman Muhammad said that Shaoxiong “Dennis” Zheng, 24, was standing on a sidewalk in a residential area Tuesday afternoon in the Hyde Park neighborhood on the city’s South Side when Spann approached Zheng and robbed him at gunpoint of some of his belongings, including electronics, before shooting him in the torso and running off.

After the shooting, the University of Chicago’s president urged city officials and police to treat Chicago’s rising violence as a “public health crisis.”

In a statement, university President Paul Alivisatos, said, “The violence afflicting Chicago is on the same scale as a public health crisis and demands a commensurate response,” and that the university has been in contact with the mayor’s office, Chicago police, local aldermen and others.

There have been five slayings in Hyde Park so far this year, compared with none at the same time in 2020, as violence across Chicago has risen for two straight years, the Chicago Sun-Times reported.

https://apnews.com/article/chicago-viole...4a982f4df5

Another incident of Gorillas attacked human

(13-11-2021, 03:06 PM)Blasterlord2 Wrote:  It's a shame to die in the hands of a riff-raff, and for such a reason as a robbery. USA is never a safe place. When I was there I will not walk alone in the streets. China comparatively is such a safe place, I can walk alone there at midnight and nothing will happen to me.

How can u compare USA to China?
USA cant even compare to most 3rd world countries.

China is the world safest. Even SG also no where near to China.