Sweden says US has offered security guarantees if it applies to join Nato

Sweden says US has offered security guarantees if it applies to join Nato

Foreign minister Ann Linde spoke after meeting with US secretary of state Anthony Blinken Sweden has received assurances from the US that it would receive support during the period a potential application to join Nato is processed by the 30 nations in the alliance, foreign minister Ann Linde said in Washington on Wednesday.Sweden and neighbour Finland stayed out of Nato during the cold war, but Russia’s annexation of Crimea in 2014 and its invasion of Ukraine have led the countries to rethink their security policies, with Nato membership looking increasingly likely. Continue reading...

https://clck.ru/gkiRb

#Sweden #Finland #Nato #Russia #US_news

Swedes are as unfriendly as the Finns. They will only break into a smile if you speak their native tongue.

Wherever you go, no matter what the weather, always bring your own sunshine Big Grin

(05-05-2022, 07:16 AM)p1acebo Wrote:  Swedes are as unfriendly as the Finns.  They will only break into a smile if you speak their native tongue.

I guess Russians are the only friendly people in that region

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.
[+] 1 user Likes sgbuffett's post

(05-05-2022, 07:21 AM)sgbuffett Wrote:  I guess Russians are the only friendly people in that region

Many folks from the Nordic countries are mostly cold and distant.  But they project a professional image, so you can’t fault them.  

I like my own personal space so I am fine with it.  My colleagues mix with their own and go mostly to Chinatown and factory outlets for cheap cheap buys.

Wherever you go, no matter what the weather, always bring your own sunshine Big Grin

Security guarantee???

What a joke!

(05-05-2022, 07:21 AM)sgbuffett Wrote:  I guess Russians are the only friendly people in that region

The friendliest is America. Faraway from Europe.

Smile

[Image: 0-E70-E8-EE-A6-D6-4-DFA-9-F26-CA6-A9-B6-F0-C0-A.png]

[Image: 97-C3-DE6-F-EA00-4753-AF75-5-BBB6-E74581-E.png]

[Image: 662-B19-ED-8440-47-A2-BF17-90273-C1-E7-F68.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes Fleetdestroyer's post

https://www.euractiv.com/section/politic...if-he-can/

(05-05-2022, 07:16 AM)p1acebo Wrote:  Swedes are as unfriendly as the Finns.  They will only break into a smile if you speak their native tongue.
I hv been to Skandinavia. They are rich and safe countries. I don’t find them unfriendly at all. Whilst when I was in Russia, there are lots of conmen in the streets. Was told by my tour guide not to loiter outside hotel late at nite.

NATO wants to intimidate Russia, but there is a sudden internal crisis

If Russian invade them, USA give them expired weapons