Swiss standard of living remains elusive to most S'poreans

The quality of life in present day S'pore for the masses is nowhere close to Switzerland, even in 1984. The policies that have driven rapid economic growth as well as our population expansion have created a myriad of social problems. Apart from the wealthy minority, the Swiss standard of living remains elusive to most S'poreans.  What happened to then PM Goh Chok Tong's promise to us?

(20-02-2024, 11:50 AM)EvertonDiehard Wrote:  The quality of life in present day S'pore for the masses is nowhere close to Switzerland, even in 1984. The policies that have driven rapid economic growth as well as our population expansion have created a myriad of social problems. Apart from the wealthy minority, the Swiss standard of living remains elusive to most S'poreans.  What happened to then PM Goh Chok Tong's promise to us?

Now none of his biz liao 
Talk is easy to fulfill it is hard

No weapons that forms against me shall prosper
No tongue that rises against me I shall condemn 
☝️

At that time lau goh was losing his popularity as the crown prince was waiting angrily to take over. So to prevent losing his position very early, he made the so called wish list to elevate or to make the people happy with his leadership skill in improving the economy

8Umbrella Umbrella

(20-02-2024, 12:02 PM)klat Wrote:  At that time lau goh was losing his popularity as the crown prince was waiting angrily to take over. So to prevent losing his position very early, he made the so called wish list to elevate or to make the people happy with his leadership skill in improving the economy

If Woody Goh gets quizzed about his promise at that time, he would probably claim that he was misquoted. Our former PM will say that he has delivered on his promise of a Swiss Cost of Living for S'poreans. 

(20-02-2024, 11:56 AM)Lukongsimi Wrote:  Now none of his biz liao Talk is easy to fulfill it is hard

Woody and his family have been going through a prolonged rough patch since he made that unfulfilled promise. First, his wife put her foot in her mouth by claiming that TT Durai's $25K a month salary is "peanuts" for a CEO of a charity. Second, he slammed S'poreans who emigrated as "quitters" when his own daughter lives in England. Third, Woody himself declared anybody earning less than $1 million a year as "mediocre" and unfit to be a PAP Minister. Fourth, his son Goh Jin Hian is now in trouble with the law.  

(20-02-2024, 12:22 PM)FartSunKing Wrote:  PAP provides the OPPORTUNITY. For all Singaporeans & PRs To enjoy better than SWISS Standard of Living in Singapore When they RETIRE after they reached PAP's RETIREMENT age It is not an ENTITLEMENT Just because you happened to be born here And voted for PAP You have to work for you SWISS Standard of Living Get it?

I fully agree that our leaders don't owe S'poreans a living. If the 80% who cannot afford to live in private property and the 89% who do not have enough money to buy a car want to join those who own both, then they have to work and invest till the day that they are able to do so.  

(20-02-2024, 12:16 PM)FartSunKing Wrote:  Ladies and gentlemen The SWISS Standard of Living For born poor Singaporeans or PRs in Singapore Is a REALITY for MOST retired Singaporeans & PRs above age 55 Thanks to PAP, CPF & HDB

The problem is that S'pore is tiny. We have no hinterland to escape from this expensive urban jungle. If Swiss nationals find staying in Zurich or Geneva too costly, they can always shift to places like Uri or Obwalden where the cost of living is significantly lower. The cost of living is no different for S'poreans in Bukit Timah compared to Bedok; only the value of their homes would differ.

(20-02-2024, 12:28 PM)FartSunKing Wrote:  I born poor like sgbuffett But unlike sgbuffett, I born SMART But being SMART will not get you a ticket To a SWISS Standard of Living in you born in Malaysia So I migrated to Singapore And got my ticket to a SWISS Standard of Living in Singapore

My cousin and his wife came to S'pore to work from Malaysia. After a few decades here, they retired to Ipoh to live in a sprawling landed home and own 2 cars.   

(20-02-2024, 12:35 PM)FartSunKing Wrote:  SWISS Standard of Living for the rest of my LIFE
[Image: Enough.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes EvertonDiehard's post

Hopefully more and more ppl wake up and aware of this....

I am just a tiny plankton in the ocean.

(20-02-2024, 01:25 PM)FartSunKing Wrote:  https://m.facebook.com/video/video.php?v...0687641221

Pray tell.  Why exactly were you temporarily banned from FaceBook?

http://tinyurl.com/mrxa7sr8

(20-02-2024, 12:11 PM)EvertonDiehard Wrote:  Woody and his family have been going through a prolonged rough patch since he made that unfulfilled promise. First, his wife put her foot in her mouth by claiming that TT Durai's $25K a month salary is "peanuts" for a CEO of a charity. Second, he slammed S'poreans who emigrated as "quitters" when his own daughter lives in England. Third, Woody himself declared anybody earning less than $1 million a year as "mediocre" and unfit to be a PAP Minister. Fourth, his son Goh Jin Hian is now in trouble with the law.  

this is karma at work

watch money no enough3 karma will definitely follow

swiss standard of living and or garden of eden only meant for pap and cronies

not meant for common singaporeans

never ever to be hoodwinked by such promises and or future faking made by these immorals

(20-02-2024, 08:59 PM)KILLjoy Wrote:  swiss standard of living and or garden of eden only meant for pap and cronies not meant for common singaporeans never ever to be hoodwinked by such promises and or future faking made by these immorals

Woody should have made it clear that the Swiss Standard of Living is for the 20% who stay in private housing in S'pore. For the rest of the population, they only get to "enjoy" the Swiss Cost of Living.

(20-02-2024, 06:55 PM)FartSunKing Wrote:  https://www.facebook.com/reel/361475353381399

That is a really frivolous reason to ban you for showing a dash of white.

(20-02-2024, 12:32 PM)EvertonDiehard Wrote:  My cousin and his wife came to S'pore to work from Malaysia. After a few decades here, they retired to Ipoh to live in a sprawling landed home and own 2 cars.   

[Image: IMG-9047.jpg]

like this? Keke

(22-02-2024, 12:52 AM)TalkingRabbit Wrote:  [Image: IMG-9047.jpg]

like this? Keke

[Image: ucJatwm.jpg]

within the same country man. a normal distributions for all. so how can all have high standard of living?
unless foreigners are used to met the gap. but foreigners here are all very well paid. from top to bottom.
at bottom work pass the pay is way above other country. not to mention that a lot of it got taken by their own country middle man. many borrow heavily to get jobs here so in the end 1-2 years income will to towards payment.