Business Times : Top experts say Property will go up 2nd half of this yr

https://www.businesstimes.com.sg/hub-pro...in-h1-2022

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

it's scary, > 20yrs old rcr leasehold aso sold at 1800psf. before covid, only 800 to 1200psf

I think we need to share on some investment basic for folks to understand so that they can make informed decision.

When you invest in any asset group knowing the price and possibly the future price is important. But what's more important is your ability to (1) finance (2) exit point before looking at (3) potential gains.

A piece of info saying prices to trend up in next 6 months is useful but not may not be valuable for you to make decision. Unless you planning to sell and then you might slowly find buyer since the trend is in your favor in the short run.

If you are a potential buyer, you need to ask yourself when will be your exit point (for some it is to hold forever, for some is to hold for a minimum period to avoid tax and duties etc). Having determined your exit point you then ask yourself what is a reasonable exit price that you think someone else will pay for it (find the next sucker so speak). If you will not even buy over the asset in x year at y price, then chances are buying it now may mean huge stress to you. And we are not just talking about direct financing but also potential pitfalls that may arise such as negative equity situation, jobless situation etc.

Think deep and think wide before you commit.

Residential Properties Prices had risen a lot during the Covid.

Commercial Properties on the other hand had not risen much due to the closing down of businesses. Now, there are Enblocs on commercial properties to bring up the market in this sector.

The Ukraine war had brought about inflation on related costs. This war may be a long one.

During Covid, some foreigners have reparked their money here and also buy some residential properties here. Will it rise further? The rises in prices are due to limited land, rising costs, property agents' calls, decreasing value of money, covid stay home, etc.

As the US prints more money, this money floods the markets. Now, the US is increasing the interest rates and they going on the opposite of printing money. This series of actions will bring the money back to the US. Countries that borrowed USD will find that suddenly, they have to service their debts with more money.  A few find that they are suddenly short of money. This will also be mirrored in companies.