MPs fined at least S$10,000 to be disqualified

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/singapor...nt-2673246

“Revising the fine quantum from not less than S$2,000 to not less than S$10,000 would ensure that the fine quantum is commensurate with fines meted out for offences which are relevant to the integrity of the person, such as tax evasion, corruption,” said the ELD.

---------------------------

I thought PAP said high salary is to prevent corruption

so the quantum should be $1 instead

No, meh?

Why do we need 5 Mayors and 80 PAP Ministers? 

(07-12-2022, 09:18 AM)Ola Wrote:  “Revising the fine quantum from not less than S$2,000 to not less than S$10,000 would ensure that the fine quantum is commensurate with fines meted out for offences which are relevant to the integrity of the person, such as tax evasion, corruption,” said the ELD.

No, meh?
The quantum should be $2000 instead of $10,000.  Because if the charge is less severe, then the fine quantum is lower............. Clapping

(07-12-2022, 09:18 AM)Ola Wrote:  “Revising the fine quantum from not less than S$2,000 to not less than S$10,000 would ensure that the fine quantum is commensurate with fines meted out for offences which are relevant to the integrity of the person, such as tax evasion, corruption,” said the ELD.

No, meh?
The quantum should be $2000 instead of $10,000.  Because if the charge is less severe, then the fine quantum is lower............. Clapping

sup sup water...

疫苗可以不打, 手枪一定要打!
疫苗可以不注射, 精子一定要远射!