iPhone fell 16000 ft from Boeing the blew door - still works fine

When a door plug on an Alaska Airlines plane blew off minutes after takeoff on Friday evening, it left a gaping, door-shaped hole in the Boeing 737 Max 9 plane. A handful of objects were sucked out of the plane that was 16,000 feet in the sky. The iPhone found by Bates was most likely one of them, the NTSB told media outlets.

https://www.spokesman.com/stories/2024/j...-fall-fro/

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

Sorry, I still won't buy the stock or the phone.

...and its Made-in-China... Tongue 

[Image: AdobeStock_286672942_Editorial_Use_Only.jpeg]

You've got friendly neighbours? Grow Up! 李光耀 2013

(12-03-2024, 11:03 PM)Alice Alicia Wrote:  Sorry, I still won't buy the stock or the phone.

or Boeing stock....when that iPhone flew out thru a blowout door from the Boeing 737 at 16,000ft, which lead to grounding of all same models in US.

That Didn't work fine. Big Grin

[Image: _132253190_alaska_airlines_blow_out_v2_2...c.png.webp]
[Image: hqdefault.jpg]

[+] 1 user Likes Manthink's post

BTW, that 737 door also fell 16,000 ft from the same jet.... How cum US media didn't say it is still "fine" leh ? Big Grin

[Image: _132255279_gdwafwjaqaedplt-1.jpg]

(12-03-2024, 11:06 PM)Manthink Wrote:  ...and its Made-in-China... Tongue 

[Image: AdobeStock_286672942_Editorial_Use_Only.jpeg]

Now literally MOST electronic are made in China not just establish Apple brand also other establish electronic brands.
Some even made in Indonesian for some japanese brand. I used to ask one salesman happen to see two sony tv both same model why one is cheaper , he claim that cheaper one is not made in Japan. That expensive one is made in Japan.

Likewise for branded sneaker. I used to own New balance sneaker. Why expensive than adidas or nike partly New balance sneakers made in USA itself. Adidas one mix , some made in india , some made in china , some even made in Vietnam.

(12-03-2024, 11:29 PM)[[ForeverAlone]] Wrote:  Now literally MOST electronic are made in China not just establish Apple brand also other establish electronic brands.
Some even made in Indonesian for some japanese brand. I used to ask one salesman happen to see two sony tv both same model why one is cheaper , he claim that cheaper one is not made in Japan. That expensive one is made in Japan.

Likewise for branded sneaker. I used to own New balance sneaker. Why expensive than adidas or nike partly New balance sneakers made in USA itself. Adidas one mix , some made in india , some made in china , some even made in Vietnam.
you

when phone is "made in China " means assembled in China ...but the most important parts like processor are made in Taiwan....Japan or Korea....9

However iPhone fails to work in cold weather like -1 c, Xiaomi and Samsung have no problems.

[Image: IMG-5505.jpg]

Why is iPhone so lousy? Not sure how Americans use it during cold winter, battery runs out faster.

Drop on water lah

Smile

Amazing
If drops into the sea finish

No weapons that forms against me shall prosper
No tongue that rises against me I shall condemn 
☝️

[Image: IMG-5558.gif]

[Image: IMG-5559.jpg]

(13-03-2024, 12:05 AM)sgbuffett Wrote:  when phone is "made in China " means assembled in China ...but the most important parts like processor are made in Taiwan....Japan or Korea....9

2 takeaways:

a. Without the labour skills, effective supply chain and foundation of Chinese infra, no amount of "important parts" from US, TW Province or Japan can assemble a quality "affordable" iPhone that can survive 16,000ft drop from a US-Made Boeing with a broken door...

b. Without China , Steve Job knew he would not be able to deliver his iPhone on time, within budget and with assured quality.and made Apple Inc the 1st Trillion $ value coy..Big Grin

[Image: https%3A%2F%2Fd1e00ek4ebabms.cloudfront....=700&dpr=1]
https://www.ft.com/content/d5a80891-b27d...1b7836f11b

(12-03-2024, 11:24 PM)Manthink Wrote:  BTW, that 737 door also fell 16,000 ft from the same jet.... How cum US media didn't say it is still "fine" leh ? Big Grin

[Image: _132255279_gdwafwjaqaedplt-1.jpg]

Can anyone tell me how many problematic Boeing plane are made or assembled in China ? Big Grin