Table-tennis men's singles starting now!

Anyone interested?

Both Chinese players fighting for gold.

Ma Long leading first game 7-1.

(30-07-2021, 08:25 PM)Blasterlord2 Wrote:  Both Chinese players fighting for gold.

Most countries use players that hail from PRC, make them citizens of that country and ask them to compete in table tennis.  Most of the time the matches are China vs China players.... Big Grin

gao fang not representing sg?

Ma won the first game convincingly, 11-4.

(30-07-2021, 08:30 PM)debono Wrote:  
(30-07-2021, 08:25 PM)Blasterlord2 Wrote:  Both Chinese players fighting for gold.

Most countries use players that hail from PRC, make them citizens of that country and ask them to compete in table tennis.  Most of the time the matches are China vs China players.... Big Grin
Why China is so good in table-tennis?

Btw, the current men's number 1, Fan Zhengong had a friendly with Chen Meng before and lost. So the women's team is not inferior to the men.

Result will be 4-3 to FZD. ML told to lose.

(30-07-2021, 08:33 PM)Blasterlord2 Wrote:  
(30-07-2021, 08:30 PM)debono Wrote:  Most countries use players that hail from PRC, make them citizens of that country and ask them to compete in table tennis.  Most of the time the matches are China vs China players.... Big Grin

I think in China little kids who show potential as early as 5 years old to train in table tennis. Big Grin

(30-07-2021, 08:39 PM)Sharexchange Wrote:  Result will be 4-3 to FZD. ML told to lose.

Really meh? Ma Long's last chance at olympics leh. He'll want to win.

(30-07-2021, 08:45 PM)debono Wrote:  
(30-07-2021, 08:33 PM)Blasterlord2 Wrote:  Why China is so good in table-tennis?

I think in China little kids who show potential as early as 5 years old to train in table tennis. Big Grin

We should let our kids start training from young. Oh wait.. they'll tell you they want to play handphone.

Ma Long won the 3rd game!

(30-07-2021, 08:55 PM)Blasterlord2 Wrote:  
(30-07-2021, 08:45 PM)debono Wrote:  I think in China little kids who show potential as early as 5 years old to train in table tennis. Big Grin

We should let our kids start training from young. Oh wait.. they'll tell you they want to play handphone.

That is true, young kids these days can be quite tech savvy when they play with handphones. Big Grin

Strawberries oni good in playing ec sports games... come sweat n hardwork they choose the former

There is no right or wrong decisions. 
One only has to bear the consequences that one makes  Big Grin

Ma Long won the 4th game! Narrow win.

(30-07-2021, 09:06 PM)Galilo_l Wrote:  Strawberries oni good in playing ec sports games... come sweat n hardwork they choose the former

Actually nowadays it's getting easier to be better than others. All the information is out there, just a matter whether you want to learn or not, and since most people only want to be comfortable, you only have to put in that little extra effort.

Wow.. excellent exchange. Ma Long seems better.

(30-07-2021, 08:55 PM)Blasterlord2 Wrote:  
(30-07-2021, 08:45 PM)debono Wrote:  I think in China little kids who show potential as early as 5 years old to train in table tennis. Big Grin

Many schools don't even have table tennis table!

Ma Long lost 5th game, lost badly too.

(30-07-2021, 09:16 PM)cityhantam Wrote:  
(30-07-2021, 08:55 PM)Blasterlord2 Wrote:  We should let our kids start training from young. Oh wait.. they'll tell you they want to play handphone.

Many schools don't even have table tennis table!

I remember when I was small, during recess all of us will rush to the hall to play table-tennis or play 'one-leg'. Then after school, will either play football or basketball.

Don't know what children do nowadays.

(30-07-2021, 09:12 PM)Blasterlord2 Wrote:  
(30-07-2021, 09:06 PM)Galilo_l Wrote:  Strawberries oni good in playing ec sports games... come sweat n hardwork they choose the former

Actually nowadays it's getting easier to be better than others. All the information is out there, just a matter whether you want to learn or not, and since most people only want to be comfortable, you only have to put in that little extra effort.

Extra effort n consistency works hand in hand... if one lacks in one results will show... just like in football form is temporary class is permanent... so it is very obvious y golden boy lost... even more in last place!

There is no right or wrong decisions. 
One only has to bear the consequences that one makes  Big Grin

(30-07-2021, 09:20 PM)Blasterlord2 Wrote:  
(30-07-2021, 09:16 PM)cityhantam Wrote:  Many schools don't even have table tennis table!

I remember when I was small, during recess all of us will rush to the hall to play table-tennis or play 'one-leg'. Then after school, will either play football or basketball.

Those were the days, when children are free to play whatever sports/games they choose.  These days they are  more tech savvy and play with their computers/laptops.... Big Grin

Congrats to Ma Long, 2020 Olympics table-tennis gold medalist!

(30-07-2021, 09:20 PM)Blasterlord2 Wrote:  
(30-07-2021, 09:16 PM)cityhantam Wrote:  Many schools don't even have table tennis table!

Which primary school? I play those games during recess time, before school and after schools.  We may from same school. Thinking

(30-07-2021, 08:33 PM)Blasterlord2 Wrote:  
(30-07-2021, 08:30 PM)debono Wrote:  Most countries use players that hail from PRC, make them citizens of that country and ask them to compete in table tennis.  Most of the time the matches are China vs China players.... Big Grin

China has always been good since the Pioneer generation. I remembered watching them on TV playing exhibition matches with long rallies in my younger days.

(30-07-2021, 10:50 PM)Goldmine Wrote:  
(30-07-2021, 09:20 PM)Blasterlord2 Wrote:  I remember when I was small, during recess all of us will rush to the hall to play table-tennis or play 'one-leg'. Then after school, will either play football or basketball.

Which primary school? I play those games during recess time, before school and after schools.  We may from same school. Thinking
Along Bukit Timah road. But closed down already.