VIDEO: Woman Sprays Activist With Fire Extinguisher To Stop Quran Burning In Sweden

Updated 12:01 AM GMT+8, August 19, 2023

STOCKHOLM (AP) — Swedish police detained a woman Friday who sprayed an anti-Islam activist with a fire extinguisher as he staged a Quran-burning protest outside the Iranian Embassy in Stockholm.

the woman, who was not identified by police, was detained on suspicion of disturbing public order and violence against a police officer.

Momika, a refugee from Iraq, has desecrated the Quran in a series of anti-Islam protests that have caused anger in many Muslim countries. Swedish police have allowed his demonstrations, citing freedom of speech while filing preliminary hate speech charges against him.

Momika said he would continue to burn the Quran despite the threats directed at him and Sweden, saying he wants to protect Sweden’s population from the messages of the Quran.

“I have freedom of speech,” Swedish news agency TT quoted him as saying.

The Quran-burnings have prompted several countries to update their travel advice for the Scandinavian country. The U.S. Embassy in Sweden issued a security alert this week warning of “possible retaliatory attacks by terrorists” and urging U.S. citizens to use caution when going to crowded public venues and around diplomatic facilities.

https://apnews.com/article/sweden-quran-...f4f98ba129

What logic is it that the woman was arrested, when the man was the one provoking trouble.

(21-08-2023, 02:59 PM)starbugs Wrote:  What logic is it that the woman was arrested, when the man was the one provoking trouble.

The man received permission from the police before he started burning so he's not in trouble.

What I found ironic is that the man was Iraqi and the woman is most probably a Swede.

(21-08-2023, 03:04 PM)Levin Wrote:  The man received permission from the police before he started burning so he's not in trouble.

What I found ironic is that the man was Iraqi and the woman is most probably a Swede.

Very good! 

They should do more to rot!  nudie