Taiwan's national health insurance (NHI) provides universal, mandatory coverage

[Image: 8-A1-A52-A6-0-E14-4-B29-89-DC-2769-E4022-FEA.jpg]

[Image: 2-B0-F7532-3-B40-44-D0-B87-D-944-C9-EA97-F97.jpg]

Cheaper and better quality than ours

In market where got cheaper, faster, better one.. Or maybe have, only in LSS dictionary..

1. I have served the nation in a combat unit for 2.5 + 10 years. I had fulfilled my duty as a citizen, but has the country do it's part for me?
2. I don't know where the threat of CCP is, but I know the threat of CECA is already at my doorsteps
3. I had been called a CCP, JHK, Pinoy, but they never called me a CECA..

(12-08-2022, 10:13 PM)ArielCasper Wrote:  In market where got cheaper, faster, better one.. Or maybe have, only in LSS dictionary..

[Image: 97-A44-E20-3926-4-B74-85-F0-12-DF5-CB60-C4-E.jpg]

Singapore will not do this because we have a low tax regime.

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

(12-08-2022, 05:49 PM)lvlrsSTI Wrote:  [Image: 2-B0-F7532-3-B40-44-D0-B87-D-944-C9-EA97-F97.jpg]

When I see the quality of healthcare in India is the same as HK and Italy, I know this chart is an absolute bullsh*t.

(12-08-2022, 10:57 PM)Blasterlord2 Wrote:  When I see the quality of healthcare in India is the same as HK and Italy, I know this chart is an absolute bullsh*t.

I think you are mistaken.
India is a major medical tourism destination for westerners because of cheap price. 

But Indians are so poor they cannot afford the cheap costs and go to hospitals jn the slums.. 

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

(12-08-2022, 11:16 PM)sgbuffett Wrote:  I think you are mistaken.
India is a major medical tourism destination for westerners because of cheap price. 

But Indians are so poor they cannot afford the cheap costs and go to hospitals jn the slums.. 

But to rank US as low quality, I don't think that is what the man on the street understanding.

If you are rich, US has the best quality.

1. I have served the nation in a combat unit for 2.5 + 10 years. I had fulfilled my duty as a citizen, but has the country do it's part for me?
2. I don't know where the threat of CCP is, but I know the threat of CECA is already at my doorsteps

(12-08-2022, 11:16 PM)sgbuffett Wrote:  I think you are mistaken.

The comparison is based on what? The best hospitals vs the best or the average hospitals vs the average. It's not clear. If you look at the best I still don't think India is equal to HK, and neither would it be better than the US. This chart is still rubbish.

bankrupt system as benefits keep reducing. Aging need to keep reduce covrage. Similar to India. Every thing covered , yet everything just cover barely the minimum.

(14-08-2022, 07:46 AM)ArielCasper Wrote:  But to rank US as low quality, I don't think that is what the man on the street understanding.

If you are rich, US has the best quality.

That is true also!
But it does not mean every point is wrong on the chart 
Some are probably debatable...but there is no debate that Taiwan is one of the best  Not that I like them, i was there and the ordinary citizens heap praise on the system they use and they are proud of the achievement. But in Singapkre you ask around its a mixed bag of opinion.

(14-08-2022, 10:27 AM)sgbuffett Wrote:  That is true also!
But it does not mean every point is wrong on the chart 
Some are probably debatable...but there is no debate that Taiwan is one of the best  Not that I like them, i was there and the ordinary citizens heap praise on the system they use and they are proud of the achievement. But in Singapkre you ask around its a mixed bag of opinion.

U can think of it as a scam also. How come there are no other countries near the Taiwan dot (high quality low cost).

If the deal is too good to be true, then something must be wrong.

(14-08-2022, 10:31 AM)ArielCasper Wrote:  U can think of it as a scam also. How come there are no other countries near the Taiwan dot (high quality low cost).

If their healthcare system is really so good then they must have suffered somewhere else, unless they're so good at making money, which I don't believe so. Their low cost simply means that money is cut from somewhere to subsidise it.

(14-08-2022, 10:31 AM)ArielCasper Wrote:  U can think of it as a scam also. How come there are no other countries near the Taiwan dot (high quality low cost).

Your logic is like saying TSMC is a scam because they can produce high quality chips at cheaper price than everyone else.

Taiwan system has been studied by experts who ranked them number one. They have a holistic system that produce high quality doctors and pay them q reasonable but not exorbitant pay to keep costs contained. Other countries like France and Canada are also quite good.

(14-08-2022, 11:01 AM)Blasterlord2 Wrote:  If their healthcare system is really so good then they must have suffered somewhere else, unless they're so good at making money, which I don't believe so. Their low cost simply means that money is cut from somewhere to subsidise it.

It is perhaps good but unsustainable even if they pay more now because they face 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y7xWq8S5etc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HZ7hFGqDuag

(14-08-2022, 11:42 AM)watchfirst9 Wrote:  It is perhaps good but unsustainable even if they pay more now because they face 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y7xWq8S5etc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HZ7hFGqDuag

But what is alternative? If cost rises, either the govt raise money to pay or the people have to find their own money to pay out of pocket.

The Taiwan system force the govt to confront the cost problem and use all the tools to keep cost down.

Whereas jn the other model where citizens pay out of pocket the govt does not feel the pain.

Let's take the Singapore system. It is no secret the pap govt of they can would like to have as many immigrants as they like. This strains our healthcare system. But they  an offload the costs to out of pocket payments by Singaporeans who have to shoulder tye consequences of their policies.

(14-08-2022, 12:22 PM)sgbuffett Wrote:  But what is alternative? If cost rises, either the govt raise money to pay or the people have to find their own money to pay out of pocket.

The Taiwan system force the govt to confront the cost problem and use all the tools to keep cost down.

Whereas jn the other model where citizens pay out of pocket the govt does not feel the pain.

Let's take the Singapore system. It is no secret the pap govt of they can would like to have as many immigrants as they like. This strains our healthcare system. But they  an offload the costs to out of pocket payments by Singaporeans who have to shoulder tye consequences of their policies.

Their govt would not pay one, they have pension crisis too. 
Their govt already ask public to pay more.
Going forward, few items may need to omit and cheaper alternate medicines and treatment methods need to explore.
But the two structure issues still need to resolve. 

Our Govt did little to lower cost because its coverage is far smaller
and they prefer to increase Medisave portion of CPF 
and promote less sugar and maybe less salt..

(14-08-2022, 11:30 AM)sgbuffett Wrote:  Your logic is like saying TSMC is a scam because they can produce high quality chips at cheaper price than everyone else.

Taiwan system has been studied by experts who ranked them number one. They have a holistic system that produce high quality doctors and pay them q reasonable but not exorbitant pay to keep costs contained. Other countries like France and Canada are also quite good.

You are comparing apple with pear.. TSMC is a technology company.. You have an advantage mean you have the advantage until overtaken.. Anyone copy your patented technology, you sued until the other party pants drop..

Healthcare is a system. No one get sued for copying another country's system.. If Taiwan system is so viable, then whole world would have copied it, and even if they cannot get the same efficiency, they should be around the same area in the chart.