Finally Can Eat Fresh Chicken From Malaysia!

... Ok fellow forumers I was referring to real chicken - not those that run around Geylang at night!

SINGAPORE: The Singapore Food Agency (SFA) on Sunday (Oct 9) said Malaysia will lift its temporary export ban on live chicken broilers from Oct 11. 

Responding to CNA's queries, the agency said it received "official notification" from Malaysia's Department of Veterinary Services on the lifting of the ban.

"We welcome the resumption of live chicken broiler imports, and are seeking clarification on the details," said SFA. 

The Malaysian government had earlier banned the export of up to 3.6 million chickens from Jun 1 in its efforts to tackle supply and pricing issues for chicken in the country.

The ban was implemented following complaints of supply shortage and price increases of chicken, with some traders selling their poultry above the price ceiling to cover their costs.

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/singapor...cy-2998086
[+] 1 user Likes sporeguy's post

I only eat dead chicken leh.

(09-10-2022, 09:58 PM)Notdumb Wrote:  I only eat dead chicken leh.
Rotfl

Actually oredy started to see fresh kampung chicken on sale @ NTUC liao, Come from where I dunno.

(09-10-2022, 10:17 PM)luncheonmeat Wrote:  Actually oredy started to see fresh kampung chicken on sale @ NTUC liao, Come from where I dunno.
Earlier Malaysia relaxed the export of fresh kampong chicken into Singapore - Malysians find the kampong chicken too expensive. 

All this while I have been buying fresh kampong chicken at NTUC Finest.

Now Malaysia allows the export of fresh chicken into Singapore. So from Oct 11 you can get fresh chicken at NTUC or Sheng Siong or Giant - much cheaper than kampong chicken.
[+] 1 user Likes sporeguy's post

Will Chicken Rice price per plate go down ?

Smile

Rotfl Rotfl Rotfl

miss.my 3 dollar chicken rice. long time never eat cos selling so expensive and little meat, not worth.

I prefer Geylang chicken

I noticed the chicken imported from other countries tasted very different from those imported from Malaysia. They tasted like cotton with no elasticity. All my friends also said lousy. Hope we can get some nice peh charm koi from now on. .... Big Grin

Thinking is difficult, that's why most people judge
                    Carl Jung
[+] 1 user Likes Huliwang's post

Price Up no down

The white chicken made from frozen chicken is no difference from making from fresh chicken.

When they will stop again

The geylang ones cannot eat.  Can poke only Big Grin

Wherever you go, no matter what the weather, always bring your own sunshine Big Grin

(09-10-2022, 10:43 PM)Niubee Wrote:  Will Chicken Rice price per plate go down ?

Once price up won't go down liao.

(09-10-2022, 10:43 PM)Niubee Wrote:  Will Chicken Rice price per plate go down ?

In Singapore price goes up don't come down. ... Big Grin

Thinking is difficult, that's why most people judge
                    Carl Jung

If the price of raw chicken comes down and high chicken rice price still persists, it is time for the Profiteering Committee to act.

Please action, enforce !

Frozen chicken is as good if not better than live one with all the sai allover their legs and body

8Umbrella Umbrella

ya dead but fresh

[Image: ezgif-3-0860e1e81e.gif]

(09-10-2022, 09:51 PM)sporeguy Wrote:  ... Ok fellow forumers I was referring to real chicken - not those that run around Geylang at night!

SINGAPORE: The Singapore Food Agency (SFA) on Sunday (Oct 9) said Malaysia will lift its temporary export ban on live chicken broilers from Oct 11. 

Responding to CNA's queries, the agency said it received "official notification" from Malaysia's Department of Veterinary Services on the lifting of the ban.

"We welcome the resumption of live chicken broiler imports, and are seeking clarification on the details," said SFA. 

The Malaysian government had earlier banned the export of up to 3.6 million chickens from Jun 1 in its efforts to tackle supply and pricing issues for chicken in the country.

The ban was implemented following complaints of supply shortage and price increases of chicken, with some traders selling their poultry above the price ceiling to cover their costs.

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/singapor...cy-2998086

I saw many real life hens and cocks running along Upper Thomson Road grass patches leh! Why nobody is catching to cook leh?

partly due to GE is coming in MY

(10-10-2022, 12:46 PM)cheekopekman Wrote:  I saw many real life hens and cocks running along Upper Thomson Road grass patches leh! Why nobody is catching to cook leh?

Nobody will put effort to chase the hens. Mostly can't run better than hens Big Grin

Smile
[+] 1 user Likes Niubee's post

(10-10-2022, 12:46 PM)cheekopekman Wrote:  I saw many real life hens and cocks running along Upper Thomson Road grass patches leh! Why nobody is catching to cook leh?
Those public properties! Like those mangoes grown along roads cannot pick! 

You will be fined!

Someone mentioned frozen chicken same taste as fresh chicken - how can!? Definitely never eaten fresh chicken before ...

I prefer cooked one lah! Big Grin