Taiwanese F-16 fighter jet feared to have crashed as pilot loses contact

https://www.scmp.com/news/china/military...ilot-loses

Always crash, what happened?

Right now search for the pilot is immediate thing.

If Taiwan planes keep crashing, Taiwan will have very good search and rescue team.

Smile

(11-01-2022, 09:18 PM)kangtangman Wrote:  Right now search for the pilot is immediate thing.

The pilot must have used the ejection seat when his plane is about to crash.....

The multi millions dollars plane is also importance , wait let PLA take it to see how ?

(11-01-2022, 09:27 PM)ysh02 Wrote:  The multi millions dollars plane is also importance , wait let PLA take it to see how ?

I think is will cost US$20 million a plane......

(11-01-2022, 09:26 PM)debono Wrote:  The pilot must have used the ejection seat when his plane is about to crash.....

As I was in multiple meetings so didn’t follow the news closely today. But just heard that they are searching for the pilot during the evening news, and it’s out in the open seas where the temperature is very low now.

(11-01-2022, 09:39 PM)kangtangman Wrote:  As I was in multiple meetings so didn’t follow the news closely today. But just heard that they are searching for the pilot during the evening news, and it’s out in the open seas where the temperature is very low now.

The pilot will have a homing device and flashing light to enable search and rescue team to locate him.....

(11-01-2022, 09:07 PM)lvlrsSTI Wrote:  Always crash, what happened?

Competing with India?

Taiwan no ACC ; so practice crash landing at sea exercise very often ?...

(11-01-2022, 09:35 PM)debono Wrote:  I think is will cost US$20 million a plane......

not so cheap

F-16V Block 70 is expensive.   The US sold 66 to Taiwan for 8 billion which means each fighter cost 121 million.

Taiwan paid much higher than market price  Smile

(12-01-2022, 07:30 AM)drgn Wrote:  not so cheap

F-16V Block 70 is expensive.   The US sold 66 to Taiwan for 8 billion which means each fighter cost 121 million.

Taiwan paid much higher than market price  Smile

Taiwan is extremely good carrot head!  Big Grin

(11-01-2022, 09:42 PM)debono Wrote:  The pilot will have a homing device and flashing light to enable search and rescue team to locate him.....

Well, up till now they are still unable to locate the pilot and this is becoming a challenge now…

Based on the report the pilot had tried to perform a maneuver that the pilot was probably knock out by the g-force. And the pilot did not eject out of the plane in time.

(11-01-2022, 09:42 PM)debono Wrote:  The pilot will have a homing device and flashing light to enable search and rescue team to locate him.....

By right , yes.

By 'wrong', no!  Confused

(12-01-2022, 04:50 PM)kangtangman Wrote:  Well, up till now they are still unable to locate the pilot and this is becoming a challenge now…

The same plane same pilot had an accident last year.

(12-01-2022, 04:54 PM)lvlrsSTI Wrote:  The same plane same pilot had an accident last year.

So , pilot lousy or fighter jet lousy?

(12-01-2022, 04:54 PM)lvlrsSTI Wrote:  The same plane same pilot had an accident last year.

Yes, I think the training to maneuver that particular stunt was too challenging for this young pilot. Maybe need more training before pulling that move.

(12-01-2022, 04:56 PM)cityhantam Wrote:  So , pilot lousy or fighter jet lousy?

I don’t think is lousy but more of inexperienced.

Local news just reported the family members and his girlfriend of the pilot is now calling out the pilot names at the seaside….the pilot is still missing.

(12-01-2022, 05:00 PM)kangtangman Wrote:  Yes, I think the training to maneuver that particular stunt was too challenging for this young pilot. Maybe need more training before pulling that move.

(12-01-2022, 05:01 PM)kangtangman Wrote:  I don’t think is lousy but more of inexperienced.
I don't think the plane is lousy, cos US had sold so many world wide.  It must be the pilot's inexperience that failed him.....

https://tw.appledaily.com/local/20220112...ZF6IE2AHI/

(12-01-2022, 05:03 PM)kangtangman Wrote:  Local news just reported the family members and his girlfriend of the pilot is now calling out the pilot names at the seaside….the pilot is still missing.

I heard throw water melon and the body will float up.

Smile

This is not the first time Taiwanese fighters have accident

(12-01-2022, 05:24 PM)lvlrsSTI Wrote:  This is not the first time Taiwanese fighters have accident

The Taiwanese military must conduct a committee to find out what was wrong with the pilots or it is the fighter jet's fault.....

(12-01-2022, 05:04 PM)debono Wrote:  I don't think the plane is lousy, cos US had sold so many world wide.  It must be the pilot's inexperience that failed him.....

the substandard ones were delivered to tw loh. really df. 

multimillion widow makers

(12-01-2022, 05:36 PM)WhatDoYouThink? Wrote:  the substandard ones were delivered to tw loh. really df. 

multimillion widow makers

Substandard goods (and at cut-throat prices!), but Taiwanese dared not complain!

(12-01-2022, 05:04 PM)debono Wrote:  I don't think the plane is lousy, cos US had sold so many world wide.  It must be the pilot's inexperience that failed him.....

Looks like you didn’t know what the American sold to the Taiwanese? Most of the weapon are that the American sold to Taiwan are second hands stuff. They do not provide much spare parts even if the American do, they will mark up high price too. 

By far Taiwanese has the largest fleet of the same model that just have a mishaps. And the local reported news stated that in the past 7 years under DPP administration, by far has already killed 19 army officers which include the latest mishaps. With fighter planes so far already more than 5 cases. 

The stress that these armed forces are going through were due to the instability brought by DPP. And I recently learned that DPP was started by the descendent of the Japanese in Taiwan. And they are very closed with many Japanese politicians, even up till these days.

(12-01-2022, 05:24 PM)Niubee Wrote:  I heard throw water melon and the body will float up.

Yes, this was previously done on one of the pilot who has clashed into the eastern seas of Taiwan. And amazingly found the body. Let’s wait and see, the local may perform some rituals.