Taiwanese Woman Married an American Accountant, Regretted and Divorced Him

Husband looks like a kind generous soul.
She seems to be against that.

Anyway it "giving" has nothing to do with bejng American or Chinese. It depends on the person.

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

(27-06-2024, 05:08 PM)sgbuffett Wrote:  Husband looks like a kind generous soul.
She seems to be against that.

Anyway it "giving" has nothing to do with bejng American or Chinese. It depends on the person.

Culture conflict. Chinese always save money for rainy days, Americans spend future money and have high debts, they don’t have a good habit of saving money in the bank, they spend all their salaries every month. In this case the husband has high debt yet he buys expensive car and give donations to charity. For Chinese like his wife it is just absurd and crazy. No wonder some American doctors and lawyers live in the street after getting bankrupted. 

It is important to save enough money for your wellbeing, when you have excessive money then it makes sense to do charity.

(27-06-2024, 05:14 PM)lvlrsSTI Wrote:  Culture conflict. Chinese always save money for rainy days, Americans spend future money and have high debts, they don’t have a good habit of saving money in the bank, they spend all their salaries every month. In this case the husband has high debt yet he buys expensive car and give donations to charity. For Chinese like his wife it is just absurd and crazy. No wonder some American doctors and lawyers live in the street after getting bankrupted. 

It is important to save enough money for your wellbeing, when you have excessive money then it makes sense to do charity.

True.

Same like Japanese.

While it's good for individual to be thrifty and save. It is not good for the economy as economy will have low demand.

Every dollar you spend benefits the person who receives the dollar.

A thrifty society will suffer the paradox of thrift and economy will stagnate.

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

(27-06-2024, 05:48 PM)sgbuffett Wrote:  True.

Same like Japanese.

While it's good for individual to be thrifty and save. It is not good for the economy as economy will have low demand.

Every dollar you spend benefits the person who receives the dollar.

A thrifty society will suffer the paradox of thrift and economy will stagnate.

But the Americans are another extreme, they have no money yet keep buying cars, holidays, TVs, computers and other stuffs, all on credit cards, later they are on high debts and unable to pay back, the declare bankruptcy.

The U.S. government is also like that , the U.S. national debt is $34 trillion and will hit $40 trillion soon, but they spend money like no tomorrow, gave to Ukraine and Israel tens of billions to continue fighting wars, 600k Americans are homeless. There is no way the U.S. can pay off the national debt, if one day the whole world stops using USD, the U.S. will become like another Argentina.

(27-06-2024, 06:00 PM)lvlrsSTI Wrote:  But the Americans are another extreme, they have no money yet keep buying cars, holidays, TVs, computers and other stuffs, all on credit cards, later they are on high debts and unable to pay back, the declare bankruptcy.

True.

That is why the US economy is driving the world everyone depends on them for demand.

Some Americans really spend too much and become.bankrupt after which their debts are written off by the banks and the giovt then prints money if needed fo bail out the banks.

Remember all fiat money is just paper.

There were many Chinese who "saved money" in whatever currency issued by the emperor ...when dynasty collapse all the money is gone.

Look at Turkey and Argentina all the savers money wiped out by hyperinflation. Yoh are better off spending all your money before such events happen

I see nothing wrong with using all the money you have 

..maybe not to the extent of going bankrupt but not keep so much as idle.funds that sit there doing nothing but used as safety net.

(27-06-2024, 06:07 PM)sgbuffett Wrote:  True.

That is why the US economy is driving the world everyone depends on them for demand.

Some Americans really spend too much and become.bankrupt after which their debts are written off by the banks and the giovt then prints money if needed fo bail out the banks.

Remember all fiat money is just paper.

There were many Chinese who "saved money" in whatever currency issued by the emperor ...when dynasty collapse all the money is gone.

Look at Turkey and Argentina all the savers money wiped out by hyperinflation. Yoh are better off spending all your money before such events happen

I see nothing wrong with using all the money you have 

..maybe not to the extent of going bankrupt but not keep so much as idle.funds that sit there doing nothing but used as safety net.

Buy gold, that is why China has been buying gold aggressively over the past few years and dump the U.S. bonds, and Japan also started selling the U.S. bonds now.

Dunt be fooled by the rosy reports of the U.S. economy, it is built on top of mountain high debts.

Many Asian women want to marry an American husband