Taiwanese commits suicide after losing nearly NT$60 million from Luna crypto crash

A man in Taichung City was found dead on Tuesday (May 24) after falling from his apartment in an apparent  suicide after losing a large sum of money from the collapse of the crypto token Luna.

At 2 a.m. on Tuesday in Taichung's 7th Redevelopment Zone, a resident reportedly fell from his high-rise, luxury apartment tower, reported NMoreOWnews. A security guard working on the night shift heard a loud noise, rushed out to investigate, and found a severely injured man lying on the  ground.

When police arrived at the scene, it was immediately clear the man had died. A floor-by-floor inspection of the apartment building revealed the deceased was a 29-year-old tenant surnamed Wu (吳), who resided on the 13th floor.

Wu left no apparent suicide note and there was no sign of an intrusion or struggle. Officers also ruled out death from COVID as he tested negative for the virus.

After inspecting his phone, prosecutors found that Wu had recently complained to his relatives and friends that the value of the Luna tokens he had amassed had collapsed by 99% within just two days.

More at https://shrtco.de/apwLVz

This is what will happen to crypto investors 20yrs from now. Luna was just a warning shot.

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

(28-05-2022, 08:32 PM)sgbuffett Wrote:  This is what will happen to crypto investors 20yrs from now. Luna was just a warning shot.

Bro, if DCA into BTC monthly you think long term ok? Tq

I was sad when i don't have a pair of new shoes, until i saw someone with no feet...

only 65k sg$
gosh

(28-05-2022, 08:49 PM)Talent Wrote:  only 65k sg$
gosh

When investing aka gambling, you must gamb...I mean invest according to your risk appetite.

If you have a very low-risk appetite, stick to FD with a AAA bank.

Observer = KILLjoy = starbugstk = Dan = lvlrsSTI = OWNER.
Trying so hard to find my Archilles Point wor. Hehe Love

60m twd is about 3m sgd

(28-05-2022, 08:40 PM)roguetrader Wrote:  Bro, if DCA into BTC monthly you think long term ok? Tq

Bitcoin is what you call an unproductive asset and also virtual so it is hard to say how much it will be 20yrs from.now.

It's like Gold. In 1970s it reached $800 per ounce the collapsed and was $300 in 1990...
Only recently it went up to $2000. ...then fell

Over long term it is inferior to stocks as it has no earnjngs and what it will trade 20yrs from.now is unknown. The S&P500 will more than triple 20yrs from now.

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

Initially i was very skeptical about crypto, but stocks can also go to zero so thinking to DCA small amount into BTC for alternatives. Wanted to DCA into ETH but my friend told me BTC is like the "father" of crypto, and ETH was involved in many projects. I small timer, salary very low so hopefully 10 to 20 yrs can no need collect cardboards for exercising...

I was sad when i don't have a pair of new shoes, until i saw someone with no feet...

(28-05-2022, 09:53 PM)roguetrader Wrote:  Initially i was very skeptical about crypto, but stocks can also go to zero so thinking to DCA small amount into BTC for alternatives. Wanted to DCA into ETH but my friend told me BTC is like the "father" of crypto, and ETH was involved in many projects. I small timer, salary very low so hopefully 10 to 20 yrs can no need collect cardboards for exercising...

It's up to you what you want to do with your money.
However when it comes to stocks, the index never go to 0 and is always up after 10yrs.. Ordinary investors best to avoid individual stocks.

(28-05-2022, 09:58 PM)sgbuffett Wrote:  It's up to you what you want to do with your money.
However when it comes to stocks, the index never go to 0 and is always up after 10yrs.. Ordinary investors best to avoid individual stocks.

Bro, thank you for your advise. My brokerage is killing my little monies every month which is why i no want to see the stock market after my last purchase. Even ig i think the interest and the bid offer is already killing my even little dca monies. I really dunno how to proceed, I also want to invest more but my bank every month also need to minus $2 for failing to meet the fall below fees, + my mother medical fees, i dunno how i can survive for long if suddenly my boss decide to pok me.

(28-05-2022, 09:24 PM)sgbuffett Wrote:  Bitcoin is what you call an unproductive asset and also virtual so it is hard to say how much it will be 20yrs from.now.

It's like Gold. In 1970s it reached $800 per ounce the collapsed and was $300 in 1990...
Only recently it went up to $2000. ...then fell

Over long term it is inferior to stocks as it has no earnjngs and what it will trade 20yrs from.now is unknown. The S&P500 will more than triple 20yrs from now.

The only thing difference between gold and bitcoin is gold is tested by history.. If war outbreak, people convert their useless paper currency to gold so that it is easier to carry around and exchange for other stuffs while on the run.

If bitcoin can have a similar show case (maybe the Ukraine war with Russia), then it might replace gold one day.. But you need network to transact your bitcoin. During war times, still got network?

1. I have served the nation in a combat unit for 2.5 + 10 years. I had fulfilled my duty as a citizen, but has the country do it's part for me?
2. I don't know where the threat of CCP is, but I know the threat of CECA is already at my doorsteps
3. I had been called a CCP, JHK, Pinoy, but they never called me a CECA..

Gambles life. He suay la.

Ya, stock like SMM from $5 to 8c in about 5 years....put money in Index ETF safer won't go zero ,every now and than it change the composition by kick out this and that...

gosh

60 mil NT is SGD 2.81 mil, not SGD 65K

(29-05-2022, 01:22 PM)Levin Wrote:  60 mil NT is SGD 2.81 mil, not SGD 65K

65k is the conversion rate for old Luna to new Luna

1 new Luna is equal to 1 old Luna/65k

(29-05-2022, 03:14 PM)Sentinel Wrote:  65k is the conversion rate for old Luna to new Luna

1 new Luna is equal to 1 old Luna/65k

Ah. Thanks.

gosh

3 millions SGD... sis !!!!

Not kim jua.... joss paper.

Smile

The Korean scammer who ran the ponzi has no conscience. He could just walk off without punishment.

Strangely Korea police arrest victim and protects the kingpin
[Image: G7MoEUu.jpg]
The sudden collapse of two popular digital coins in early May shocked investors and wiped $400bn (£318bn) from the value of many other cryptocurrencies, including the biggest, Bitcoin. All over the world, people who lost their life savings are now appealing for help. One desperate man was even arrested after visiting the home of the elusive businessman at the centre of the "cryptocrash". He told BBC News his life was in tatters.

In the volatile world of cryptocurrencies, fortunes can be made and lost rapidly - but the May 2022 cryptocrash has been particularly devastating for one man in South Korea.

"I felt like I was going to die," the cryptocurrency streamer known as Chancers says. "I lost a lot of money in a short period of time. Around $2.4m (£1.9m) of my cryptocurrency was wiped out."

Don't be the next crypto victim.
Sell all you crypto take the cash to do something concrete for yourself and you family.