Take MRT to eat Ampang yong tau foo

Today WFH, TGIF nothing much happening so took a bus to Thomson Plaza and took the new MRT line to Springleaf station. Go there eat one of my favorite 928 Ampang yong tau foo. The smaller one nearer to the petrol kiosk .... best lah yum yum ... forgot to snap some pics to post so ... grab some from the internet .... who eat before?

Quite crowded some more and who said F&B suffering ... if your food is good .... people will come to you

[Image: Picture-119.jpg]

KTV妹妹说,香港人无义,台湾人无情,新加坂人无智 Big Grin
[+] 1 user Likes Tangsen's post

(03-09-2021, 10:06 PM)Tangsen Wrote:  Today WFH, TGIF nothing much happening so took a bus to Thomson Plaza and took the new MRT line to Springleaf station. Go there eat one of my favorite 928 Ampang yong tau foo. The smaller one nearer to the petrol kiosk .... best lah yum yum ... forgot to snap some pics to post so ... grab some from the internet .... who eat before?

Quite crowded some more and who said F&B suffering ... if your food is good .... people will come to you

Same coffee shop got braised duck?

(03-09-2021, 10:24 PM)dynamite Wrote:  Same coffee shop got braised duck?

Nope, that's the larger one. Ate that too but I much prefer the smaller kopi tiam. More authentic

(03-09-2021, 10:24 PM)dynamite Wrote:  Same coffee shop got braised duck?

You like braised duck, you must try the corner shop one ..... MUCH better than the one with the young tau foo.
Soon Kee Duck Rice 
https://www.facebook.com/SoonKeeEatingHouse/

[Image: 224067-EF08-O8-G9-W0-R90-JACleciv8scz-A9...KG72j8.jpg]

[+] 1 user Likes Tangsen's post

(03-09-2021, 10:31 PM)Tangsen Wrote:  You like braised duck, you must try the corner shop one ..... MUCH better than the one with the young tau foo.
Soon Kee Duck Rice 
https://www.facebook.com/SoonKeeEatingHouse/

[Image: 224067-EF08-O8-G9-W0-R90-JACleciv8scz-A9...KG72j8.jpg]

The coffee shop you eat only sell yongtaufu?

The corner one only duck rice?

(03-09-2021, 10:06 PM)Tangsen Wrote:  Today WFH, TGIF nothing much happening so took a bus to Thomson Plaza and took the new MRT line to Springleaf station. Go there eat one of my favorite 928 Ampang yong tau foo. The smaller one nearer to the petrol kiosk .... best lah yum yum ... forgot to snap some pics to post so ... grab some from the internet .... who eat before?

There are two Ampang YTF shops under the same block next to each other, the famous one is much smaller in the corner, the fake one is much bigger, and more crowded, many people mistakened it and ate at the wrong shop without knowing.

The original one closes very early at 5:30pm, likely you ate at the wrong shop. Wink

(03-09-2021, 10:36 PM)dynamite Wrote:  The coffee shop you eat only sell yongtaufu?

The corner one only duck rice?

The shop I ate sells yong tau foo and chicky rice. Small one. The other is the bigger shop with braised ducky and yong tau foo. I prefer the smaller one.
The corner shop that sell only braised ducky bery good.

(03-09-2021, 10:45 PM)lvlrsSTI Wrote:  There are two Ampang YTF shops under the same block next to each other, the famous one is much smaller in the corner, the fake one is much bigger, and more crowded, many people mistakened it and ate at the wrong shop without knowing.

The original one closes very early at 5:30pm, likely you ate at the wrong shop. Wink

Yes the smaller one chilli best and the sauce less sweet ... overall .... the smaller one 4 stars out of 5 .... big one ....errrr 2 stars 
I awlays eat the small one after trying the big one

During the lockdown, I tarpow .... errrrr .... nothing beats eating there 
So GO ENJOY ......

2molo, I go eat kway chup .... another food cannot tarpow one  nudie

(03-09-2021, 10:53 PM)Tangsen Wrote:  The shop I ate sells yong tau foo and chicky rice. Small one. The other is the bigger shop with braised ducky and yong tau foo. I prefer the smaller one.
The corner shop that sell only braised ducky bery good.

Wah. Then the big shop is trying to steal business from original duck stall and ytf stall.

(03-09-2021, 10:58 PM)Tangsen Wrote:  2molo, I go eat kway chup .... another food cannot tarpow one  nudie

Give review later

(04-09-2021, 07:04 AM)dynamite Wrote:  Wah. Then the big shop is trying to steal business from original duck stall and ytf stall.
I think the smaller ones no worries, they are also quite packed. Many old-timers or those tried both will eat the smaller one but bigger shop has their following also.

(04-09-2021, 07:05 AM)dynamite Wrote:  Give review later

Sure, there is one in Sembawang Hill FC also quite good must wait at least 15mins or more.

http://www.allaboutceil.com/2016/07/san-...-chap.html

[Image: 27732530830-4890dbb20a-b.jpg]

i am going now
u tempt me
also try new line

who coming
treats on me
but u pay

(04-09-2021, 12:20 PM)Talent Wrote:  i am going now
u tempt me
also try new line

If Sembawang sold out, go this one, nearby. I actually prefer this one.

http://ieatishootipost.sg/lao-san-kway-c...like-this/

[Image: Stall5.jpg]

(04-09-2021, 12:20 PM)Talent Wrote:  i am going now
u tempt me
also try new line

Try then get infected how? Big Grin

Just tried the yong tau hu set $5.90 (UP $6.70) at the Amara food court. Nice but very few ingredients.

Wherever you go, no matter what the weather, always bring your own sunshine Big Grin

(04-09-2021, 12:53 PM)p1acebo Wrote:  Just tried the yong tau hu set $5.90 (UP $6.70) at the Amara food court.  Nice but very few ingredients.
Only the one in people park hawker centre is ytf.

(04-09-2021, 12:28 PM)Tangsen Wrote:  If Sembawang sold out, go this one, nearby. I actually prefer this one.

http://ieatishootipost.sg/lao-san-kway-c...like-this/

[Image: Stall5.jpg]

I heard the best kuaychap is at tanjong rhu hawker centre

wasted my $5

lousy

the whole of Spore takes MRT there to eat Ampang YTF, very good business....should change the name of MRT station from Springleaf to Ampang YTF.

[Image: Screenshot-20210904-140928-Maps.jpg]

this ampang ntf along east coast rd. friends asked to go once, and will never go again

ya patience paid off, more this time..

(04-09-2021, 02:12 PM)WhatDoYouThink? Wrote:  [Image: Screenshot-20210904-140928-Maps.jpg]

this ampang ntf along east coast rd. friends asked to go once, and will never go again
True.....tried this once.
Nothing special and quite pricey.

First time and last time.

(04-09-2021, 01:07 PM)dynamite Wrote:  Only the one in people park hawker centre is ytf.

Ok.... so the rest cmi?

Wherever you go, no matter what the weather, always bring your own sunshine Big Grin

(04-09-2021, 01:07 PM)dynamite Wrote:  Only the one in people park hawker centre is ytf.

The clear soup seems to be msg laden. Pretty sweet .

Not sure why people are so fond of this stall ?

(04-09-2021, 02:27 PM)menghuii Wrote:  ya patience paid off, more this time..

I only can remember the Ampang yong tau foo along Sembawang road.  It is very good but it is a bit pricey...

(04-09-2021, 01:08 PM)dynamite Wrote:   
I heard the best kuaychap is at tanjong rhu hawker centre

Tried liow ..... ok lah ... you try this one in AMK first .... go quick ... yum yum one