Grab loses almost $1B in one quarter...

https://www.theedgesingapore.com/capital...llion-3q21

These venture backed companies are playing cheat. Burning money thru fundings. Bending business rules by subsidy customers.

Smile

if NASDAQ were to stop allowing loss-making companies to list

no more such companies liao
[+] 1 user Likes Napoleon Porlumpar's post

(12-11-2021, 07:42 AM)Niubee Wrote:  These venture backed companies are playing cheat. Burning money thru fundings. Bending business rules by subsidy customers.

Nobody force investors to invest in these companies.
So long as accounting is honest ....its for investors to decide.

Many think such companies are like Amazon lose money for 10yrs to gain market share then become profitable to pay off...stock go up 500 times.

Many of the investment thinking is modeled after this.

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

(12-11-2021, 09:20 AM)sgbuffett Wrote:  Nobody force investors to invest in these companies.
So long as accounting is honest ....its for investors to decide.

Many think such companies are like Amazon lose money for 10yrs to gain market share then become profitable to pay off...stock go up 500 times.

Many of the investment thinking is modeled after this.

Look it another way. I don't care investors.

It is bending the biz rules to disadvantage incumbent.

Smile

does it matter when founders are becoming billionaire soon?

Grab is no Amazon. There is no path to profitability for Grab. In transport, there are competitors such as Gojek and also other smaller copycats. In food delivery, even companies such as AirAsia want to get in. For grabpay, there is paylah/paynow etc. Grab is only growing because it keeps going into new business areas it has no expertise in. Now becoming a rojak app.
[+] 2 users Like starbugs's post

some PMET will go back Engineering?.

But CEO currently enjoy his JUST Bought GCB .

Nowadays making money in business is about selling people a promise. It's no longer about profitability. Hence, the old way of looking at the fundamentals of a company before they buy into it is no longer feasible. This world is getting more and more weird.

Many people will go jobless if Grab konk out........ Confused

Thinking is difficult, that's why most people judge
                    Carl Jung

(12-11-2021, 12:12 PM)Huliwang Wrote:  Many people will go jobless if Grab konk out........ Confused

I observed that there are many Grab riders, if Grab goes belly up, then many of them be jobless, adding to many to go back to their former job if it is still available... crying

No worry.

Temasek is a shareholder and has $billions to fund GRAB

(12-11-2021, 12:40 PM)forum456 Wrote:  No worry.

Temasek is a shareholder and has $billions to fund GRAB

But as a business entity, Temasek Holding cannot stand to lose so much money on this new venture.  TH will want to make Grab a profitable company.  How long can a company tolerate their losses in such a short time..... crying

just grab on and make some money…enough to pay for lifetime of grab rides….saying the company is junk does nothing for u

(12-11-2021, 12:20 PM)debono Wrote:  I observed that there are many Grab riders, if Grab goes belly up, then many of them be jobless, adding to many to go back to their former job if it is still available... crying

Another company will just come in to take its place. It's not like Grab's business is unique and not duplicable.

Grab is 注定会成功的 because it has a auspicious name and astrology borned at right time amd place. GRAB. So is UBER.

(12-11-2021, 06:59 AM)BigBossX Wrote:  https://www.theedgesingapore.com/capital...llion-3q21

Who the fugg wanna buy your back door listing via SPAC?
This bubble waiting to go POP

KTV妹妹说,香港人无义,台湾人无情,新加坂人无智 Big Grin