Tan Kin Lian: From leaving school and supporting his family

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/singapor...ef-3713406

Friendship with Ong Teng Cheong
Edit
Tan was close to Ong Teng Cheong, the fifth president of Singapore. When Ong was elected as President, Tan presented him a set of orchid motif ties in different colours, which were commissioned by NTUC Income and made in the United Kingdom.[38] Ong liked the tie in red color and used it on a number of important occasions, including Nomination Day and his inauguration as the president of Singapore.[38] He also wore it for his presidential portrait which was displayed in government offices and other organisations.[38]

Tan was involved in several initiative introduced by Ong, such as the Singapore Dance Theatre (SDT), the first Singapore expedition to Mount Everest, and the President's Star Charity. Tan promoted the SDT performances to the policyholders of NTUC Income and later joined the board of directors, where he served for 12 years.[39] NTUC Income became one of the main sponsors of the Mount Everest expedition.

During the last two years of Ong Teng Cheong's term, Tan chaired the President's Star Charity event to raise funds and to promote the Singapore Dress.[40] When Ong's wife died, shortly after the second charity dinner, Tan organised 1,000 messages of condolences from Singaporeans, submitted through the Internet, and presented the book to Ong.[41

Post-retirement interlude
Edit
Since retiring from NTUC Income in 2007, Tan has provided free financial advice and opinions on current affairs through his blog,[13] and had established the Financial Service Consumer Association (FISCA) to educate people about long-term financial security.[14][15] During the 2008 financial crisis, he organised public rallies for people who lost their money due to investing in Lehman Brothers' Minibond products.[16] The rallies resulted in a petition to Singapore Government, signed by 983 investors.[17]

Sec 4 only, can do so much more than lukongsimilj and human goat. Do you agree it's a miracle?
[+] 1 user Likes WhatDoYouThink!'s post

Quote:wduf fam worked as jap comfort lagi cham

No weapons that forms against me shall prosper
No tongue that rises against me I shall condemn 
☝️

(27-08-2023, 05:09 PM)Lukongsimi Wrote:  My hole family work as comforters

Why?

(27-08-2023, 04:48 PM)WhatDoYouThink! Wrote:  Sec 4 only, can do so much more than lukongsimilj and human goat. Do you agree it's a miracle?

Its genuine capabilities not like majority parachuted by manipulated system.

(27-08-2023, 05:13 PM)WhatDoYouThink! Wrote:  My whole FAmily work as comfort why huhz?

Very Cham huh?

☝️

(27-08-2023, 05:29 PM)Lukongsimi Wrote:  My hole family very Cham huh?

Why?

(27-08-2023, 05:32 PM)WhatDoYouThink! Wrote:  Why my whole family all siao lung huh?

How come ?

☝️

He was from the older generation have to work all the way up from bottom. Nowadays no need just parachute in will do.