Taxi driver who was once MNC manager with master’s degree

Taxi driver who was once MNC manager with master’s degree says he’s now happier being a cabby

https://theindependent.sg/taxi-driver-wh...g-a-cabby/

Totally assimilated ....

He drives taxi because no better alternative mah, not that because he loves that job

It's quite a waste for an engrg master's degree holder to drive a cab
[+] 1 user Likes WhatDoYouThink!'s post

Look like more foreigners took over his previous job?

Foreigners more than happy to take his place at the MNC

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.
[+] 1 user Likes sgbuffett's post

(20-05-2024, 05:06 PM)WhatDoYouThink! Wrote:  He drives taxi because no better alternative mah, not that because he loves that job. It's quite a waste for an engrg master's degree holder to drive a cab

If that cabby is only about 40 years old, he should be trying to get back into senior management since he has experience working in a MNC and has a Master's Degree in mechanical engineering. Why is he behaving like a PME over the age of 55 who has fallen over the cliff and resigned to a life of underemployment?

He can make 4 to 8k per month with plenty of freedom , not ba

(20-05-2024, 05:29 PM)sgbuffett Wrote:  Foreigners more than happy to take his place at the MNC

Whenever I travel to a developed country, I notice that my Uber or cab driver is likely to be a foreigner from a Third World Country who does a job that locals shun. Why are the roles reversed here in S'pore with citizens performing such menial work while non-S'poreans hold PME positions? 

(20-05-2024, 05:39 PM)EvertonDiehard Wrote:  If that cabby is only about 40 years old, he should be trying to get back into senior management since he has experience working in a MNC and has a Master's Degree in mechanical engineering. Why is he behaving like a PME over the age of 55 who has fallen over the cliff and resigned to a life of underemployment?

Nothing much in sg to engineer.

(20-05-2024, 05:41 PM)WhatDoYouThink! Wrote:  He can make 4 to 8k per month with plenty of freedom , not ba

Please read between the lines: he probably makes closer to $4K on most months, and may reach $8K after spending long hours behind the wheel at the expense of his health on 1-2 months in a year.
[+] 1 user Likes EvertonDiehard's post

(20-05-2024, 05:45 PM)EvertonDiehard Wrote:  Please read between the lines: he probably makes closer to $4K on most months, and may reach $8K after spending long hours behind the wheel at the expense of his health on 1-2 months in a year.

I just chincai read can already lah. Why you so free read every line and every word? Got prizes is itM

(20-05-2024, 05:24 PM)forum456 Wrote:  Look like more foreigners took over his previous job?

It is ironic when a self-employed person claims that he doesn't have to worry about medical certificates, CPF or other corporate concerns. On the contrary, he should be concerned that he has no MC whenever he falls ill since he still has to cover his cab rental or CPF since he is self-employed. As for corporate concerns, doesn't he miss delegating work to subordinates since the buck stops with him now? 

(20-05-2024, 05:50 PM)EvertonDiehard Wrote:  It is ironic when a self-employed person claims that he doesn't have to worrying about medical certificates, CPF or other corporate concerns. On the contrary, he should be concerned that he has no MC whenever he falls ill since he still has to cover his cab rental or CPF since he is self-employed. As for corporate concerns, doesn't he miss delegating work to subordinates since the buck stops with him now? 

He is saying these things to comfort himself.

Likely he cannot stand working under certain bosses and decided to leave. Once the decision is made he self reinforce to justify it to make himself feel he has done the right thing.

It's like people who made certain major choices in life choosing work overseas or certain jobs then they justify it was a good decision because of this and that. But they never consider how things can also turn out well if they hung on to other choices.

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

He voted for PAP and must REPENT.

Why do we need 5 Mayors and 80 PAP Ministers? 

(20-05-2024, 05:54 PM)Ola Wrote:  He voted for PAP and must REPENT.

[Image: 87-pbx-IWm-Sv6m8lm-W5m-SX72cqj-Rsiu27-Tx...is-Jg.webp]

(20-05-2024, 05:54 PM)sgbuffett Wrote:  He is saying these things to comfort himself. Likely he cannot stand working under certain bosses and decided to leave. Once the decision is made he self reinforce to justify it to make himself feel he has done the right thing. It's like people who made certain major choices in life choosing work overseas or certain jobs then they justify it was a good decision because of this and that. But they never consider how things can also turn out well if they hung on to other choices.

If he has senior management experience in an MNC and a Master's Degree in Mechanical Engineering, he is still young enough to bounce back into the corporate world. Was he laid off and now, for whatever reason, cannot find his way back in?

GE coming soon if he don't like can ask his MP to assist ; MP will be delighted to help another PAP voter lah....

Who does not want a good paying job with regular income,ever increasing pay,more promotion? Other countries unwritten rule is to hire own citizens not foreigners. Papa has failed to take care of our citizens just throw us into the open system of hire and fire while they get $m salaries.

(20-05-2024, 06:19 PM)A2Z Wrote:  Who does not want a good paying job with regular income,ever increasing pay,more promotion? Other countries unwritten rule is to hire own citizens not foreigners. Papa has failed to take care of our citizens just throw us into the open system of hire and fire while they get $m salaries.

This is why Woody Goh claimed that check and balance by the Opposition is a lie, and the MIW is fully capable of being their own check and balance. In simple terms, the MIW do not want any checks on their power.  The want absolute power because absolute power corrupts absolutely.

This is a good case to the oppo to take on. Get to the root of the problems: how did he lose his job, why he couldn't get back another one, ...
[+] 1 user Likes WhatDoYouThink!'s post

(20-05-2024, 05:29 PM)sgbuffett Wrote:  Foreigners more than happy to take his place at the MNC

They take over his place because you don't want the job.

Observer = KILLjoy = starbugstk = Dan = lvlrsSTI = OWNER.
Trying so hard to find my Archilles Point wor. Hehe Love

(20-05-2024, 06:33 PM)Oyk Wrote:  They take over his place because you don't want the job.

Once a CECA gets promoted to a managerial position, he will fire S'poreans to be replaced by his fellow CECAs

[Image: Ceca.jpg]

(20-05-2024, 05:42 PM)EvertonDiehard Wrote:  Whenever I travel to a developed country, I notice that my Uber or cab driver is likely to be a foreigner from a Third World Country who does a job that locals shun. Why are the roles reversed here in S'pore with citizens performing such menial work while non-S'poreans hold PME positions? 

Can Uber and grab allow foreigner to drive? I don't think so.
At least for Hong Kong, most of the driver i met are young, about early 30s, few of them i met even have 2 phones, one for GPS navigating the other for them to monitor Cryptos, shares etc..

(20-05-2024, 06:35 PM)EvertonDiehard Wrote:  Once a CECA gets promoted to a managerial position, he will fire S'poreans to be replaced by his fellow CECAs

[Image: Ceca.jpg]

Any proof?

Or you heard that from your mother? Rolleyes

Observer = KILLjoy = starbugstk = Dan = lvlrsSTI = OWNER.
Trying so hard to find my Archilles Point wor. Hehe Love

(20-05-2024, 06:00 PM)EvertonDiehard Wrote:  If he has senior management experience in an MNC and a Master's Degree in Mechanical Engineering, he is still young enough to bounce back into the corporate world. Was he laid off and now, for whatever reason, cannot find his way back in?
Some people are just not able to adapt to office’s life. 8-5 job plus emails and office politics then after work still must reply emails and WhatsApp.

Long and short, SG really cannot afford to offer work life balance. Many PMEs are suffering and hanging at the corporate ladder like a piece of underwear left there to hang dry. Life can be worse than a dog.

(20-05-2024, 07:01 PM)Oyk Wrote:  Any proof? Or you heard that from your mother? 

I heard it from former classmates in JC and NUS as well as my NS buddies. In other words, I heard it from the mouth of those who were backstabbed by CECAs. Whoever is responsible for letting them in are traitors who have committed treason! 

(20-05-2024, 05:41 PM)WhatDoYouThink! Wrote:  He can make 4 to 8k per month with plenty of freedom , not ba

to make 7- 8k  need to drive 7 dyas 12 hrs a dy

no socail life !!

(20-05-2024, 06:55 PM)puntfast2 Wrote:  Can Uber and grab allow foreigner to drive? I don't think so.
At least for Hong Kong, most of the driver i met are young, about early 30s, few of them i met even have 2 phones, one for GPS navigating the other for them to monitor Cryptos, shares etc..

The rules in S'pore cannot be blindly applied to other countries. You are obviously not well travelled.

tells alot how toxic singapur is

do you think pappy care for you?
or
do you think pappy care more to get hold of the next ridout available?

this country sucks to the max

foreigners on visitor pass allow to seek employment

gov doesnt care as it helps tourism on the other hand

priority goes to any foreigner none to the local as they aint got family here to rush home on time

one good example
ceca
see how the pappy prioritize ceca over local
furthemore can promote a book based on their motherland
when the locals get bullied by the ceca, was told to integrate instead

really

a piece of shitland operated by a group of shitpeople
[+] 1 user Likes KILLjoy's post

(20-05-2024, 08:51 PM)KILLjoy Wrote:  tells alot how toxic singapur is do you think pappy care for you? or do you think pappy care more to get hold of the next ridout available? 
this country sucks to the max foreigners on visitor pass allow to seek employment gov doesnt care as it helps tourism on the other hand
priority goes to any foreigner none to the local as they aint got family here to rush home on time one good example ceca see how the pappy prioritize ceca over local furthemore can promote a book based on their motherland when the locals get bullied by the ceca, was told to integrate instead really a piece of shitland operated by a group of shitpeople

When multi-million dollar pay packages started being dangled in front of politicians, the ruling party recruited only mercenaries motivated by self-service instead of public service. The MIW are in it purely for the money $$$.