Taylor Swift Exclusivity: Play out neighbors, elites can outplay S'poreans

I spent one week cheering this 'big win" by Singapore over other countries. Further reflection got me thinking about the priniciples that it is based on can also be used on Singaporeans:

1. The Singapore govt being rich can get everything leaving nothing for others. It is not that our govt enticed Swift to come to Singapore, they also make sure that other countries get nothing.

2. Singapore is richest nation in the region but still wants all the economic gains of Swift's visit to the region...leaving the poorer countries nothing.

3. If nobody say anything, others also won't know what hit them ....just how they lost the economic boost they need so badly as poorer countries.

In the end such a decision is driven by ruling elites with this type of mindset:

1. It is okay to take all and leave others with nothing eveb though you are already rich.

2. It is okay to operate covertly hiding behind confidentiality agreements so those you affect negatively won't even know it.

It is fine when they use this on other countries. 

But if you think abpout it, the elites can do the same to you....and they probably did...

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

Aiya you just work hard and play yr part, reap what you sow, and dun blame others for what they do

(09-03-2024, 06:22 PM)sgbuffett Wrote:  I spent one week cheering this 'big win" by Singapore over other countries. Further reflection got me thinking about the priniciples that it is based on can also be used on Singaporeans:

1. The Singapore govt being rich can get everything leaving nothing for others. It is not that our govt enticed Swift to come to Singapore, they also make sure that other countries get nothing.

2. Singapore is richest nation in the region but still wants all the economic gains of Swift's visit to the region...leaving the poorer countries nothing.

3. If nobody say anything, others also won't know what hit them ....just how they lost the economic boost they need so badly as poorer countries.

In the end such a decision is driven by ruling elites with this type of mindset:

1. It is okay to take all and leave others with nothing eveb though you are already rich.

2. It is okay to operate covertly hiding behind confidentiality agreements so those you affect negatively won't even know it.

But if you think abpout it, the elites can do the same to you....and they probably did...

Now then you know ah?

If say msia and philippines sign the deal with Taylor swift...the profits only goes to the corrupted officials...nothing goes to the citizens or nation building!

Better let sillypore earn because corruption is not tolerated. If lucky sillyporeans can have soup to drink while the gov eat the meat!

(09-03-2024, 06:22 PM)sgbuffett Wrote:  In the end such a decision is driven by ruling elites with this type of mindset:

this kind of mindset comes from public servants who spend money without earning a single cent.
they always think of how to spend money to make Singapore looks great.

events like F1 and Talyor Swift are just boosting the temp physical beauty of Singapore to attract visitors.
physical beauty cannot last or gone once govt money is drying up.

(09-03-2024, 06:22 PM)sgbuffett Wrote:  I spent one week cheering this 'big win" by Singapore over other countries. Further reflection got me thinking about the priniciples that it is based on can also be used on Singaporeans:

Even no ah swift, u will also reached the same conclusion right? So what wrong with govt pulling this ah swift stunk.

U tink other country, if can do the same, won't do it? Got to be stupid to think that way.

1. I have served the nation in a combat unit for 2.5 + 10 years. I had fulfilled my duty as a citizen, but has the country do it's part for me?
2. I don't know where the threat of CCP is, but I know the threat of CECA is already at my doorsteps
3. I had been called a CCP, JHK, Pinoy, but they never called me a CECA..

Poor countries can sell land to earn monies but their pride forbid then don't complain if your neighbour country is rich lor
[+] 1 user Likes sgh's post

If this exclusivity deal is taken by Malaysia or Indonesia, then after reflection you will come to this forum board and post that we paid the elites millions of dollars but cannot think of such brilliant exclusivity deals like Malaysia. You just love to complain for complaining sake to post loads of such rubbish daily.      Rolleyes

Thinking is difficult, that's why most people judge
                    Carl Jung

(09-03-2024, 09:21 PM)forum456 Wrote:  this kind of mindset comes from public servants who spend money without earning a single cent.
they always think of how to spend money to make Singapore looks great.

events like F1 and Talyor Swift are just boosting the temp physical beauty of Singapore to attract visitors.
physical beauty cannot last or gone once govt money is drying up.

for example.

how to bring more business to a hotel ?

PAP minister : we can keep spending money to host F1 and Swift concerts to boost hotel occupancy.
This is short term as long as govt money is provided.

Entrepreneur : we can build up strategic hubs so that world class events will congregate in Singapore.
This is long term as long as it does not depend on govt money.

pap already ply us out

1. pay themselves millions

2. give our jobs to foriegners...

(09-03-2024, 09:48 PM)singaporean1964 Wrote:  pap already ply us out

1. pay themselves millions

2. give our jobs to foriegners...

They are not shy staying in mansions at Ridout as S'poreans squeeze into tiny BTOs.

I guess it's the mindset.

It's okay for us to struggle as they earn higgest salaries in the world.

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.